Hello kickers... long time since checking in

Posted by: Dotyisle

Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/08/18 12:28 PM

Hello Kickers,

Quickly checking in and hope to get back here more. A lot has transpired since I was posting frequently.

Mateo will be 11 years old in Feb... may seem like he was just born not to long ago to the long time posters here. Will finish 5th grade in December... and he is bi-lingual already (English/Spanish). If anyone has dinosaur questions he probably has the answer.

I turned 50 in September... so officially over 1/2 my life AS has been a companion. My wife turns 50 in December, so I will have company in the 1/2 century club (and my brother in Aug 2019).

AS for most part is doing well, so cannot complain too much on that front.

Went to Disney for first time in my life in Orlando last Feb with family... have to say it exceeded my expectations. The show at the Magic Kingdom at night was unforgettable.

Went to the Iguazo Falls on Argentina/Brazil border in August when my mother came down.. definite must if anyone ever travels to Argentina/Brazil.

Take care Kickers

Tim
Posted by: DragonSlayer

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/09/18 01:27 PM

Hey, young Tim!

So great to see You back! Have wondered about how things are going Down Argentine Way.

Nice that Your family is able to visit and vice versa.

A lot of miles since we met for the Vegas lectures!

We seem to travel to Philippines mostly, albeit India and Singapore next month (barring the unforeseen).

Some of us are still around, but site not so active anymore--suppose what can be said already has been (LOL!).

Stay Cool, man!

John
Posted by: mulehound

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/10/18 09:35 PM

It's great to hear from you. I am happy you are doing well my friend.
ETTE
Darrel

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/11/18 08:17 PM

Thanks John

I recall the Vegas Kickas meetings fondly. Has to be approaching almost 15 years ago.

Take care and keep kicking

Tim

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/11/18 08:20 PM

Thanks Darrel

Always happy to see your posts here.

Take care and keep Kicking.

Tim
Posted by: manatee

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/11/18 10:00 PM

Hey there Tim, long time no here. I don't get here as much as I would like, but it is fun to touch base with the old crew. It is hard to believe Mateo is 11 already.
Take care
Cindy
Posted by: stevec

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/13/18 09:59 AM

Good to hear from you. Amazing how fast life passes by. Your baby is 11 years old now.

I don't post here much any more because life gets busy but seeing folks who haven't posted here in a while always makes me smile knowing they are out there battle this thing successfully
Posted by: rumble

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/15/18 12:33 AM

Great to hear from you. Sounds like you are enjoying life. Seems like you mentioned once regarding changing your profile pic to something newer. As did Stevec regarding his girls. wink Nice to see posts from both of you. I consider both of you as some of the original people at KA. Then I realize I've been here nearly 10 yrs. Where has the time gone? Thanks for checking in with your news.
Posted by: MollyC1i

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/17/18 08:48 AM

What a happy day, seeing posts from the 'old gang' - yep, been here over 14 years 'active' now, though was a silent 'lurker' for a couple of years ! As for hitting the half century...heck man, I'm on my way to the century - another 16 years and pretty much 'bingo' (help !!)
Great to hear from you Tim, and Mateo 11 years old. Where does time fly to ? Seems like yesterday that you were moving to Argentina - and glad to read that you and the family are well. hug

Let's hear more from you oldsters... roll
Posted by: Lon

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 10/27/18 09:03 PM

Hi Tim!
Nice to see you again.
Thanks for the update.

We miss you!
Lon

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 11/05/18 02:43 PM

Hello Lon,

Good to see you are still Kicking. Trying to check in and post again... missed this place.

Tim
Posted by: naj

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 11/11/18 05:00 PM

So good to hear!
Posted by: LINCinNYC

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 11/29/18 12:50 PM

Hey Tim!!!
Glad to see you posting. I have not been around as much, happy 50th birthday!!!!!
You Rock, don't ever forget!!!
Peace,
Linc

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 12/07/18 10:36 AM

Thanks Linc

Good to see you pop in, hope all is well on your end.

I know you moved on from the zoo many years ago, but I still recall some of those stories and remember when I am watching a movie or watching a show and someone works at a zoo in the show.

Best,

Tim
Posted by: Cristina

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 12/12/18 05:13 PM

Well,
I guess this is the perfect time for me to jump in and say hello!
Hi Tim! This is Cristina_in_CA....as in California!
A dear old AS buddy mentioned that an Oldtimer posted something a few months back so I wanted to come in and see what’s happening here. Tim, It is so good to talk to you! It sounds like you are doing well. I am very happy to hear that. And Mateo is 11 years old now? Unbelievable! I remember the day he was born. 💙 I was so excited for you and his mama! What a beautiful blessing for the two of you! Tim, are you on Facebook at all? That’s where I have been for the last 9-10 years now.
I’ve really missed you and I am so glad I caught you here!

There are so many people that I want to say hello to who’s names I see!
I am just trying to figure out how to work this site again and do the basics like post and reply properly. Lol!
I’ll leave it as just this for now.

♥️ Cristina

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 12/13/18 08:16 AM

hello Cristina,

Good to see you checking in! Long time since the Vegas party. Hope all is well on your end and doing well.

Mateo turns 11 in Feb... closing in on his mom height wise... probably another 1 1/2 years to catch her... he will be tall like his dad.

I am on Facebook, but rarely post anymore after a lot of negative publicity.
Posted by: Cristina

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 01/10/19 06:07 PM

Tim,

It sure has been a long time since the Vegas party! I’m so glad to hear all is going well with you and your family. All is well over here. The beginning of Winter brought a bad flare but I am doing much better.

You and your wife must be having a great time with Mateo. He is at a fun age! 11 years went by in a flash! It will be interesting to see if Mateo ends up as tall as his dad.

I got married almost 11 years ago. I have 2 stepdaughters along with my daughter and son. My daughter made me a grandma when I was 40 years old. Now I have 2 granddaughters and I turned 50 years old last April.

My AS has gotten much worse since I last saw you. I have it in every place possible. I sure didn’t see that coming! I finally found a medication that is really helping after trying 4 others. The 5th and only one to have worked is Cimzia. I’ve been taking it close to 2 years now. It helps relieve a lot of pain.

It is so good to “see” you, Tim! I am very happy you checked in and let us know how you are doing. I will be in here more often as soon as I get a new computer. It is really hard to see this place with just my iPhone. Take care and let’s talk again soon!
Posted by: wishing_well

Re: Hello kickers... long time since checking in - 01/25/19 08:45 AM

Hi Tim,
Coming back to this site very infrequently it is good to see you and others that have been around here for such a long time. I have always warm feelings when I come back here. The hope this site gave me and the health (relative) too and of course all the people to talk too of which I have met some in real life even though I live pretty far away from most of you. It is good to see you and your close ones are doing so well (Mateo eleven years pheww). Here things are going ok too. Lol: I'm married now since last time I checked in. Also I am still running and hoping to run a half marathon in March.
Best to you,
Gerard