Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Thanks Molly, it's common here for women to hunt & fish right alongside their husbands and the men cook too, we own our own trucks, horses, boats & guns and we get upset if we break a nail or someone catches us with a messy house, I will say though that most of them won't fool with alligators or my dogs.....there are tons of people here at KA that if put in the situation would react the same way, it's been awhile back, so I don't remember the name of the post but it was a personality test of sorts and the results showed that our personalities were very similar....this is a great bunch of people in this community and I'm so glad that you found us....you fit right in, Sue was that way too...

M
mig Offline
M
Awww Michelle, 10,000 calls is gut-wrenchingly sad. I wish so much I could help to rescue their animals... wow it has been days they've been alone now and likely without clean water or food. I always wonder about the wildlife too and how they fair through these terrible hurricanes.

Molly is right on, you are a star Michelle - you are beyond cool!!!

Hugs!
mig

D
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Hi Everyone,
I just want you all to know I survived IKE. I spent Friday night with my son who lives 5 minutes from where I am here in Katy, we just got lots of rain and winds, lots of trees and fences down. Some roof problems. No water problems. My son is still without cable and Internet but we all have lights.
We have wall to wall coverage on our TV stations here. The devistation in the Galveston and some of the small surrounding small town is really bad.
I have been blessed.
Mitchelle I am so sorry for your loss. But very happy to know you and your family and dogs are alright.
I have been in the Houston area for 30 years now and we have had some hurricans, but nothing like this. Fema and the City folks are doing their best, but it is going to be a long haul. There are many that evacuated that have to be accounted for. And a lot of them will come back to nothing. They are saying now that since there are some that have not been located, they may have been washed out to sea.
One of our TV stations did a Helecopter fly over. Some were blessed and other total loss including businesses.
Any way I am really frustrated that I can't do physical labor to help out but I will do my part in giving to the Red Cross.

God bless you all,
Doreen

D
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fifth_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Just want to clarify something. When I said WE I was speaking about the Katy area. My son had no damage to his home.

Doreen

mig #310745 09/18/08 09:32 PM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Thanks Mig, you're pretty cool yourself! You're right, it's been too long for the animals, although this is a quiker response time than it was for Rita and a lot of the calls this time are for checks on livestock, I was told about 40% of the calls are for that...cats will fare better in this situation than dogs will, we've done dog rescues in the past that were two weeks in some cases and they survived. Wildlife really tends to get out of dodge ahead of the storm, that's how I can tell if the storm is really coming, you'll notice that the birds are gone...I read an article after the tsunami that hit the Sri Lanka area and they reported that they found absolutely no dead wildlife...the only dead animals that they found were domestics that couldn't escape the water due to captivity.

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 32-Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 35-Interstitial Cystitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Quote:

Thanks Sue...that's a very nice compliment, it helps my mind to stay busy, I think it helps everyone's mind, it takes the sting out of it....

i think i can understand that. i seem to have less pain on the days that i am busy at work. of course if its a lot, then work makes it worse, but if its less, keeping busy definitely is the way to go.

still, i'm not taking back what i said, so there

sue

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Doreen, I'm so glad that you're okay and I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this. I will tell you though that after Katrina there were so many unaccounted for that they feared the death toll may be as high as 10,000 but it was a little over a third of that in the end, people slowly started contacting family and friends and getting their names off the missing list...we had websites to post the names of people that we were looking for and for us to post so that people would know where we were, hopefully they'll start up something like that for yall. I'm so happy you're alright, I hope things continue to improve and God Bless!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
hi doreen,

good to see you popping up here and glad you were spared too much damage.

sue

Major_AS_Kicker
Major_AS_Kicker
Ok, yeah in that situation, it would suck to have all that stuff laying around for 7 months and then have to find a way to get rid of it. I bet that stuff smelled pleasant after a while!

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Yeah, it was pretty yucky....I carried around a jar of Vick's vapor rub and put it under my nose, I used it so much that it blistered! I was amazed at how fast the mold grew on everything inside and out! I still had the gutted frame of the first story of the house left and the mold was growing at a rate of about 6 feet a day, and outside it covered trees, fences, everything, like a blanket of snow, it was crazy! Well back to work, my house was on the way to one of the houses requesting pet rescue, so I stopped in to kiss my little Ali & Claire, that's always the high-light of my day!

Age 7- Kidney Necrosis
Age 11-Bursitis
Age 14-Costo
Age 17-Psoriasis
Age 33-Sacroilitis
Age 40-AS
Age 44-Fibro
Age 44-PsA
Age 45-MS
Age 46-Sjogrens
Age 46-Raynauds
Age 47-PF
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 113 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM