How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried?

Posted by: iamhealth123

How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 03/06/19 09:16 PM

Right now I can handle about a cup full of blueberries a day or 3-4 grapes or blackberries or a few small apple slices. Anything more causes pain. No dried fruit for me. Anyone else?
Posted by: Dotyisle

Re: How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 04/30/19 10:31 AM

This is probably a personal question where you are at with gut health.

There were times I struggled with candida and I could not eat any sugars (fruits). When gut healthy (has to do a lot with probiotic supplements) I can regularly eat fruit without issue.

I eat raisins each day... several handfuls. Also enjoy grapes here in Argentina in our summer.

Regards,

Tim
Posted by: Cymro

Re: How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 05/01/19 05:10 AM

I doubt very much if eating fruit makes any difference to your A.S. Still at least fruit is generally good for you and will do no harm and that I must admit is more than can be said for some conventional medication.
Posted by: Bazel

Re: How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 05/02/19 02:22 AM

I read some stuff about dried fruits in The Keystone Approach. I dont recall exactly, but I dont think it was recomme des for gut health improvement.
Posted by: Dotyisle

Re: How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 05/02/19 07:03 AM

If you are experiencing candida issues, then sugar is a no-no.

I do not think fruit (natural sugar) if not overdone is an issue... raisins do have a lot of sugar, so moderation is best.

I avoid sugar and sugar replacements and never add to food. Also avoid fruit juices and soda. If at a restaurant will get a licuado (with water) or small fruit juice if tired of water.. but that is 1-2 times a month.

Tim
Posted by: iamhealth123

Re: How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 05/03/19 08:32 PM

Thanks for your input. I’m new on this diet and can handle about one cup of fruit a every two days or so. No sweet fruits
Posted by: Kellybells

Re: How much fruit per day can you handle? Dried? - 06/01/19 10:16 AM

Fruit is tricky! Amount of starch depends on ripeness (think green banana vs. yellow with black spots banana).

These days I can eat pretty much any fruit, and do so in large quantitiess. When I was starting out, I was limited not by how much but by what.

Good: blueberries, frozen cherries, mango, pineapple, strawberries, lemon, melon

No go: apples, oranges, grapes, grapefruit, raisins, dates, dried apricot

Ripeness is the biggest factor, even for the 'good' fruits. The most reliable are the ones you can ripen on your counter smile