Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Well, I have good news on the pet rescue end, most of the rescued animals have already been reunited with their owners, our group pulled 182 pets and all of them were in pretty good shape, thank goodness we got a cool snap right after the storm hit and we weren't battling dehydration like last time so it was a relative breeze by comparison. It was in the lower 80s during the day and upper 60s at night, during the '05 season it was unbearably hot, so it took it's toll on the poor animals. We are going to foster 50 or so animals coming out of Texas because their owners just aren't in a position to take them back right now, the families are either staying in a hotel or with family/friends and there aren't accomodations for their pets right now, so we'll take care of their babies for them until they can bring them back home. We've got a litter of puppies coming that was born a few days after the storm, I'm going to keep the momma & babies at our house, I can't wait! Puppy breath!!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
OMG! Puppies are the best. I'm so happy to hear that the pet rescuing is going so well. I always worry about the little guys.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I totally agree, Molly, puppies are just great! I can hardly wait until they get here!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
It's good to know he still needs me! He's just a go, go, goer, that it seems like he could care less about me....I know that's not true, but you know what I mean!

that's awesome about all the pets you guys rescued! I'm happy they're ok. And you're taking in puppies, i'm jealous! I LOVE puppy breath!

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
I bet Ben is all over the place, when the kids were about that age I let them play in the pots & pans while I was in the kitchen cooking, which, as you know, is just about all of the time and two of them can cook like nobody's business, you'd think it would be my girls but it's Kristen & Brandon!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
My Mom has had an upper respiratory infection since Monday and her doctor told her at her follow-up visit this morning that it's developed into pneumonia in both lungs and he's admitting her to the hospital. Mom has SLE, Systemic Lupus, and she was Dxed with Pulmonary Fibrosis a little over two years ago, at first they called it "Glass Lung Syndrome", anyway, she is on oxygen and has to do several breathing treatments a day and she has a home-health respiratory therapists that comes in three times a week for breathing exercises but because of all the mold that's everywhere from the hurricanes, she's having a really hard time. I know her blood oxygen saturation was pretty low when she went in, so he sent her to the hospital by ambulance but she's in the ER because there aren't any beds available. My sister asked one of the ER nurses how long she thought it might be and the nurse pointed out a man in the ER and told my sister that he'd had a heart attack the day before and they were still waiting on a bed for him and about 10 other patients. Mom has really been having a rough year, she has spent most of the last year in the hospital, she was permanently hospitalized at Dubuis but they had us go get her when the first hurricane, Gustav, hit. She says that she's ready to go into assisted living because she's afraid to be home alone at her house, so I started looking into places to places this morning but she will have to go to north Louisiana because all the nursing homes here are still damaged and it will take awhile to make the necessary repairs.....she can't come to our house for the same reason and the mold would just be too hard on her lungs.

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
sorry to hear about your mother.
hope you find a nice place for your mother to call home.
i can understand about the mold being bad for her.

sue

Sergeant_AS_Kicker
Sergeant_AS_Kicker
You bettah post some puppy pics!!!! Need my vicarious puppy shnookums. I SO want to adopt a pet right now. My fiance is allergic to cats, so we are considering a rabbit, a dog, or (and this is my idea) CHICKENS! I read that I am allowed up to 3 chickens in my urban backyard. How cool would that be? Very! But I'll probably start with a bunny or a rescued greyhound. Then, I'll move into the urban animal husbandry. I know the neighbors wouldn't appreciate the early morning clucking!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Thanks Sue, I was realy shocked to hear that my Mother wanted to leave her home and enter into assisted living...she definitely has enough serious health issues, having so much trouble with her Lupus to warrant it but I just can't believe that she wants to leave her house, she loves that place! I think it has something to do with losing her beloved pet, Tofu, during the evacuation. He will be so missed! Maybe she stayed in her home this long because she knew that she couldn't bring Tofu with her.

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
hi molly b,

funny you mention this. i just saw a story on our local news related to this.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=fdd010dc-e99c-4dbc-b842-c660dcccbed5

http://groups.google.com/group/citychickens

sue

PS when we lived in virginia, my husband traded a queen bee (he kept a hive of bees, and when they send you a new queen, they send two, in case one dies i guess, and he didn't want to see one "go to waste" so he asked the local "bee man" for names of anyone that could use a queen....but i digress) for fresh eggs....a variety from a variety of different kinds of chickens, they were really good, and we talked about getting chickens but never did. but apparently from that news piece, sounds pretty easy for people to do.

Page 22 of 29 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 62 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM