Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok thanks mig I will do it tommorow thankyou.
Kevin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im more bent at the top and my neck is very affected .
Yes i do feel i have got much worse over the last year I realy notice when im walking i cant pull myself up and feel really uncomfortable its like carryig a heavy weight on my back and i cant get it off. Ive posted on main site more info of my life with AS. Kevin

L
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
I know it's kid of the wrong thing to say, bit morbid or sadistic maybe even, but I'm really enjoying reading your story. You'd better give us a happy ending though!

Lin
Hi Alan - installment #2 was fascinating - looking forward to installment #3.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
you sure you aren't totally bored yet?

more tonight if you're not.

Highlights to come

walking into a pub head about waist level. perceptive barman says.......

"Oy is there something wrong with your back!"

"Ayup Spastic"
said a chambermaid at a hotel I once worked in.

and the day when AS caused me to crash my head into closing metal shutter and then to become trapped benesath it.

Yet another scar.............

but only if you aren't bored

M
mig Offline
M
Bored? No way! We are waiting for the third instalment!

Keep writing please!

Can't wait - all I can say is TG you have a sense of humour.

Wendy

Rheumatoid Arthritis
Methotrexate, Celebrex, Plaquenil
I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I

Errr where was I now..........oh yes rescuing Norman Wisdom who had locked himself out of his car (a white Rover) when he did a show at the theatre royal Nottingham......oh happy days, yes, I remember saying to him,hey Norm, what a lovely day for pouring custard down your mother in laws knickers(Panties for the westerners) you'll go far he said but failing to diguise a cynical sneer, yes I said................anyway........

AS for me certainly between the ages of 21 to 35 was a living hell. Pain was ever present, fusion was well under way, following the classic course; starting at the coccyx and steadily creeping up the spine. I rarely went to the doctor or the hospital because medications were unhelpful. I was over the years prescribed variously, Phenylbutazone, co-codamol, Distal Gesic (c0=Proxamol) Indomethacin, Mobic, Arthrotec, Diclofenac,Voltarol (voltaren-Sorry John),Brufen. Ibroprofen, and god knows how much more. None worked, but then how would I know if they did? Perhaps they did, perhaps the pain could have been even worse without them?. It seemed unlikely because it felt as bad as it could be. One of my wives had to fetch me from work one day, the boss had summoned her to appear, and to collect the grim staff member whose screaming was driving away his clientele. I cried all the way home, all afternoon, all night, not because I am weak, or to use a Nottingham word, (Mardy)but because I hurt so much for so long and cound not envisage an end to it, ever. And yes I did, thought about it, how, when, would I be able to do it? Anything to escape this
b a s t a r d of an illness.......sorry...........Anyway I didn't, like all ASer's, somehow and from somewhere you find the will to go for another day, and another and another.

That night i walked the estate for hours, anything to try to walk it off, or try to forget about it and actually about 4 in the morning it began to ease.

My son was born soon after this, my wife left me shortly after that! You can't keep bringing all these women home she said.......awww I said, it's not fair, why not.........and she too, cynically sneered an was gone.I next saw Chris (My son) 20 years later, and like his father, super good looking intellectual, and fears of AS though not yet confirmed, he has some slight indications, so we pray that he will escape it.

Work was difficult. Depressed about losing the police job, no other work seemed appealing. In all my lif I have only ever wanted 2 things

1. To be a policeman, and I wasn't

2. Not to have AS, and I had.

What to do, how to make purposefulness from this mess.

I only had one other minor skill, music, and it was music that saved me........

tune in next week for episode 4 of this thrilling trilogy! When Alan meets Angelmom, Angelmom is bowled over and thratens to leave Bill..........dum, de dum dum.arghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited by mig; 06/11/09 10:37 PM.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Alan i can relate to every thing your saying .Its like having a double.What happens to me next.
Kevin

I
Titanium_AS_Kicker
Titanium_AS_Kicker
I
Hi Kevin, well you get the girl actusally.....the ugly one, i get the other one...lol and she's a bloke.........tell me about this surgery refusal, are you buggered at lumbar or higher.

I have a great doc whose only concern about putting me forward for it, was my age, I was 44 then. The surgery as Brad, John Cheerful and others will tell you , is extremely stressful, age makes it moreso. I said to my doc I will quote the patient charter at you if you dont but he is a terrific chap, saw him yesterday actually chatting to him about the canada trip, do those rods set off the airport bells he said.......noooo says i , i always hope for a clattering din but they just ler me through....anywayall i say is. explore the possibilities. It was great for me, it worked, gave me new life, but it is dangerous dangerous stuff. i wish you well with it, right then, how about swapping the ugly one for this bloke eh Kev...............lol

Page 4 of 50 1 2 3 4 5 6 49 50

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!