Kickas.org
Posted By: Bax1 Juice fasting - 12/18/13 02:06 PM
Have any of you tried juice fasting. If so how did work out for you? do you have any good recipes? I am thing about giving it a go.
Posted By: bettyrawker Re: Juice fasting - 12/18/13 08:56 PM
14 days of green juice fasting changed my life. It was truly an incredible experience for me.

I wrote about it in detail here: http://bettyrawker.com/2012/04/04/juice-fasting/

Also, just use the search feature to the left on kickas to search the many many threads where we have talked about juice fasting in the past couple years.

Wish you all the best!!
Posted By: ValsMum Re: Juice fasting - 12/20/13 09:46 PM
I feel so much better when I juice fast. Freshly squeezed juices make a big difference. It knocks out a flare too.

However, if you eat a lot of sweets or caffeine the first three can be rough while you detox. However, if you eat well, you should feel less inflammation and thus feel better than usual.
Posted By: Bax1 Re: Juice fasting - 12/23/13 04:30 AM
Thanks for the info yall. I appreciate it.
Posted By: Bax1 Re: Juice fasting - 12/31/13 02:41 PM
What about the starches in these juices. I just made a juice that included apples celery lime. Others that included carrots. When tested with iodine they test starchy. It seems if you want to juice it's just gonna have to be leafy greens which is not to appealing.
Posted By: Barber Re: Juice fasting - 01/12/14 05:59 AM
Apples - 2 medium (3" dia) 364g
Celery - 3 stalk, large (11"-12" long) 192g
Orange (peeled) - 1 fruit (2-5/8" dia) 131g
Pears - 2 medium 356g
Sweet Potato - 1 sweetpotato, 5" long 130g
Posted By: marion333 Re: Juice fasting - 01/12/14 10:07 AM
Things like carrots, sweet potato, beetroot… are starchy.
For fruit, try and buy them as ripe as you can, but some apples & pears can be starchy, try and get your fruit from farmer's market rather than supermarket, you'll probably have better chance.
Posted By: bettyrawker Re: Juice fasting - 01/12/14 06:13 PM
I always do great when juicing slightly starchy stuff like beet roots, raw carrots, apples, and then also like celery, cucumber, greens, lemon, lime, pears, pineapple, all berries, grapefruit.

With juicing most of the starchy fiber is removed, so there really isn't anything left for the bad guys to feed on, in my opinion.

I would personally steer very clear of sweet potato though.

Best of luck!
Posted By: BCGoose73 Re: Juice fasting - 03/04/14 02:50 AM
Betty, I've started juicing as well and hope to get the same results as you! I eased into it by first replacing dinner with a veggie juice and then launched into full reboot four days ago. So far I have experienced the same exhaustion as you described after the third day, as well as the ghost pains from every corner of my body. Last night felt almost like a full-on flare, luckily only lasted a few hours. My question is, how long before you started to feel the inflammation settle down and generally reducing? As a side note, did you happen to reduce weight while fasting? Although I'm juicing it feels like I'm gaining, which is a bit odd. Thanks for your inspiring posts!
Posted By: bettyrawker Re: Juice fasting - 03/04/14 07:54 AM
Hi!

By Day 4 I felt a huge burst of energy, and that is really common that by Day 3 or 4 you start to come out of the heavy fatigue that sets in at the beginning, and at least by the end of one week most feel a drastic difference. I recall day 9 was the day I felt the total breakthrough. I was also eating a really clean diet before juicing though, had already been eating a refined sugar free, dairy free, grain free diet, and also was 5 or 6 months into going no starch also.

Check out this detailed post by Farmer K, as she and her husband were doing a smoothie/juice fast at the same time as I was 2 years ago: http://farmerkskitchen.com/ks-reboot/

As far as weight, can't remember, think I was down 8 pounds by the end, (but we all carry around extra pounds in food/fecal matter you know, and when you juice you really clean out your pipes).

I hope you experience positive results like so many others I have met along the way.

Though I should note that after chatting with one gal who did not have good results while juicing, I suspect it was because she was on a biologic, and if you are taking strong drugs that are designed to shut your immune system down while at the same time jumping into a juice fast to super charge it, sounds like a way to really confuse the body!

Another friend of mine just did 6 days of juicing and said after 6 days she had more energy and less pain that she has had in a really long time!

Please report back at the end of the week to let us know how you feel! Wishing you pain free days & good health!
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Juice fasting - 03/04/14 02:57 PM
Hello Betty,

Do you have a protocol somewhere for your juice fast? I have done 1 day and 3 day apple fasts... but considered juice fasts in the past. Big reason I do not is because really expensive here in Argentina.

Just curious if you have a link to your juice fast... I am thinking about it again.

Thanks,

Tim
Posted By: bettyrawker Re: Juice fasting - 03/04/14 05:39 PM
Hi Dotyisle!

I really need to put one together, all I have is the blog I wrote up 2 years ago right after I did the fast. Link to full write up is here: http://bettyrawker.com/2012/04/04/juice-fasting/

I would love to eventually put together an easier guide to follow though! What I wrote above does include a pretty good idea though of what I drank....

Some of the best things to juice: apples (can be the old "soft" ones) celery (amazing alkalizer), cucumbers, lemon, lime, handful of fresh herbs like basil, mint, cilantro, beets, grapes, all greens & lettuces (chard, kale, spinach, romaine, dandelion). It is a great way to use up older produce lying around too. I use a $10 nut milk bag w/ my blender to strain my juices now rather then getting out my $260 juicer. So much easier to clean up & much faster, instructions here: http://bettyrawker.com/2013/05/07/no-juicer-required/

And here I am 2 years later and I will stay that usually 2 outta 3 meals a day for me are still smoothies and juices. I LOVE them! I drink most of my meals (nut milks, fruits, veggies, greens, cacao, matcha, herbs) throughout the day, then prepare a larger meal in the evening when my husband comes home, and I will alter it a bit to have at least part of whatever I make starch free for me too! Often times a raw side salad, or even a stew, grilled fish, or I just snack on veggies and vegan macadamia "cheese".

I found so much health and happiness in blending and juicing my fresh foods, which makes them "pre-digested" and easily assimilated by the body. I don't feel restricted in the slighted either, these are the foods I crave!

And I do often have a stash of raw chocolates in the freezer, or a batch of starch free muffins or brownies if I need a quick bit, but mostly a smoothie girl.

xx

Posted By: BCGoose73 Re: Juice fasting - 03/04/14 06:34 PM
Thanks for clarifying and for the blender tip! The juicing itself is quite the exercise. I will report at the end of the week smile
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Juice fasting - 03/05/14 07:19 PM
Thanks Betty

I like the blender idea... had seen you post that before as well.

Best,

Tim
© Kickas.org