Kickas.org
Posted By: AJ_FUSED THE ULTIMATE REBUILD - 05/27/18 04:47 AM
Hi everyone,
AS totally destroyed my life, a year ago I was completely deformed & disabled. My spine was fused, curved & I also had chin on chest deformity + I was unfit & fat. I thought my life was over, I hid away from the world because I was so embarrassed with how i looked. I had zero confidence, zero self esteem & I had lost my personality, sense of humor & everything that made me who I once was....it had destroyed my soul & I was living in a PERPETUAL CYCLE OF MISERY.

1 year later.....

I've had 2 massive spinal corrective surgeries, 1st on my neck & the 2nd on my lower thoracic (middle of my spine). I went from 5ft3 to 6ft & can stand up almost straight again. I'm fit & strong, bodybuilding everyday. Whoever that pathetic person was who took over my life for nearly 10yrs is gone.....I've become myself again.
Everybody I see tells me I look totally normal, however I still have a deformity at the very top of my spine (upper thoracic)....this curve stops me from standing up completely straight & efforts my ability to stick my chest out & have my head up in a true good looking posture. therefore I begged my surgeon to do 1 more surgery to give me the posture I want.

I'm having the 3rd corrective surgery on the 27th June 2018, which will complete an epic trilogy within 1 year & hopefully give me the posture i desire & I can then begin my new journey & my 2nd chance at life.....blessed.

NEVER LOSE HOPE, NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Ant:)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: THE ULTIMATE REBUILD - 05/27/18 09:28 AM
Congratulations AJ you and the surgeons have done very well. I myself had similar surgery in the early 1980s. This was in the U.K. but I can't seem to find where you are located wherever it is I am sure you will have as much benefit from it as I have had. "BUT" and there is alway a but with these things be very careful you now look after yourself as your spine is still in a very delicate. The benefit I had from the surgery lasted me over 20 years but then things went wrong. I am now trying to find another surgeon to re-do the original surgery but am not able to do so as they all say I am now at over 70 years of age too old to undergo such radical surgery. Enjoy your new life but just be carefull.
Posted By: Wilhelm Re: THE ULTIMATE REBUILD - 05/27/18 05:28 PM
Way to go man!

Keep on fighting.

It's pretty rare for someone to suffer from such severe disease these days.

If I'm not intruding, do you take meds?
Posted By: Robin_H Re: THE ULTIMATE REBUILD - 05/28/18 01:59 AM
That is inspiring AJ.

I concur that exercise is important. It keeps the immune system calm but strong. I used to be an exercise junkie: swam, ran, lifted weights, tennis,... I was self motivated too. I got high from it. But ironically getting an education changed my habits. Now I am a brain junkie.

Cheers! Keep your chin up!
Robin
© Kickas.org