Kickas.org
Posted By: dean Nutritional yeast - 02/21/06 11:19 AM
I would like to ask your opinion about if nutritional yeast is good or bad for your AS? Myself I have been very well lately following a more or less starchfree diet plus taking salazopyrin in quite small dose. But last week I had an unusual bad stomach and for the first time in almost a year I had bad pain under my heels just like during my big AS+Crohn flare early last year. And it seems now the cause is the nutritional yeast I have tried lately.
Any comments? Does KP feed on nutritional yeast or what?
Take care my friends
Andreas
Posted By: wishing_well Re: Nutritional yeast - 02/21/06 12:14 PM
Andreas,
The answer is YES. I have made the same observation based on Yeast based vitamin B supplements. If it is Kp feeding on it or the candida yeast that is profiting from being fed it's own building blocks I am not sure. In the past I have been warning for this on this forum. Iron supplements are another nono in my opinion and observation as it is the most common growth factor for bacteria.
Gerard
Posted By: la_monty Re: Nutritional yeast - 02/22/06 05:15 PM
Could be true, but rather than avoid iron or yeasts totally, it may be better to be more agressive and more selective in promoting kindly bacteria - to improve balance.
Posted By: wishing_well Re: Nutritional yeast - 02/24/06 09:58 AM
Hi ted,
Another note I had expected from you Ted is that while dead yeast might be harmful living yeasts are probably good for us. Living (baking) yeast is used to fight candida and is one of components of Kefir the fermentation drink.
Gerard
Posted By: dean Re: Nutritional yeast - 02/24/06 12:44 PM
Yes, I couldn't agree more with you Gerard! I drink 1/2 a litre of homemade kefir each day and couldn't start a day without those wonderful yeasts&bacteria!!!

Sometime ago I read in Sally Fallon's wonderful book that many commercial nutritional yeasts has been processed at high temperatures which causes a lot of MSG (I discovered this Xmas that I got a terrible headache from the sausages and lo and behold, they had MSG in them!) to form. So I tried another brand, light yellow and soft as they should be, hoping that my stomach would like those better, but no way. All nutritional yeasts seem to be VERY bad for me.

So, I wonder what is the problem, it is not the yeasts and not the MSG...

Best
Andreas
Posted By: dean Re: Nutritional yeast - 03/04/06 09:27 AM
I think I got it: iron rich foods and supplements are poison to me. This is probably the problem with nutritional yeast: it is very rich in iron. I also was totally knocked out this week from eating blood pudding. It seems to make sense that the common denominator is iron.
Cheers
Andreas
© Kickas.org