Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Tamara Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I DID IT!! YEAH!! Some pictures are graphic so please beware. <k

First Surgical Dressing, Then the reveal of the incsion for the first time.. One is of my face.. trying to remain calm.. LOL
And the that last few are photos of the first of many many castings.

Peace,
Tamara
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Ouch! Your outlook seems sunny despite the long healing process to come. May you make quick progress through all the stages you described. Take care!

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Tamara Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Thanks Rumble, I really am trying to look ahead with a smile. I know that better days will come.

Peace,
Tamara
Tamara Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
I know it has only been one week post op but we have found a opportunity to get away for a long weekend. My husband, my Mom and I will be heading to our Michigan Cabin for four nights. My husband can use a little R and R, My Mom loves it there and I feel it will be much easier to manage having only one floor and no stairs to contend with.. We are not taking the Dogs, mostly because the truck will be full with my equipment, Wheelchair, Shower chair, Walker and even set of crutches just in case. Here is to an uneventful trip and Happy Easter to all..
God Bless..

Peace,
Tamara
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
good luck and prayers! actually the grimace on your face gave me the chills more than the actual incision....in that expression, i could feel your feelings LOL

i really liked that paragraph you sent to your aunt.
though all the rheumies try to convince me that i have no evidence of an inflammatory disease and some are even so bold as to suggest i have no inflammation and i have to ask, then what is tendonitis and why do the
physiatrists give me cortisone in my SI, and then they concede, ok, inflammation but not an inflammatory disease.......and can't explain
the mysterious tendon injuries.......and so far i haven't had a tendon
as injured as you've described, but your description of the whole thing
gives me confidence that my fears of what could happen are not
irrational......anyway, what i'm trying to say is thanks, this is information
i can use.

but sorry you have to go through all of this, but it sounds like you're
doing as well as one could be under the circumstances,
and hopefully, you will be able to skip again! why should skipping
be something we only do in childhood!

here's to future skipping,

sue

L
Lon Offline
L
Tamara,
Please do the skipping!
We are into silly and fun things here.
I hope you dance the rest of your life.
I see the photo! wow you are a tough gal. all the best toyou.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Phew - Tamara (GULP!) You are one kind of a lassie. Hope the continued recovery and rehab goes from strength to strength.

As for skipping? Why not. Latest craze in the UK - so they said on the news this morning 'smile'. So me brave gal, here's to lots of skipping: doubles, trebbles, cross overs, speed - and all the rest! (Am now feeling exhausted 'grin'.) As for those mountain ranges, you bet - K219 here she comes...

Happy Easter - to y'all.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Tamara Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Happy Easter! The weekend was great, Today is the second post op visit. I am hoping that we have a healthy looking heal when they take the cast off. I did finish all the antibiotics. I also hope they take out the staples.
The muscle spasams have started. They are not horribily painful but not comfortalbe..I am having much more ache that before and if the leg is down for any amount of time I swell and the ache is worst.. I will talk to the doc about it. I am sure it is all a part of the healing.

Peace,
Tamara
Tamara Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
The vist went well..They did take out the staples and sutures I did not like that too much.. The incsion is healing great. the area that looked questionalbe last week looks great now. I will be in this new cast for two weeks when I see him next. On out next visit he plans moving the foot to start stretching the tendon and place the cast on at with the foot at that angle until we get ot 90 degrees.. I am not really looking forward to that I hope it does not hurt, He did say that the muscle cramps are normal and they will come and go.

Peace,
Tamara
Tamara Offline OP
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
It has been two whole weeks now.. it already seems like a month.. Stir crazy does not even express.. we have been doing a lot. we even went on an extended weekend getway last weekend and met up with some of our best friends.. But yeah.. I know it is me.. I don't sit well.. I feel like my rear end is taking the shape of my Lazy boy.. We have mastered the shower and getting in and out of the car.
I am using the wheelchair more than the walker now. My Achilles on my left leg is bad too and the Doc wants me to stay of it as much as possible b/c the hopping with the crutches and walker are not doing it any good.. So I have some exercises to work on for that ankle right now.. I am now crawling or using my butt to climb the stairs and coming down on my butt too.. b/c that was really hurting the other Achillies.
Again, the things you will need:
Crutches, Walker, Shower chair, wheelchair, a comfortable place to rest with your leg elevated, A caregiver to help you at least for the first two weeks.. It takes a while to build up the strength to get to the potty on your own.. I still need help to get into the shower. I would not trust myself alone yet. Take your pain pills even if you think you done' need it b/c the pain wil sneak up on you..
I am going to keep on keeping on here.. I Hope I don't lose my mind in the mean time.. LOL

Peace,
Tamara
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,975 hmmm
1,319,726 OMG!!!!
709,316 PARTY TIME!