Help are these pains related?

Posted by: lulu12

Help are these pains related? - 10/26/18 05:52 PM

I have been struggling for some time with shoulder and upper back pain. I have been working with a chiro and a PT to try to work it out. But now I am dealing with awful pains along my sides along the ribs. Extremely painful to the touch. I also am extremely tender al, along the front chest area as well. I started using a high dose of vitamin D, 10,000 units a day as well as tumeric capsules to address other issues. Now I’m wondering if my supplements through me into some kind of flare...
Posted by: DragonSlayer

Re: Help are these pains related? - 10/27/18 02:04 AM

Hello, lulu12:

Yes, these are common symptoms of costochondritis, bursitis, and general periostitis--can be very annoying. Turmeric powder is too starchy for the good effects of the curcumin to be noticed; the inflammation it causes will swamp out the anti-inflammatory properties.

Please take EVOliveOil by teaspoonful throughout the day--12X at least but especially before meals. Upon retiring borage seed oil at 5-7g will help very much. Also 4-6oz fresh wheatgrass juice on an empty stomach 3 days in a row per week can help eliminate established inflammation, but long-term nothing is as effective as diet of course.

HEALTH,
John

Re: Help are these pains related? - 10/27/18 10:07 AM

I have called all over and can’t find borage seed oil anywhere local. I think vitamin shoppe has capsules, not sure how much to take looks like they are 1000mg.
I have thought about going to the ER as the pain is awful. I just don’t want to sit there for hours on end with prob little help.
Posted by: DragonSlayer

Re: Help are these pains related? - 10/27/18 12:31 PM

Hi, lulu12:

"shoppe;" You are in Europe somewhere? In US nearly all health food stores have borage seed oil, but You might find "evening primrose," or "black currant"--main thing is to get at least 1g (prefer 2g) effective GLA; the highest concentration is in borage seed oil, so "only" 5 1000mg (~24% GLA) capsules are needed.

Better to spend hours soaking in Jacuzzi or hot sauna and contrasting with cooler waters is very good. But a flare-up like this can take a long time to abate, even under the best circumstances.

HEALTH,
John

Re: Help are these pains related? - 10/27/18 01:04 PM

Actually no I’m in the US, that is just the way the place spells it . Whole Foods had one that my husband picked up for me.

It says Borage oil 1000 mg per soft gel

240 mg omega-6 GLA per soft gel

I’m a little concerned to take too much as m not sure how my stomach will do. Also it does say to take with food...