Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#298971 05/06/08 02:48 AM
B
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
B
Hi all

My dear husband George Ilott died this morning in hospital. He had Alzheimers' and had been in failing health for some weeks.

Those of you who are long time KA'ers will remember him posting as OldGeorge, and knew of his kind heart and great sense of humour. One of his few regrets was that he never was able to get to one of the KA parties.

He spent a lot of time on all the KA sites, right from the beginning and hoped that he helped by sharing his experiences. Anyone reading his posts, would understand why , when he was at work, there was a constant stream of people at his door asking 'Uh, George, could I ask you about something?'.

He knew so many people on KA, that I have to do a group email, instead of individual ones.

We will all miss him

Dorrit Ilott (Blue Northern)

Hello Dorrit,

This is very sad to hear for those of us left behind that he touched in a special way. He was such a kind and loving person here at Kickas and I remember the video/film on the story of his fathers death and how his brother had been saved. I never met him in person, but I could see from the film he was just as kind in real life as he was here at Kickas.

I will miss George, he was every bit what Kickas represents for the good.

My prayers to you and family for comfort and healing.

Tim

Veteran_AS_Kicker
Veteran_AS_Kicker
I am so sorry!

I am deaf!!! Finally dx'ed with AS after 10 years. Yes, that is my cat in the picture of me. Yes, he does look pizzed! He doesn't like being held!
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
i am new to the site this year, but i do remember the kindness in his posts. thank you for sharing this news with us. we are sorry for your loss.

sue

sue

Spondyloarthropathy, HLAB27 negative
Humira (still methylprednisone for flares, just not as often. Aleve if needed, rarely.)
LDN/zanaflex/flector patches over SI/ice
vits C, D. probiotics. hyaluronic acid. CoQ, Mg, Ca, K.
chiro
walk, bike
no dairy (casein sensitivity), limited eggs, limited yeast (bread)
Ninja_AS_Kicker
Ninja_AS_Kicker
I am so sorry I remember him ,always ready to lend a friendly ear and give kind advice.
Be proud of him that while here on earth he was a good and kind person.He is pain free now standing straight and tall in front of God.
hug,Yoly

Bent but not broken.
Yoly
G
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
Fourth_Degree_AS_Kicker
G
Dear Dorrit, I am so sorry to hear of Georges death, he will be truly missed here, He gave a lot of support to people here as well as support to the site. We should all mourn the passing of a good friend and very fine human being. Love George

SENSational_AS_Kicker
SENSational_AS_Kicker
Dear Dorrit

I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. I have missed Old George around here for some time and had been very worried that he might be ill. I hoped I was wrong and that he would pop up at some point.
He was a treasured friend to many of us. His sense of humour was outstanding. He frequently talked of you Dorrit, with such affection. You definitely meant the world to him.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family. I will miss Old George very much and can only imagine the depth of your loss.

Hugs,
Maggie

Dorrit,

I am so sorry!

I to had been missing him and hoping maybe he was just taking a break...

I can't even begin to imagine the loss you are feeling right now with the loss of your dear husband.

He was a good friend to all...and he will be greatly missed!

You and the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

AS Czar
AS Czar

Hi, Dorrit:

I'm really sorry. Just recently thinking why we had not heard from George in a long time. I will always remember him, and my thoughts and prayers are with You,

John

Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Dorrit...
I am so sorry to hear of this terrible news...
I too had been thinking of George.....hoping he'd pop in and post...
I remember what a warm welcome he gave me when I joined way back in 2001..when KA was just a wee little start chugging along. He helped me find information on an antique piano my hubby had purchased for me as a gift. He was always so kind.

The site was smaller then and George offered not only support but kind words and encouragement. I also remember how fondly he spoke of you. You were both blessed to have had each other in your lives.

My heart breaks as I write this post...he was a very special man, friend, KA member, husband and father. I will always remember him in my heart.
Much love and prayers to you and your loved ones during this difficult time.
ladyBuggie aka Angie

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella