Fitness, Sugar, Recurrence

Posted by: EricaK

Fitness, Sugar, Recurrence - 05/27/19 02:34 PM

Hi Eveyone,

After enjoying 3 years of remission I'm feeling kind of low. Honestly this is the first time I've ever seriously considered trying a biologic.

Last year I was able to hike a 7% grade for 1.5 hours and now I'm barely able to walk 10 blocks. But... I'm walking anyhow - and doing my PT stretches for my hip. Just takes me most of the day.

If you've ever wanted to post in the KickAS FITNESS TEAM I would love the company. There were lots of us in there a few years ago, but now it's dwindled to mostly me.

Right now I'm not eating any processed foods at all. Not sure it's having any effect yet, but I'll stick with it for another few days. Just in case.

Peace and Well Wishes! Erica smile
Posted by: Dotyisle

Re: Fitness, Sugar, Recurrence - 06/05/19 07:26 AM

Hello Erica,

Hope you can feel better soon... good to hear you had 3 years of remission, hope you can return to that.

I am walking 15 minutes each morning... we drop my son off at school and then neighbor and myself in car pool walk 15 minutes from sonĀ“s school to work each morning.

Also still doing my daily stretching.. so I should be updating the exercise thread.

Best,

Tim
Posted by: Sue22

Re: Fitness, Sugar, Recurrence - 08/12/19 08:42 PM

HI smile

I'll go post over there, but I see I only pop in here every few months.

Due to diabetes, I walk quite a bit, good to do so after every meal / snack, so it's about 3 miles a day total, about 1 mile 3 times a day, after I eat.

Of course taking a biologic is an individual decision, but I can't even begin to describe the difference in my life on Humira...since June 2013.