Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 50 1 2 48 49 50
ironchef
ironchef
hey,

i just want to know does the gouvenour general of the canadian provinces go to florida in may and
demand the return of lord stanley's cup....or did the us win it fair and square...i'm sure we could find
a shelf in the smithsonian for it...such a pity; they don't play hoockey anymore.

poor maggie, this was the SENSationals year.
best
aB

SENSational_AS_Kicker
SENSational_AS_Kicker
Hi Ben

I don't know if it was to be the Sens' year. They went and fired the coach, even though I told them not to
I don't think the winning team holds on to the REAL cup. I could be wrong but I think the real Stanley cup is in the Hockey Hall of Fame in - where else - the big TO.

Take Care
Maggie

Hey Maggie,

I wonder about that...I think you're right, although the team definitely gets to keep the "real" Cup right after the playoffs, as each player and coach gets a turn with it for a few days. Of couse, being a hockey fan, I'm sure you've heard many of the legendary stories about various abuses the poor Cup has suffered on these excursions--dents, dings, babies' bare bottoms sitting in the bowl while it is used as a tub, accidentally being left at bars, many visits to strip clubs in recent years. The list goes on and on!

I never thought about the fact that the Tampa Bay Lightning(!!!) might be the last team to win the Cup as we know it today. I swear, the way both sides are acting in this dispute, and the way the fans haven't even seemed to notice, makes me fear that the NHL as we knew it is done and gone. I heard over the weekend from a friend of mine who knows people in the Red Wings organization that the player's association is telling players that if there ends up being no season this year, as there obviously won't be, that they should plan on there being no season next year also and make appropriate financial arrangements. If the NHL is gone for two full years, it will be gone forever. There will certainly be another league to take its place, but I can't believe the arrogance and stupidity of all involved in this dispute. Can't they realize that, other than the diehard fans, people just don't care about hockey the way the do the other major sports? That, in the US anyhow, hockey really can't even be called a "major" sport anymore, as NASCAR is clearly more popular and should be thought of as the "fourth major."?

I have never seen a group of athletes and owners be so absolutely suicidal as the hockey folks are being right now. When baseball lost the World Series, it took a LONG time for the fans to come back, and that is supposedly the U.S. national pasttime (although in reality, football passed baseball a long time ago). People are realizing they can get along just fine without pro hockey, and I think the folks involved in this fiasco are in for a rude awakening if (not when) they come back. I know here in Michigan anyhow (much like in Canada), there is plenty of hockey for folks who love the game--great teams at the University of Michigan and Michigan State, as well as very competitive teams at schools like Ferris State and Lake Superior State; plenty of minor league hockey in almost every Michigan city of any note, not to mention Sarnia, Windsor, and Sault St. Marie; junior hockey; travel hockey, even high school hockey--many hockey fans are learning that these options are often more exciting than the pro game anyhow.

I just shake my head every time I hear another story about how the two sides aren't even talking. It's just sad.

Brad

He who has a 'why' to live can bear with almost any 'how'.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

Sounds like everything takes time, discipline, and patience, and those are seven things I don't have.
--Jon Dore

SENSational_AS_Kicker
SENSational_AS_Kicker
Hi Brad

Well I think that in Canada, many people care very much about hockey. They are finding other leagues to watch right now ( as we have ) but I think that, for many, none of these are as exciting as the NHL. However, I think that even the most "die hard " fans find the NHL salaries are completely ludicrous - to the point where they may even settle for watching different leagues rather than see those high salaries continue.

Gosh I hope the cup is safe and sound.

Maggie

Gold AS Kicker
Gold AS Kicker
Hi Maggie

In reply to:

Well I think that in Canada, many people care very much about hockey

I think that's a bit of a understatement seeing as this thread has been active for more than 15 months, the pages eagerly read 10,895 times and, if you are using the default, is 50 pages long! Canadians don't just care about hockey, they foam at the mouth when they simply hear the word hockey. I thought us Americans were crazy about football...and we are...but you guys have taken crazy way beyond the defined limits! All this for a game that even the cameramen can't keep up with.

(goes away, scratching his head)

"In the game of life, nothing is less important than the
score at half time." --Anon.

Pete

[color:"green"] "Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"[/color]

- Lt. Frank Drebin

Page 50 of 50 1 2 48 49 50

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!