Pain first is detected when eating unsafe food?

Posted by: iamhealth123

Pain first is detected when eating unsafe food? - 02/09/19 09:57 PM

Where do people usually detect pain first when eating an unsafe food? I'm having trouble tracking down what's affecting me. From what I gather, I will feel it in my mid lower back and then it will travel down to the tail bone and pelvic region over the next few days. It seems like it just sort of builds up over a few days, rather than me being able to sense a meal a few hours later. Also, for me I notice it takes 3-5 days to rid my system of whatever caused it inflammation. What's your timeline? Thanks:)
Posted by: Kellybells

Re: Pain first is detected when eating unsafe food? - 02/10/19 11:35 PM

My early warning sign is my finger joints. They are very sensitive! If I eat something starchy I will feel it there first, usually the next morning when I wake up, but sometimes same day,

I have found there is definitely an order to things, If I keep up starchy eating, next is my knees, then my hip/groin tendon, then my neck, and then finally, if i'm bad for a few weeks, my left SI joint, though I rarely let things slide that far. It's pretty predictable.
Posted by: iamhealth123

Re: Pain first is detected when eating unsafe food? - 02/11/19 02:14 PM

Great thanks! I talked to one NSD woman with AS who said the peripheral joints were the last ones to go when she was on the diet. Now that she's been on it, she'll feel it in her back when she's eaten something inflammatory/ starchy. Goes to show how different everyone is!
Posted by: Dotyisle

Re: Pain first is detected when eating unsafe food? - 04/30/19 10:14 AM

Hello there..

If I am pain free and eat an offending food, first pain I experience is typically in the low/mid back.

Tim