Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Hey Jewelz,

I know a lot of drunken sailors and you just insulted them. Heheh. (thank you Mr. John McCain). Our congress has definitely gone crazy spending other people's money. Our money, and I don't think it is going to stop at healthcare.

Our health care industry is the envy of the civilized world, and there are people outside the US that are wondering why we want to change it. We are trying to fix something that isn't broken. We do have a problem with a relatively few people who don't have health insurance. They still have health care. They can go to the free clinics, hospitals, or they have to pay for it themselves. It's kind of like when I as young all those many many many years ago. If you went to the Dr. you paid him/her (most of the time him). Of course the Dr would also, on occasion, come to our house to see us too. Oh well, times were different then but the principle remains.

We've gotten to the point where we feel entitled to the free lunch, and if we don't get it, then we feel deprived because there are others getting it. The only way to fix that is to change our attitude and become more self reliant. I don't think that will happen any time soon because I want my health care paid for too. Don't you?

Keep the Faith!

Isn't broken? Health Insurance companies profits going up hundreds of percent on the backs of ordinary citizens who go broke? The leading cause of people losing their homes is lack of health insurance.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.

I don't know but that doesn't sound too good. I hope you get a robust public option so people can get away from the insurance companies who are only answerable to their shareholders.

Timo
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Amen!!

Possi

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Silver_AS_Kicker
Silver_AS_Kicker
well .... last year over one million americans left this country to get medical procedures done that they could not afford or access in the US?

Try going to a free clinic for a million dollar cancer treatment or for a TNF drug at 20K a year. Sorry but you won't be able to get it. Many in this country are doing without and dying. I don't think too many envy us anymore. With premiums going up at the current rate in the current system it will bankrupt the country very shortly.

No families take so little medicine as those of doctors, except those of apothecaries.

Oliver Wendell Holmes
L
Lon Offline
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
L
Timo,
I am often surprised at what you can come up with.
thanks. I will send this to senator!
Lon

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Grimm Offline OP
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
Thanks for the amazing and diverse points of view expressed- I honestly believe KickAS has some of the brightest and most elonquent people around. Reading all of your posts is a treasure and a privledge. Thank you for being yourselves!

Much to think about-

Anna

Hi there,

I believe "envy of the civilized world" is a bit strong. Living in Argentina here... they can not believe everyone does not have access to medical care. They actually believe that is an advantage of living in Argentina vs States.

My last 3-4 years as Controller/Accounting Manager for billion $ company I watched as health care costs/premiums were going up over 20% each year... that is a cost that is out of control... something is broken and needs to be fixed otherwise many more will be without healthcare in next 4-5 years.

I also agree with some earlier comments... too many people with hand in cookie jar now and want there share. This is not helping costs and hindering correcting some of the issues.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
P
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
P
Quote:

Hey Jewelz,

I know a lot of drunken sailors and you just insulted them. Heheh. (thank you Mr. John McCain). Our congress has definitely gone crazy spending other people's money. Our money, and I don't think it is going to stop at healthcare.

Our health care industry is the envy of the civilized world, and there are people outside the US that are wondering why we want to change it. We are trying to fix something that isn't broken. We do have a problem with a relatively few people who don't have health insurance. They still have health care. They can go to the free clinics, hospitals, or they have to pay for it themselves. It's kind of like when I as young all those many many many years ago. If you went to the Dr. you paid him/her (most of the time him). Of course the Dr would also, on occasion, come to our house to see us too. Oh well, times were different then but the principle remains.

We've gotten to the point where we feel entitled to the free lunch, and if we don't get it, then we feel deprived because there are others getting it. The only way to fix that is to change our attitude and become more self reliant. I don't think that will happen any time soon because I want my health care paid for too. Don't you?

Well, we certainly have the best medical treatment available in the world, but sadly the worst healthcare system. There are 40-50 million people in this country without healthcare, myself included, most of whom can't get healthcare because the insurance companies don't want to underwrite anyone who has a pre-existing injury/condition (for fear that they might actually have to pay out on a policy).

And while we can get treated at the hospital and clinics, those without insurance don't get the same "deals" on the cost of procedures that insurance companies get, thus the bill is higher and depending on the procedure, too high for most to pay; so guess who pays -- you do! That's why insurance rates keep going up, the fat cats at the top of the insurance companies keep getting richer, and more people fall through the cracks.

I do agree that life was simpler before the healthcare insurance companies took over: you got sick, you paid the local doctor a modest fee for services (or gave him a dozen eggs, lol) and that was that. But as soon as these private insurance companies got involved the prices went up, the service went down and we find ourselves where we are today.

As a nation we cannot do what you advocate: nothing. We can't afford to do nothing. Healthcare in this country is broken and it needs to be fixed. Thankfully it looks as though it will be sometime before Christmas -- what a great present.

As for Timo's wish for us to have a Canadian style system, yeah right, in our dreams, lol. Sadly, it's too drastic a change for most Americans. We'll be lucky to get a strong public option. But thanks for the kind thought and wishful thinking on our behalf. Maybe in time.

And please, dear friends, try to remember this one thing: the government is not going to be running healthcare! It's not a government takeover of healthcare. Private insurance companies will continue to provide the majority of policies, with absolutely no government interference. The only portion of the healthcare program that the government will be a part of is the public option, which is only an option! No one will be forced into the public option. It will exist to serve as a way to force private companies to keep their rates low and their service high! THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT TAKING OVER HEALTHCARE. Lol, okay, I can breathe again, I think I got my point across.

Great discussion guys. If I didn't love this country so much, I think I'd move to Canada, if only for their healthcare system (and their incredibly nice people!)

Platinum_AS_Kicker
Platinum_AS_Kicker
Can it be fixed? That depends upon who is funding your senators and congress members. Click on their name then the "Industries" tab to see who is under the influence of the health care industry...why health care reform has gone nowhere fast for decades Who owes who favors...
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/candlist.php?congno=111#

This bunny Kicks AS !
Insurance is about to break us literally but I still feel like I can't complain because my family are some of the lucky ones that can have it and it pays for my Remicade not having to pay a penny for it.

Now with Bill's last job we paid right at $600.00 a month with a $5000.00 deductible a $300.00 a year script co-pay per person and we paid $20.00 to see our Drs. that were in network (all of our Drs. were in network)

When Bill was let go we now have Cobra that THANKS to the Government we are only paying $325.00 a month for 4 months until we are eligible with insurance for the new job.

When we are eligible with the new insurance we will be paying $197.00 a week which is pretty much $800.00 a month for our insurance. We will have a $2500.00 deductible and it will be $20.00 for our Drs. and I know we will have dental insurance but not sure what it covers yet.

I also have Medicare and Tori, Ethan and I can all go to the Indian clinic for free, from Drs. to hospital stays to surgery.

We are really lucky, costing this much money sure hurts but we just can't due without insurance.

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Page 3 of 42 1 2 3 4 5 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM