Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21
Yes, same thing happened to me. For the first few weeks. It was like a miracle. But then plateaued, I'm only a few months in and have discovered that I was eating some starchy things that I thought weren't starchy… Like broccoli stems cooked. So it could be because of these things that my results are skewed. My advice is just ride it out doing a no starch no sugar diet for a few months, then take bone broth to prevent stomach upset and go down to carnivore and celery and salt for 2 weeks. It will probably remove the remainder of the pain so you can add things one food at a time and know what effects what. I'm new here, so keep that in mind but that's my plan smile

Diagnosed with AS 2018, MRI Sacroiliac joint: HLB27 +: uveitis
NSAIDS,
Peripheral (hands, jaw, knees)
LSD - 2018, NSD - 2019, AIP June 2018

Some nuts (not me, what I eat)
No dairy
Some egg
Some low carb fruit

"a laptop scientist and everyday researcher committed to health"
G
New_Member
New_Member
G
I have commented on here before, but thought I’d chime in again with my experience as of late. I went strict Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) combined with no sugar and low starch for a couple months. I emphasized foods that are supposed to help heal (leafy greens, onions, bone broth, fish, olive oil, etc.). I have seen such amazing results. I have been low to zero pain for about a year now. I think it’s important to focus on gut healing while you are NSD, otherwise you will continue to suffer with every accidental ingestion of starch. I also took some supplements recommended to me including Glutamine, fish oil, fermented cod liver oil, vitamin D, etc.

M
Lurker
Lurker
M
Hi gilliganjo and others smile

I recently joined the forum and I’m a breastfeeding mother looking for tips on trying the NSD without affecting supply. I wondered if others here in the forum might have ideas and experience to share ? . I have yet to be diagnosed w AS but I have undifferentiated arthritis. The past couple years I’ve mostly been gluten free, dairy-free and recently cut out nightshades and it’s made a difference. I have been on NSAIDs the past couple years ( a bit delinquent tbh, pushing past pain for fear that it could be affecting safe conception and pregnancy) and now have a lovely 5 month old. I also have osteophytes/bones spurs in my feet and neck based on my recent X-ray. I don’t have lower back pains. But neck, shoulder, ankle, knee. Not on both sides of the body. I’m still quite mobile and currently take 400mg a day ibuprofen but I’m wanting to heal fully and I’m also worried about the bone degeneration frown Thanks for reading.

Page 21 of 21 1 2 19 20 21

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)