Kickas.org
I am a new diagnosed Anky ( hate this word right now)

Although I am sure that I have had it for at least 20 years now in a milder form, has suddenly progressed to much worse.

And if it weren't for a fluke, I wouldn't have been diagnosed last week.

It took 20 years of me complaining or just dealing with things in my body that "weren't right" and all my doctors blamed all my symptoms on stress.

Knowing that my symptoms must be related to inflammation somehow, I changed my diet in 2010 and stayed on the diet for 2.5 years. During those years, all my symptoms went away and I lost 35 pounds. This diet is really strict, only meat and veggies and some fruit and nuts.

After moving to NYC, my diet slowly changed back to the old.

I thought my body was healed and detoxed and in the last two years it had changed to a more free for all kind of diet and I was drinking wine, living life the way most americans do. Eating chips, and starch, and not much but some sugar. But not loading up on greens and not really eating the right nutrition. It was a slow progression, I me regression back to that old way of eating, but man was it good. haha. I didn't hold back. I ate ice cream, cake, whatever else.

I always knew I had inflammation problems and when I chose to follow the SCD diet as much as I could I saw great healing, but at that time I didn't realize it would be such a terrible diagnosis or I would have never gotten so off that original diet.

I am wanting to ask all of you that have great diet success stories, to see if anyone has also got a new MRI a few years into the diet to show less damage or halt of progression. Trying to decide, should I stick with the starch free diet alone and wait for some time longer, or should I try Cosentyx with diet and risk all the side effects?

HELP. I know stress is a cause of inflammation, but I am stressing over this decision.

I have read a ton of your very promising success with diet stories, thank you for these, I needed to read them something awful this morning. I am still in the waking up panicking stage.

Thank you. signed determined and nervous and scared.

Hello, kimberlyjo:

The author of our primary guide (The IBS Low-Starch Diet), Carol Sinclair, cannot even get an "official" AS diagnosis because even after many years her SIJs are fully intact. She is also B27+ of course but her diet has kept her AS from advancing and she claims to be able to still bound down the stairs.

Regret although Ebringer claims we can turn the clock back about 2 years...I needed over 20! I did not undertake the diet to avoid more skeletal damage but to avoid other complications (blindness from iritis and kidney stones).

I don't know about the biologic You are considering, but in combination with diet it should be very effective at controlling pain while diet alone can address progression.

Carol never believed that stress causes inflammation; her doctors tried that on her and she brilliantly put them in their places. But stress on a "normal" (SAD) diet can make our symptoms slightly worse with a good explanation in the gut, where it begins and ends.

HEALTH,
John
© Kickas.org