Oxygen Chambers - Has anyone tried them?

Posted by: sexyAS

Oxygen Chambers - Has anyone tried them? - 11/23/18 10:41 AM

Has anyone tried to include oxygen or Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) to their treatment schedule for ankylosing spondylitis?

I do weight training and cardio at the gym. The irony is the fact that breaking microfibers in your muscles when you lift weight will create inflammation. You can't avoid the production of inflammation.

I had the idea of doing the Hyperbaric oxygen therapy once per week to help improve healing time and reduce some inflammation on the body from lifting weights.

I did a session today at the gym. I am finding myself easily fatigued. I desire a nap instead of working my job today.
Posted by: Cymro

Re: Oxygen Chambers - Has anyone tried them? - 11/25/18 06:35 AM

Interesting please let us know how you get on
Posted by: sexyAS

Re: Oxygen Chambers - Has anyone tried them? - 11/28/18 06:11 PM

I'm on a waiting list for the free appointments. tongue4
Keep you updated when I find out. It could be another month or two as the hospital takes priority.

I go for my next MRI next week to see if progression has stopped since the person that attacked me. I got Ankylosing Spondylitis within the year after someone that attacked me by putting a bottle of saliva and poison down my throat (whom also had AS). I have no family history of AS and a very well studied genetic background. I strongly believe the gut and GI Tract trigger this or the knocking out of the immune system.

I am on my second MRI. It was found quickly because I knew what to look for. I'm very early on with AS with no back-pain or obvious issue. I simply knew because the MRI showed it.
Posted by: Robin_H

Re: Oxygen Chambers - Has anyone tried them? - 12/30/18 11:26 PM

I'm following.