A.S and beds, What do you find best?

Posted by: bagobones

A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/12/10 06:41 PM

Well my wife and i have decided to buy a new bed this year. What beds have served some of you well. We were thinking of a tempurpedic style, but not sure yet.
Posted by: Brandon

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/12/10 07:53 PM

Anything firm seems to help me. I have had tempurpedic and sleep number. Tempurpedic helped more but my wife likes a soft bed. A feather bed topper even causes me pain. I have to have it fairly firm and a pillow between the legs if I roll over onto my side.
Posted by: Farinelli

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/12/10 08:33 PM

I like to have a pillow under my knees if I sleep on my back!
Posted by: EricaK

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/12/10 08:39 PM

Ok, this is my perfect bed.

1st layer: A good firm mattress
2nd layer: 2" memory foam topper
3rd layer: 1.5" egg crate regular foam topper
4th layer: A puffy mattress cover
5th layer: very soft sheet

(The bed in our guest room is the same as the my own bed, and people LOVE our guest bed!)

Plus which, if you get night sweats, you can just replace the foam layer every so often for cheap.

Pillow:

I have 2, and switch off during the nights I'm uncomfortable

1. thin puffy regular pillow
2. memory foam pillow with that extra little bump for neck support.

Good luck!
Posted by: Sue22

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/13/10 12:03 AM

bed: fairly firm, but with just a bit of softness on top. so firm but a little soft.

head: thin feather pillow that supports the neck without pushing it is absolutely essential!

lay on my back, pillows under knees/legs.

laying on either side, kills my SI joint.
Posted by: saltire

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/13/10 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: EricaK

(The bed in our guest room is the same as the my own bed, and people LOVE our guest bed!)

Plus which, if you get night sweats, you can just replace the foam layer every so often for cheap.

Pillow:

I have 2, and switch off during the nights I'm uncomfortable

1. thin puffy regular pillow
2. memory foam pillow with that extra little bump for neck support.

Good luck!

1st layer: good firm mattress
2nd layer: me
3rd layer: marilyn Monroe and you're good to go
Posted by: SaraK

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 02:38 AM

I have a sleep number bed and I like it. Used to love it but over the last year or so, my couch is more comfortable. The reason I like the sllep number is because my husband and I have totally differnt numbers. However when I am in a flair, I like to be able to change my bed to something a little more comfortable. Usually softer when I am flaired. Firmer when I am not. I have a memory foam pillow that I stole from my husband a few months ago. Again, I like it but the arm of my couch is nicer to me most of the time. I think I would like my bed more if I didnt have to climb 17 stairs to get to it. Thats why I like the couch in the livingroom down stairs. =)
Posted by: Loz

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 06:27 AM

It's tricky for us ASers (as if you didn't know!) we need firm support but a soft touch for our joints, bones, tendons etc.

I've suffered with too soft a mattress pretty well forever giving me extra back ache every morning. Now we've bought something too firm! Arrrgh. Next we plan to put a mattress pad on top of the firm one - which I'm hopefull will work out to be pretty well ideal. Firm - with padding.

• Life isn't always about holding good cards, but sometimes about playing a poor hand well.
Posted by: WendyR

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 08:18 AM

That's what I have - a firm mattress with both a thin softer one on top plus a feather bed on top of that which molds itself to my shape and suppports me where I need it. For that to work it's important to shake it up regularly otherwise it can bunch up and feel hard.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 08:20 AM

I was doing that but learned in one of my RA books why that isn't a good idea - I'll try and find it this evening. It's alright for short periods I think. I'll look for the reason and post it in this thread.
Posted by: ineptwill

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 11:56 AM

Well I sleep in the shed. I often say, there's naught amiss with sleeping in a shed, no bed of course although I do have a coarse ex army blanket which in its day was good for repairing tyres; with oh yes, an old oil can as a pillow......oh yes comfort indeed......
Posted by: mig

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 02:58 PM

Lol, is the oil can pillow supposed to help ease a stiff neck Alan? You do not sleep in a shed! You don't even own a shed, so there.

smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 03:15 PM

excuse me but I do own a shed.....sort of

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 03:19 PM

Oh no you don't! It is not even a sort-of shed.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 03:27 PM

Ok ok, so the stor re-possessed it, well I thought I could afford it at the time.......

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 03:33 PM

laugh2 clot! They did not, now stop fibbing! smile

Well, I should probably tell about my bed. Thinking that I was following doctors orders, I suffered for way too many years on a dreaded evil 'firm' mattress that very nearly killed me! Then I smartened up and bought a lovely medium-firm mattress with a cosy soft pillow top and wow, it's so much better!

There you go, a bedtime story... lol!
Posted by: mom2many

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 04:06 PM

I think I like mig's story better. It has a better ending than Alan's.
Posted by: snowshoe

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 07:21 PM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best?

Without a doubt--I would prefer a bed over AS any day
(and most certainly a bed is better than a shed)
Posted by: JamesB

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 11:23 PM

Hi,
Too soft feels great to get into for the first 1/2 hour or so, but then I wake up feeling more bent over and sore than I did before I went to bed. Too hard make it difficult for me to get comfortable, especially right at first, but I also wake up sore in my tail bone, my hips, my shoulders, and the center of my back, but at least I feel and appear to be more straightened out. So over the years I figured out that an extra firm mattress with a pillow topper is the best for me. I still get the extra firmness I need, but it also cushions my most tender areas at the same time.
Posted by: Donette

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 11:42 PM

This is a strange question, but talking about beds made me think of this. Do you ever wake up and before you move, wonder for just a second if the whole AS thing was just a bad dream?? I've had it for just a couple years now and so my hopeful waking up moments are getting fewer and fewer.

OK, my randomness is over. wink

I take cyclobenzaprine to sleep. 10 to 20 mgs and now it doesn't matter if I sleep in my shed, or on my bed. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

Ha ha ha, its not really that great. At least I don't wake up 20 times a night because it hurts to hold still and it hurts to move. Now I only wake up 1 or 2 times. My bed is a pillow top, medium firm. No pillow while on my back (like sue, NOTHING can push my head forward) and a soft pillow for if I roll to my side.
Posted by: rumble

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: ineptwill
excuse me but I do own a shed.....sort of

It's a woodshed, for woodshedding (musical practice). Can't be a proper musician without a woodshed.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/14/10 11:55 PM

I wish I could have that dream, Donette.

As for beds, I love my tempurpedic. However, a nasty bout of trochanteric bursitis is affecting this love affair for the worse. The bed is a little firm for my hip's taste.

But DH has a nasty cough, which drove me into the guest room (A girl's gotta have her sleep so she can go to work-I got 3 hrs). It has a pillowtop mattress with a tempur-like topper. Hip liked it, but my back/SI joint was screaming by morning. Got a shot in that bursa today and it is pain-free for now. SI, feet and legs are very sore, though...work was very busy.

I much prefer the tempurpedic, though. Hope his cough goes away soon. Off to bed.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/15/10 02:49 AM

Tis a fact some one said
that to sleep in a bed
compares not at all at all
to the delights of a bed
in a broken down shed
which only has one wall
but the bed in the shed
with a duvet of red
can be said to be med-
ically sound for those recently wed
especially in the fall

Now my friend called fred and his mates Ned and Jed
between them could not
afford each a bed
so to my shed I asked Fred Ned and Jed
to rest on my red duvetted bed in my shed
I suppose now that of this rhyme that you are
spectacularly 'up - fed'

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/15/10 07:18 AM

crazy

Your rhyming skills appear to be unsurpassable, dear man.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/15/10 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: WendyR
I was doing that but learned in one of my RA books why that isn't a good idea - I'll try and find it this evening. It's alright for short periods I think. I'll look for the reason and post it in this thread.

i'd be curious as well, as its really the only way i can sleep. well, i've modified it a bit. was sleeping with two pillows directly under knees, bowlegged to release the stress to the trochanter area (torn tendon/ligament attachment there) and after a year of sleeping like that, developed bad hamstring tendonitis (the entheses behind the knee, attachment site at that end). the doctors / chiro / PT thought that the way i was sleeping might have contributed. so now i use two thinner pillows and put them so i have just the slightest amount of pelvic tilt and raised heels off the bed. been doing this for awhile now and so far it seems ok, but if its causing issues down the road, i'd like to be aware of that.

thanks,

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/15/10 11:47 PM

Tis a fact some one said
that to sleep in a bed
compares not at all at all
to the delights of a bed
in a broken down shed
which only has one wall
but the bed in the shed
with a duvet of red
can be said to be med-
ically sound for those recently wed
especially in the fall

Now my friend called fred and his mates Ned and Jed
between them could not
afford each a bed
so to my shed I asked Fred Ned and Jed
to rest on my red duvetted bed in my shed
I suppose now that of this rhyme that you are
spectacularly 'up - fed'

But is it a wood shed???

Very cute, you get an A for rhyming. cheerleader

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/15/10 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Sue22

was sleeping with two pillows directly under knees, bowlegged to release the stress to the trochanter area (torn tendon/ligament attachment there)

I sleep like that on my back, too. It's why my hip doesn't hurt as much (till I got the great steroid shot yesterday). Figured it by finding a relatively comfy position....just didn't know why it was comfy. Of course, it hurts my SI joint a lot, but not as much as sleeping on my side hurt my hip. It's a relative thing, you know.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/16/10 02:09 AM

lol well it was a slimy algae ridden wreck of a garage come worshop come shedf which I built with good intent and then allowed it to languish and rot, then Mig got on my case and made me do something about it, so is now a piano teaching shed and a small recording room, will ask Mig to post some pictures so the myth can now be dispelled.......oh and there is not a bed yet but i am going to get, one so I can sleep here all day, I wonder then what will mig think and what will my daughters say..............lol

Apologies for hi jacking the bed thread

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/16/10 07:39 AM

The book I was referring to is The Arthritis Helpbook by Lorig and Fries, pp 245-246.

They say ... care should be taken not to maintain this position continuously. If you have knee problems, check with your doctor before using a pillow under your knees, even for a short period, as it can cause knee contractures.

When I read this, I stopped the pillow under my knees because my RA has affected my knees.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/16/10 05:50 PM

thanks wendy, that does make sense. i know the one thing PTs have tried to make me mindful of is to not mess up one thing while compensating for something else. i hadn't thought of sleeping this way as causing problems til i had the problems with the hamstring tendons, but makes sense that our bodies should be in as neutral a position as possible when we sleep.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 01:28 AM

Bed of threads
The threads of my bed
sometimes my bed brings dread
others its just a place to rest my head
but i would not
sleep in a bed in a shed
nor a bed meant for the dead
though the day will come
when i lie on my bed
my bed of threads
and the one thing i dread
those lose threads on my bed
scratching the back of my head
not to wake in the morning
i'm in my bed
bed of threads
threads of my bed
in your piano shed
read me a rhyme
at this time
about the bed thread

Sorry all ineptwill started it...
Thank you all for the replies. Keep the bed thread alive!
Posted by: Loz

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 02:31 AM

People in the UK Midlands should probably leave a saucer of milk and cookies out in their sheds this winter, just in case an Alan has made his bed in there. Well, I didn't see Alan claim that it was his own shed that he is sleping in these days...
Posted by: Dow

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 03:07 AM

Now how did these get here?? laugh2

Alan at it:

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 08:41 AM

cheerleader laugh wink

Cripes, Never expected my bricklaying and mattress from my shed to appear on The world wide internet.....cripes

you bu gger

lolol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 09:23 AM

Wow, you must be in big trouble to have gotten kicked out of the house (again).

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 09:52 AM

worse still today, I just been kicked out of the shed too........anyone got an old floor for me to throw my aged body down upon? Seems Loz was right.......

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 04:31 PM

laugh2 Loz, that cracked me up!

Yep, you just never know where Alan might make his bed next! I know for a fact that he does like biscuits. smile

Mind you, crumbs in the bedsheets can be a big problem!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 04:40 PM

Me?!! Why, I would never "get on your case" Alan. angel3d
Quote:

...so is now a piano teaching shed and a small recording room

Minor correction: ... so is now a posh piano teaching STUDIO and a small recording room. It is official, I say, you no longer own anything that remotely resembles a shed.

Ahhh-Ha! So that's why you are not answering my calls lately -- too busy napping! laugh2

lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 04:44 PM

Kicked out?!? By whom?

No one is allowed to kick you out of your very own studio. (Was it Rufus?) Gosh Alan, where will you sleep? smile

Awww well I have a spare floor over here. Is a long way across the pond though.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/17/10 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: saltire
Originally Posted By: EricaK

1st layer: good firm mattress
2nd layer: me
3rd layer: marilyn Monroe and you're good to go

I'm pretty sure your #3 is illegal in the states... just sayin' eek2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 02:24 AM

guess that since dow has posted some pics of my shed progress, that you could post a few more?

We could call it the former bed thread now the dread shed thread!

Bet all are sick of me and my rubbish....Actually the shed was full of rubbish..........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 12:34 PM

Well I could and I would... but I only have one's of the construction stage and not any pics of the finished studio!

The dread shed thread... laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 02:22 PM

i find you rather amussing ineptwill.. I couldn't be sick of someone with such a wonderful way with words..

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:05 PM

Thank you Bagobones. You are most tolerant. I do tend to interfere in posts and wander off topic and Mig yells at me for it! However please do forgive me for interfering with what has been a very important question and answer session on a topic close to us all, comfort in bed-which is a rare delight for we spondylitics.

I am lucky because I only sleep at weekends because I am off out with raunchy females during the week.........errr

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:07 PM

ok you, I will take some of her as she is now then all KA members will flock, starling -like, to admire me and my shed......lol

bless you all for putting up with me and especially having to put up with Mig.....
Posted by: Tinkerbell

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:09 PM

Quote:
I only sleep at weekends because I am off out with raunchy females during the week

I hope you don't take them back to that "shed bed"!!! eek laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:10 PM

oh no, what do you take me for, a cheapskate?? No it's into the back of the transit with them.......

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:14 PM

Alan, that sounds very sinister indeed! eek2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:16 PM

floor Alan can you not behave for 2 secs..!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:17 PM

lol Hi Mrs spy. Well truth is I retired from womanising in 1967. I have been a shed dwelling hermit ever since. Perversely the celibacy has afforded me the opportunity to become the worlds leading authority on sheds......

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:23 PM

LOL

I am not even going to ask what happened in 1967, however, I might believe you about the world's leading authority on sheds. Hey, you should write a new book! 'How to build a multi-purpose shed!'

smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:25 PM

That's Ms Spy btw tongue2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:25 PM

There are worse things to get into than a shed laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:26 PM

Alan's van for starters laugh2 laugh2 laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:27 PM

It always has trouble with that...Ms

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:29 PM

laugh2

Is pretty safe I think, he drives a posh convertible!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:30 PM

name dropper

lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:32 PM

LOL What name?!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/18/10 03:33 PM

Now that is much better for picking up the ladies in - phew!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/19/10 10:21 AM

shocked

Posh Convertible

Oh I wish, now would a bed in a shed be better than one in the back of the CC3

wow
Posted by: Inanna

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/19/10 12:29 PM

I have a generic memory foam mattress. It's not as soft as I like it, but not bad. Way better than the last mattress, which was an Ikea one.

Hugs,

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/19/10 03:36 PM

Do you have a shed?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/19/10 03:44 PM

Right, and now for an end to this myth of beds in sheds! Nor can I spy a single thread of a red duvet.

May I note too that there is no wood to be found - hence is not a shed at all!

And in the last -- who is that strange chap sitting there in your chair Alan! laugh2

This is a NON-shed!

smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: mig

And in the last -- who is that strange chap sitting there in your chair Alan!

That would be the dreaded 'chap-full-of-bones,' Alan. roll

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 12:47 AM

who ever he is, he looks like i feel!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 02:34 AM

lol, Mig my dear lovely girl you are a delight...lol

Ok well it used to be a shed and is lots of wood in there.

And you devil you tampering with my chair, did you put him there? Looks a bit like Dean, or is it stevec....ahhh no golf club nor breadknicves thus it can only be Sue 22 I think!!!!

A good joke Mig but can I have my chair back please....lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 02:36 AM

lol, and goes a treat with your username i think except he is a 'chairobones'...lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 02:38 AM

if only i were that thin!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 02:39 AM

Ahh well my doctor did order me to lose weight.........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 02:40 AM

lol Hi Sue, shouldn't you be a sleeping? So you are saying that the person in the chair is not you then........who can it be then, a real mystery........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Revelation..............it can only be

DOW

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 03:08 AM

lol!

yes!

and...........

yes : )

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 06:46 AM

Hey! I did no tampering! That was You dear man, so fess up.

If it was me, I'd have found it necessary to include the correct number of ribs, drawn in anatomical proportion! laugh2

Good job keeping the bed-thread alive!

Ahhh so you think tis Dow in your shed eh, well that does make sense with all that recording equipment!

lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 08:46 AM

and that bottle..........
Posted by: cemc

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 10:54 AM

Those photos can't possibly be of a shed belonging to a man - I distinctly see an upright hoover in there. No self-respecting male would have one of those anywhere near his stuff, let alone understand what they were for or how to use them.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 11:58 AM

A hoover?????????????? What's a hoover.....

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 12:40 PM

Well, it's either a dam (can I say that???) or a vacuum cleaner. Either way, I can hardly believe either would be in Alan's shed. That Mr. Bones was only posing as Alan to make it look like his shed. This must be Strutsy's or Migs!!!

Yah yah that's the ticket!

Warm hugs,

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 01:41 PM

Wow, skinny is right!

in the first photo, Alan looks so thin, all you can see is his coat!!

Some chocolate to be administered immediately, I say!! yes

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 02:46 PM

is because i am in white shirt and white trousers, just difficult to see me against the door....! you look good in a beard.......oh, welcome to the shed!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 05:27 PM

laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 05:38 PM

What bottle and what beard.. and I bet you don't even own white trousers..!

I did notice that Mr. Skellybob was not sporting a beard - so clearly was not meant as a self-portrait.

Looks like you're all set up to broadcast your very own radio show Alan.... Live from ineptwillinghamshire, it's Wednesday night!

Could be catchy! smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/20/10 06:11 PM

ah, and this also explains another thing, microphone pointing wrong direction for recording vocals while standing against the door

thanks for the beard compliment, alas that was a photo taken in 1837..

next question, is map on wall to keep track of KA members from many parts of the globe?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:32 AM

I could be a DJ..............Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I sent you a pic (Catch Dow with it when he is unsuspecting.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:35 AM

Morning Dow, well map is actually a record of our band world tour, you can see from the pins in there, where we have visited so far.

Ahhh Well say naughtbut mic is actually in 'Mig Stance' for it is the one I use when I have an occasional chat with her (not that I ever get a word in). To be honest, was cleaning up the place as perceived by CEMC the hoover, (vacumn Cleaner) spotter.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:39 AM

I do own white trousers but i work in them so they are black now. I am sure most men own a pair of black-white trousers oh (pants) as you say.

Did you get the pic and you are at the farm so how are you managing to reply??

Yes I forgot the beard oooooooooops.........errr whoever drew it, forgot the beard............cripes.....caught out Al.........rats!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 05:57 AM

ah, all the places you've been, very nice to keep track of!

And now that we have that tracked, and the Alan Shed ready to broadcast to the world your latest adventures, now Mig's Shed-Cam has gone online:

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 07:28 AM

Wow Mig's own wire-shed Show coming live from her own home. She is always trying to move abed into there it is so warm and comfortable.....

Yes Places we have been on the map

Presently though the map as yet contains no pins..........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 09:39 AM

lolol... hey, whaddya mean you never get a word in edgewise..! tongue3 Right, that's it then, next time I am going to be so quiet that you'll think my mic is on the blink..!

Hey, I spotted the beard from 1837 too, he suited it! Is suddenly a beard epidemic with you musician/recording types.

You'd make a better DJ than anyone out there, Alan! Could talk about important subjects... like the inherent contradiction of claiming to own white trousers that are black and therefore not white and sheds that are not sheds!

Yes, I got the pic laugh2 I love it! When is Dow unsuspecting...? Not now surely... so just tell me when, and up it goes.

A man that cleans - wow!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 09:42 AM

floor laugh2 a shed-cam! Well, at least my shed is a proper shed!

(except that it's an icehouse!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 09:47 AM

Was not posting from the farm but from home -- neither me nor Dad like driving in the dark (I drove on the way back), and is getting dark so early now, so had to leave pretty early.

Got everything accomplished, err except for the bedroom closet. ohwell

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 09:56 AM

floor Clearly not **live** -- it's not even winter yet Dow! Still autumn at the shed, that is also not a shed..!!

Although I admit that it looks like a shed, but mine is in need of a few renos before wiring installation... Alan has promised to come fix it for me, in the spring! Yay!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:36 PM

Did I???????????

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:43 PM

Get him with the pic..........NOW!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:55 PM

Didn't you???

I think you did!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 01:57 PM

Right then, the tell-tale evidence....!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 02:12 PM

Well, well, well, who's been sleeping in my shed then.....!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 02:45 PM

floor Clearly not **live** -- it's not even winter yet Dow! Still autumn at the shed, that is also not a shed..!!

You may need to refresh the live satellite feed occasionally

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 02:49 PM

Ha ha!!! floor

Is that my Port? Good taste indeed!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 02:53 PM

floor floor floor good job with the clone-tool, Dow!

Wow, you even got the roof...!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 03:01 PM

It sure looks like your port Dow... seems like proof to me that you have been sneaking in to Alan's studio. And partying, no less!

lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 03:13 PM

And a very expensive port too.

Quite a famous name in Port is DOW's.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 03:13 PM

floor floor floor good job with the clone-tool, Dow!

Wow, you even got the roof...!

I have NO idea what you are talking about!!! wink2

Better keep an eye on that live satellite view, you never know what could happen...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 03:15 PM

Well I have actually met this shed (icehouse) in the flesh and it needs more than me with a screwdriver.........still ice in there too!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 03:18 PM

laugh2 laugh2 laugh2 It's Alan to the rescue!

Dow that is hilarious!

no idea eh wink2 LOL

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 03:22 PM

That's true, you have met it... and yep, unfortunately it is beyond the repair of even one so capable as you. sniff sniff. I will miss it when it falls. sigh.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 04:30 PM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 04:45 PM

WOW, Way to keep the shed with a bed thread going.... YAY!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 04:58 PM

Hey no fair, Dow! Refreshed the satellite feed and lost Alan the handyman in the process! Rats, and he was almost finished.

laugh2 This nighttime one is just plain spooky lookin'!

I never venture down the marsh path at night. no

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 04:59 PM

lol, bagobones, I love your enthusiasm!

A very good thread you started..! You fit right in here! smile
Posted by: avonldy

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/21/10 08:53 PM

That last shot fits right in with the Halloween decorations I have up.
Donna

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/22/10 03:46 PM

LOL! Dow you are cracking me up with the live satellite switching around from day to nighttime. laugh2

I wonder if Alan got to see himself sneaking up on the shed with a flashlight?! His nightcap was hilarious!

smile

And Donna, I bet the kids are sure gonna love your house at Halloween!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/22/10 11:07 PM

Dow - that is absolutely brilliant. It looks as though Alan hasn't seen it yet. How did he get to Canada so fast?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 01:40 AM

Is this the silliest yet? (Don't answer that!!) grin

I'm glued to the live satellite feed, anxiously waiting to see the results of Alan tinkering about in that shed for several days now!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 05:02 AM

Well I see no sign atall of me nor a night-cap, but is a nice piano in there........
Posted by: MollyC1i

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 05:40 AM

I missed that night-time shot of Alan mit flashlight and nightcap! 'An so to bed' to coin a much published saw! (Or, is it a saw?)

(You guys aint arf doppy...<LOL>)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 08:05 AM

Ha ha ha ha ... you changed it! You should have kept that one Dow and then shown the new webcam. I guess now Alan will be forever puzzled about how many people spotted him in a nightshirt, nightcap and carrying a flashlight. It was unmistakably him.

Looks pretty comfy in the daylight webcam. But I don't see a piano.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 10:38 AM

Oh but there is, it is in the upstairs main bedroom, a lovely black Bosendorfer......oh and a piano too....I don't wear a night cap so perhaps it was someone else......Wendy, does Robin wear anything at night!!
Posted by: celticsoul7

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 10:47 AM

You guys crack me up. I am reading this while at work and its like watching a tennis match...

by the way, we have a barbecue restaurant here called 'The Shed' its pretty dilapidated looking in its adverts too. but I guess that is the charm of it. Their logo is 'get fed at the shed' so maybe you can add a nice kitchen or barbecue and you can get fed the at the shed but is not a shed but an icehouse with an upper bedroom and port in there and a vaccuum nightcap somewhere...

wow hard to keep up with!

KIrsty

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 12:42 PM

Hi Kirsty, hello from England.

Yes it is hard to keep up. Mig Dow and Wendy do hijack threads and confuse people. For myself, well I am a serious sort and like to post in a responsiblemanner.

Did you know that Mig and Dow actually do live in that icehouse? Oh yes true and Wendy is their housekeeper. She lives in the shed next to the icehouse. As for Dow, well he is a bit of a drifter, hangs his hat where he can, well as they say: Any old port in a storm!!

Mig well she is a softee and takes in waifs and strays. Dow was a hobo you know and Wendy a bag lady. Yes the goodly Miggins saved them all........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 02:05 PM

Just a nightcap nothing else.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 02:08 PM

His head must be hot stuff then...!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 02:41 PM

Yes I have a lot of bags. I have a lot of shoes as well so I'm also a shoe lady. But I hate cleaning.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 05:35 PM

Quote:
For myself, well I am a serious sort and like to post in a responsiblemanner.

floor floor floor laugh2 ...that just made me howl, Alan!

Waifs and strays, well yeah ok, I do have a soft spot and that is why I offered you a spare bit of floor over here if you needed one!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 05:40 PM

YES it is your silliest yet, Dow! clown

Wow, did Alan ever do a super-doop job on the icehouse renos!! Thank you Alan -- you're the best!! Gee, I can hardly wait to go up north again and play pool under that new chandelier!

clap

lolol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 06:29 PM

Oh yes....

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/23/10 06:35 PM

Just so you know, Kirsty - Alan is the top threadjacker. He's won awards. If you look closely at the walls of his shed you will probably see some of his threadjacking trophies.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/24/10 12:55 AM

I would have to say those trophies she speaks of literally probably are the threads off ones back. After all what else would you expect from most people living out of a shed. smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/24/10 12:25 PM

Wendy,
yeah, I got that impression heh. I didnt think the whole responsible & serious thing quite fit the posts I have read for Alan, but thats ok. Lightheartedness is a good thing. I am actually from England, born there and I live with my Dad who is an englishman, so I get the humour wink . Makes me feel at home here hehe.

Anyway, you should do open house for the shed/icehouse with panoramic views. Just make sure whoever is in there at the time is dressed, nightcap at least! No spandex or speedos!!

Oh.. I have baggage but not many bags (I just dont get the having a million purses/handbags/shoes thing... Guess I missed out on the whole girly girl gene. Me? I grew up reading comic books and playing in my dad's workshop.. although I did learn the danger's of chisels when I tried to use one once and slipped shocked , good thing I took first aid 'cause it was the first time I got to use 'Direct Pressure' on a wound hehe.

ok, back to work frown

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/24/10 12:45 PM

Oy , may I declare myself as the innocent yet injured party here........cripes, I only just happened to mention my old shed...........oh errrr.......Did I mention my shed to any of you?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/24/10 02:20 PM

Certainly you may declare it... wink

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/25/10 05:01 PM

uh, oh, looks like Alan is up to something new with that shed!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 01:42 AM

call that a hammer.....hah.....and my petite gentle head is far too small for that enormous hard hat........

Nice though, to see Mig using the shed!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 04:52 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 05:05 AM

It works!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 06:19 AM

Oh no... stop!!! He's stolen Mig's shed!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 06:35 AM

Heck - I do sooo like that shed - shame about the occupant (ducking...<LOL>)

(Clever Dow)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 03:13 PM

floor

Ahh-haaa! I knew it! But who would covet such a thing?

Alan gimme my shed back please - you thief you..!! laugh2

Oh and the poor heron.... lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 03:17 PM

Well, it would work - he is a very talented thief!

This is blatant shed-jacking..! Hmmm, why he's driven it right off my property, has he Dow? I am not sure those are even my trees! Sherwood forest?

lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 04:04 PM

Look you just carry on with your shower whilst i test drive the shed
Posted by: Steph

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 07:58 PM

haha! You're crackin' me up ova here!

I hate my bed...was great when it was new...but is too soft now. Memory foam is out because it's too hard to roll over in...it pulls you down...gravity at it's best!
Hotel beds have been the best sleeps for me lately. They usually have great pillows too. I have what I call an illusion pillow. Looks plump, fluffy, firm, yet...when you place your head on it....bam! Straight through and flat against the matress.
So I use two. An illusion pillow, and a wafer pillow.

Cheers,

Steph

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/26/10 11:04 PM

Hah, go awayfor a day or two & there is a shed-jacking... i thought there was.just thread jacking here.. i guess it goes though, the whole shed thread jacking. Cute heron, who uses the shower when he is not around could be a little nippy showering now without shed coverage..

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 12:09 AM

that heron also stolen, I mean er, borrowed from a really nice photo that Mig took:

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 01:27 AM

All stand back aghast, as 'Alan 'Threadjack' the great' thunders off in the threadshedmobile. The thread shed laden to the gunnels with stolen, borrowed, acquired and interfered with threads of all ages from all over the globe..................will the shed be returned, will it survive the journey to threadhalla, will the quickly attached wheels...................t5une in to the shed cam same time next week........goodness why did I ever mention my shed..........errrrrr
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 02:00 AM

I see Alan hasn't changed while I was away CLOT. laugh2 laugh2

Kevin

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 02:22 AM

will the shed be returned, will it survive the journey to threadhalla, will the quickly attached wheels...................

Looks like a bit of a travelling jaunt first...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 02:24 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 02:29 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 02:40 AM

roflmao that is just to much!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 05:41 AM

Stunningly funny and clever Dow, I bow to you.

By the way I have been up the CN hundreds of times and swum across lake Ontario, but wow that traffic looks scary.

Great stuff Dow. Wonder what Mig might feel about her absent wandering shed!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 08:06 AM

I'm dying here - you two are killing me with laughter. I'm in a hotel and I don't know what my neighbours are thinking - that there's something scary going on in this room. floor floor floor

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 08:20 AM

Good grief, Dow, that's far too funny!!!! Love the Shedcam!!

Warm hugs,

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 08:41 AM

laugh2 cripes, I am trying to imagine what my great great grandfather would think of his icehouse ending up so far south, pictured on the net... and being responsible for the destruction of the CN tower! LOL

Alan is quite the adventurer... hmmm but are no suspension bridges in ontario, so he's test-driven it out to BC, somehow made it to China!! and then all the way back to TO, in just under a day!

lolol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 08:52 AM

Alan I demand my shed back immediately..!!! And I am not a blue heron!!! tongue3

Ohhh and there'll be no more excuses from you sir, we are definitely going UP the tower next time you visit, my dear friend yes yes yes sans shed!!!

I shall buy you a tea at the top!
Posted by: jessxo

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 08:57 AM

Hi. I did a LOT of research and purchased a bed comparable to tempurpedic brand for much less on Amazon.com. I have found it has been a HUGE blessing and makes a big difference for me. I also don't sleep with any pillow most nights, and occassionally, I use a foam bean filled travel pillow.
Sweet Dreams!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00198LEO8/ref=oss_product
Posted by: stevec

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 10:47 AM

Recent rumour I just saw on twitter is that some odd hcaracter is modifying an ice shed for a run int this year's Daytona. Is this possible???

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 11:26 AM

Oh no!! Please no, no threadshedmobile racing in the Daytona allowed! No way it can handle the corners.

Sigh. I am never going to get my icehouse back, am I. ohwell

lol
Posted by: stevec

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 01:37 PM

I think Dow Zelig's the icehouse. Ice house in the grassy knoll. Icehouse with Chevy Chase and John Candy on roller ocaster in Vacation. Icehouse in leaugue with the Spanish Inquistion (apologies to Monty Python). At end Icehouse deservedly gets retired to Smithsonian. Clearly AALan would be at wheel for at least the Vacation rollercoaster and Spanish Inquistion moments.

BTW I only chime in here because, Dow, that whole thing gave me such a bunch of good laughs. Thanks.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 01:51 PM

Am howling over here - just too too funny Dow. Well done man - as for Alan, he'll be 'copped' if he don't stop - wonder IF he'll make it to Piccadilly...? Or, even perhaps, in a box at Coven Garden (opera House of course!)...HaHA (throwing the gauntlet down for Dow ya see - ducking!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 02:24 PM

Thank you so much for the link and posting something related to this thread!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 03:00 PM

oh sorry, but it isn'tmy fault you see....Dow started it........errr........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 03:01 PM

I have always thought, and yes oft commented on the gradeur of the CN when gazing upwards at it......from the ground........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 04:49 PM

sorry, mom2many, if the adventure continues, should it be taken somewhere else, like a separate thread?

(not that anyone can predict where Alan's shedmobile might pop up next!! tongue3 )

Posted by: Dotyisle

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 09:03 PM

Wow Dow.. great photos. That is one heavy shed to make the CNN tower tip!

Speaking of the CNN Tower.. they just showed the movie Canadian Bacon here in Argentina. Could not believe it... love the movie, especially scene with Dan Ankroid when he stops the truck and makes them put the grafiti in both "official languages"

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/27/10 09:06 PM

Hello there,

I had Select Comfort bed in the States.. some others here love the bed as well, and others not so much. I have to have firm, but not too firm of a bed and with being able to adjust the settings, that worked perfect for me. I generally had a 45 setting.

If beds are too firm, SIs hurt in morning.

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/28/10 02:19 AM

Am not sure from this picture whether I am headed down under to meet some Aussies, or in vertical mode in an attempt to replace Neil Amstrongs flag with the KA one, after all, we got to the moon first............

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/28/10 09:13 AM

Tim, that is one of my favorite movies ever!! Laugh my butt off every time I see it. Only a bunch of Canadians could ever make fun of Canadian sensibilities in quite that way. laugh2

That bit about blowing up the Canadian National Tower confused the hell out of me at first. "Where the heck is the Canadian National Tower anyway???!" I said to myself. Then it occurred to me that it was the CN Tower (CN stands for Canadian National, as in Railroad laugh2)!!

Warm hugs,

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/28/10 03:42 PM

Well, Dow, I'm not a moderator, and I found the hijack quite hilarious. I just wanted to give the poster who actually talked about beds some recognition.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/30/10 01:56 AM

Phew!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/30/10 02:20 AM

A close call Dow. Let this be a lesson to you, not to hijack threads and to keep shed discussions where they belong, in the icehouse (wherever it may be!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/30/10 02:12 PM

Hey Alan,

Actually Mig put me in charge of tracking Thread Hijackings... you hold a slim overall lead over Dow of 104 hijackings to 102 now over Dow smile smile

Tim

(Just kidding if anyone actually believes we tracking)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/30/10 02:41 PM

Tim, Tim,

Theses statistics must be wrong. Perhaps mig. as usual, has fed you misinformation. I have only hi-jacked one thread, that was in 1971 and Mig fairly roasted me for it, I have been a good boy ever since........honest..!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/30/10 03:36 PM

HA! So says the master threadjacker.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 01:14 AM

Oy, don't you start. I am onnocent, the real truth is that Dow is so efficent a thread-jacker that he leaves trails of false evidence which point to me as being involved which I am not because I am a serious and considerate thoughtful poster.

Down with Dow I say.......

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 02:30 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Mollyc1i
wonder IF he'll make it to Piccadilly...?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 04:07 AM

oy I can't breathe down here!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 04:09 AM

Oy I can't breathe here with all these fumes.......and why am I in the wrong lane!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 04:23 AM

Dow is just an abbreviation for Down isn't it?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 04:26 AM

If you made it to Picadilly, obviously the shark didn't get you. Just be grateful that Mig's shed is waterproof and sharkproof.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 10:09 AM

Oh, Clever Dow. I just KNEW that you'd get him across the watery divide and up Piccadilly...

Alan - you 'are' on the correct side of the road, it's one way round thatta bit...look at the traffic, now,, run up behind the white car in front of you! Suggestion, when passing specs savers, better have time to pop in - (ducking...!!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 10:28 AM

He might have to get in the bus lane. That shed looks too wide to fit behind the white car in a regular lane. I say get in behind the buses. And hope no one flags you down for a ride.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 10:43 AM

If he gets in the bus lane, the rozzersz will be after him, and, issuing a traffic violation tickeet...not good! Shed looks to be OK behind the white car, regular lane can take a full lorry, so should be good to go.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/31/10 11:48 AM

laugh2 laugh2 laugh2

I can't believe we're discussing the driving tactics of the shed in Picadilly. Aren't we nuts? It's all Alan's fault...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 03:49 AM

oh it is so easy to blame poor oldme, and me an innocent in the whole matter. It is Mig's shed therefore logic dictates that MIG (Yay) is to blame.....oh...and DFow too. Carreful of that Bus Wendy..........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 08:27 AM

Quote:
you hold a slim overall lead over Dow of 104 hijackings to 102 now over Dow smile smile

laugh2 laugh2 Tim - you are funny!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 08:37 AM

Hey, my shed is entirely innocent Alan, wow, and apparently waterproof! Only your potty logic to blame and questionable driving skills that have you in this mess!

I can appreciate why Dow picked you for his documentary subject..! The adventures of Alan - Master carpenter/mechanic and racecarshed driver extraordinaire! smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 08:39 AM

Mig - you missed his ultimate career as a threadjacker.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 11:46 AM

laugh

Oy oy oy oh and am nearly a PA too so there...........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 12:21 PM

PA?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 12:39 PM

Is a secret between Migalot and me but yes and she is nealry a PA too.....ahaaaaaaaaaaa

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 01:26 PM

Now you've got me guessing.

Program administrator?
Personal assistant?
Professional amplifier?
Paid aggressor?
Paternal aunt?
Physician assistant?
Production assistant?
Public address [system]?
Pamela Anderson?
Passive aggressive?
Parental advisory?
Prince Albert?
Per annum?
Playboy agent?
Perennial aster?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 01:29 PM

Got it... professional artist???????

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 01:31 PM

Robin disagrees with me - as a good Englishman he declares you must be a p!ss artist.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 02:48 PM

floor floor floor floor floor floor
Nice one Robin got it right.

Thanks for making me laugh.

Kevin

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 02:50 PM

Uh oh... blush2 .. oh dear, err, I am sure that I am supposed to know this ohwell but PA PA PA what is it??? I don't know or have plum forgotten! Sorry Alan!!

But I remembered "try square" does that count??? smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 03:09 PM

Thought you'd like that, Kevin! laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 03:27 PM

Alan in his shedmobile has now made it all the way to the Sahara Dessert!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 03:50 PM

LOL! Love the mirage!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 03:56 PM

Perfect Alan

Proper a**ho........err

perfectly apt

Published Author

Pernickety always

plentifully andsome

pretty awesome

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 03:57 PM

The fruit salad is concerned that he must be halucinating seeing a shed in the de'ss'ert

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 04:08 PM

Yummy! Save some of that Sahara for us, Alan. tongue2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 04:09 PM

ahhhhhhhh, lol, I just figured it out! smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 04:13 PM

Are you going to tell us? Are any of my guesses right?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 04:38 PM

no and no

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 05:27 PM

Um, apparently I'm not supposed to say Wendy, but I think you already know ... like me, you've been encouraging him to do this for a long while!
Click to reveal..
Published Author..! cheerleader

(But shhh, you didn't hear this from me!) angel3d

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/01/10 07:11 PM

Brilliant! I'll keep very quiet about it. wink

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/02/10 02:44 AM

Published Author!!!

Do tell! Where has he been published?

The Inept Gazette?

The London (Full-Length Extra-Tall) Mirror?

Car & Shed Driver? (I'm already a subscriber, of course!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/02/10 08:08 AM

Well, his key word was 'nearly', so not yet..... but YES Dow, that it!! Coming soon in the next issue of The London (Full-Length Extra-Tall) Mirror edition... laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/02/10 06:36 PM

clap

My next guess was going to be: The Alantic Monthly

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 02:32 AM

Actually in one of Englands more scurrilous publications, in which sad to say I am much maligned.

Accused of shed theft, I am, and misappropriation of an ice house (I stayed cool under questioning) not to mention the neighbours car which formerly had 4 wheels.......

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 08:11 AM

Were they hippies? (The neighbours I mean.) They appear to have had pink nuts to hold their wheels on??????

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 10:00 AM

Pink nuts!!!

aghast!!!

Here is a closer look at the wheel hubs:

Do expect that having four British union jacks at the center of his wheel hubs, would be most helpful in his legal defense should there be an extended trial in his home country!

I can see the London Mirror headline now:

"Artful Dodger Pirates Alleged Shed in The Bed Thread!!"

Of course, the photographic evidence is undeniable...absolute proof of scurrilous activities...

But do think that if he eventually manages to return the Shedmobile with not too many horrendous scrapes and scratches to anywhere in the general vicinity of Mig's property, (the continent of North America might suffice) that might reduce his lengthy prison sentence somewhat, or at least restore his once-a-month soggy pudding privileges

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 12:15 PM

Meanwhile, in the jungles of Borneo...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 12:29 PM

Uh oh!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 12:57 PM

What a terrible time for the satellite feed to go on the fritz!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 03:29 PM

Are there Anaconda's in Borneo? If there are, are they ground dwelling? I am concerned re: The sheds Anacondaproofness and general grim snake permeability?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 03:31 PM

Well I know that the husband had pink nuts, he often boasted of them....!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 03:55 PM

I think so, yes, anacondas a very real possibility in those jungle waters, avoid if possible.... yes

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 05:57 PM

ACK!! My poor icehouse! eek

Save it Dow, save it - don't let it crash land please!!

Alan, quick, put on a helmet..!

lol you guys are a riot.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 05:58 PM

Quote:
I am concerned re: The sheds Anacondaproofness and general grim snake permeability?

laugh2 laugh2 laugh2 floor

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 06:10 PM

Doing the best I can to get the satellite feed video back, we've got our best people working on it, hope Alan and the icehouse are okay....

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 06:22 PM

Oh, I do hope the icehouse is okay.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 06:34 PM

Hooray!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 07:02 PM

Wow - Alan - you owe your life to that giraffe.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 09:41 PM

Alan...

Do you have your camera... that would be quite a picture with the gorgeous water falls in the back.

I also thought the manuscript everyone was talking that soon would be published was your round the world tour in the Shed. Quite a fascinating trip if you ask me.

Would you owe Mig any royalties for use of shed... or do you have free round the world tour offer.

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/03/10 10:53 PM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 12:04 PM

Hooray! The shed is saved.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 02:59 PM

Giraffe was sticking its neck out, interfering like that?!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 03:06 PM

floor Thanks shorty -- is too hilarious Dow!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 03:06 PM

You should be grateful for Mr. Giraffe, Alan - he saved you!! And my icehouse!! smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 03:09 PM

yes Oh yes, I expect that I am due oodles on royalties, Tim!

yay!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Dotyisle
Alan...

Do you have your camera... that would be quite a picture with the gorgeous water falls in the back.

Hey Tim, the "real" waterfalls in that picture is actually closer to your neighborhood in South America, that's Kaieteur Falls, 5X taller than that shrimpy Niagara Falls!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 09:09 PM

Shrimpy! Pah! Oh sure, if you're merely comparing height.

width
Kaieteur = 113 meters
Niagara = 1203 meters..!

flow rate
Kaieteur = 23,400 cu ft/s or 663 m/s
Niagara = 64,750 cu ft/s or 1833 m/s..! smile

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/04/10 11:13 PM

1203 meters wide, do not be so easily tricked by such deceitful and falsified hoodwinkery!

I measured it myself, Niagara Falls is only about two feet wide!!!

(actual picture at the Canada side of the Falls, NO photoshoppery involved!! laugh2 )

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 01:58 AM

These clearly are not real, normal, everyday feet........Hodwinkery indeed...who on earth could possibly want to own such a grim pair of plates?

(Trust Mig to get all factual!_She can be very odd when water is mentioned, especially Canadian water!)

I take it that the shed survived Borneo then but sadly now sits at the bottom of the niagara gorge river..........Was it insured Mig?

Borneoese scientists are talking and fussing about a recent phenomena in their very famous jungle, no not the wild man of Borneo (Soon to be re-classified as "The wild Dow formerly of Borneo) no, the reported sighting of an African Giraffe lurking in a place where it isnt..............

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 02:31 AM

I take it that the shed survived Borneo then but sadly now sits at the bottom of the niagara gorge river..........Was it insured Mig?

Niagara was different adventure, that was the one where my friend Nigel plummetted from the top to the bottom of the Falls floating on just a pool raft, totally different!!!
(okay maybe some teeny-tiny similarities to this one..)

according to radar reports, ShedMobile does still seem to be travelling the globe in a rather easterly fashion, having started in Canada, crossed the Atlantic underwater, London, the Sahara Dessert, African jungle, uh not sure what comes next, where is that map (just refreshing your memory of course, surely none of this is news to you, being the sole occupant and driver!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 09:29 AM

well yes but I dropped my map when I bumped into the CN Tower and have been driving blind ever since....

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 12:16 PM

Borneo? The anaconda was from So. America, the giraffe was from Africa. How, I am wondering how did the giraffe get to So. America?

Donna

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 12:44 PM

I think it went to get lunch and took a wrong turning! I imagine that Mrs Giraffe has called the Giraffe police by now, They are thought to be one of tallest police forces in the world and only exceeded by the Los Angeles New Keen Yankees.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 12:53 PM

well yes but I dropped my map when I bumped into the CN Tower and have been driving blind ever since....

Well that explains the lack of weight gain after encountering the scrumptious and delicious Sahara Dessert!

No mere mortal before you could ever resist after seeing that chocolate and whipped cream delight without having to at least sample a few bucketfulls yes

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: avonldy
Borneo? The anaconda was from So. America, the giraffe was from Africa. How, I am wondering how did the giraffe get to So. America?

Donna

Tectonic plate drift.....?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 02:35 PM

If the shed ever gets to Orkney then please let me know. I'll need to be on hand with some strong cables to tie it down in these winds!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 05:46 PM

Donna - Brought over in another type of shed, from whence it eventually escaped... You know, stuff happens, innit?

(Nowt ter do wiv tectonic plate drift, Dow. Plain an simple, came over in another type of shed.)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mollyc1i
(Nowt ter do wiv tectonic plate drift, Dow. Plain an simple, came over in another type of shed.)

Hmm, I think I might be getting the general ark of what you are thinking, Molly-

Or maybe I have Noah idea!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/05/10 06:50 PM

Twas 'after' der general ark. Cor, i'dunno. Noah idear ov wot yer talkin abat... Noahs nowt ter do wiv it, was anuther shed, arfter Noah, see. Was a speshil shed, an dey put dem bars acrossed der front ov it - orrid shed, it were. Mr Girarff dint loike it, so he sed tatty byes. An he scarperd. Yea!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/06/10 02:25 AM

Nawt one of those animals travelin' two by two during that big rainy season?

Rackin' my brains here, searchin' the alphabet from A to Z...

(How else might Mr. Giraffe gone from from one continent to another...)

"I", could that be, he was INCONTINENT? No, that makes littul sense, and belongs in a different KA thread anyway...

"Z", let's see, like Zee, or could it be, yes it could, maybe ZOO?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/06/10 10:30 AM

Zoo - *Bingo. clap 1cup

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/06/10 12:40 PM

Thanks Dow for the geographic lesson, had not heard of these falls.

Curious why Alan did not stop by, he was so close by cry

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/06/10 12:55 PM

Quote:
Shrimpy! Pah! Oh sure, if you're merely comparing height.

width
Kaieteur = 113 meters
Niagara = 1203 meters..!

flow rate
Kaieteur = 23,400 cu ft/s or 663 m/s
Niagara = 64,750 cu ft/s or 1833 m/s..!

Mig,

People here compare Iguazu Falls with Niagra... with this one Niagra loses. I hope to get there one day. My aunt/uncle went.... they stated Niagra does not even compare.

Pics of Iguazu Falls

Quote:
During the rainy season of November - March, the rate of flow of water going over the falls may reach 450,000 cubic feet (12,750 cubic m) per second

Quote:
These matter of fact details do nothing to describe the grandeur of the falls, the tremendous amount of water (an average of 553 cubic feet per second) thundering down 269 feet, the tropical location and the sheer beauty that led Eleanor Roosevelt to say Poor Niagara. Four times the width of Niagara Falls

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/06/10 01:52 PM

Don.t worry Mig, I have checked out these pictures which are clearly fake. This water fall is a 6 inch by 4 inch mock up used in the film

"I met her at the Falls"

Starring Johnny Weismuller and Donna Sinxalot.

The pictures even have 'Property of Columbia pictures - Keep Dry' engraved in the corner.

Yes this is a standard cinematic technique of making miniatures appear to be the real thing, I mean, look at John Wayne...he was only 4 feet 2 inches tall!

Niagara is saved
Posted by: grim3per

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/06/10 11:36 PM

bed?....i've slept in my recliner for 3 years now!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/07/10 02:48 AM

Utterly *stunning. Have seen Niagara, but Iguazu...WOW. Yep, Iguazu sure does beat Niagara - and that just from photographs. Beautiful. (Indeed: 'Poor Niagara!')

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/07/10 12:11 PM

What beautiful pictures. Hope you get to go there sometime.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 04:19 AM

wow, the bed thread isn't dead!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 05:44 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 05:45 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 08:52 AM

I can see Alan's still having fun on his world tour. He never seems to leave his window seat. Does he ever sleep or eat or respond to the call of nature?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 09:34 AM

Well, look at him Wendy. I mean, he's even got the poor ole cooly pulling him up over the flippin Wall... He could have at least got out and walked alongside. Tch. Tch!!

Poor fella must have done a great job cause next Alan is in Oz - wonder IF there is a tin man around!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 10:28 AM

bwahahahaha.....too funny.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 10:33 AM

Looks to me more like a toilet and Alans sitting on the loo looking out the window perhaps he's suffering from AL laugh2 laugh2 laugh2

Kevin

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: WendyR
I can see Alan's still having fun on his world tour. He never seems to leave his window seat. Does he ever sleep or eat or respond to the call of nature?

Maybe a tin can for the call of nature blush2....And his seat is probably a recliner, perfectly aligned to the window. Not sure about the food, maybe he got pouches from NASA. tongue3

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 11:09 AM

Glad to hear that Tim's Iguazu Falls pics were all fake miniatures, Alan laugh2 that had me worried as they are clearly prettier than Niagara's. The surrounding scenery alone is beautiful!

(And not to get all technical again, but Niagara is still the flow rate winner if outside of rainy season. tongue3 ) Ok, ok I admit, I'd rather visit the Igauzu falls too.. as long as Alan promises not to toss me over the edge..!

lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 11:13 AM

Dow! floor Oz is the funniest!!

That poor baby roo is gonna fall out of his mom's pocket!

Come on Alan - gimme my shed back please!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 12:24 PM

Well I wanted to I really did, A silly idea Dow, I said, around the world in 800 days, he said, oh I thought; that will be nice. Posh hotels, fancy aircraft trains and splendid boats............Ah well Al, Dow said.......Well you see the ruth is that funds are a little low at the moment, I am though expecting a cheque! In the meantime though I can get a shed cheap! Well very cheap indeed as I am going to purloin it. I have some spare wheels so can customise it.

The Shedoo, the shedmobile, the shedsled. Call it what you will it will serve us well...........I was very concerned by now and well, the term "Us" was springing far too readily to Dow's lips! anyway................... Hiya Bruce and Sheila..........

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 01:35 PM

(Oz upside-down version for viewing in the Northern Hemisphere)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 01:44 PM

I guess there's a lot of those shedsleds in Oz if they've bothered to make a sign warning of sheds crossing.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 04:22 PM

Thanks for updates Dow,

Should we expect a visit to Antartica... is the Shed have heaters? Does Alan like penguins? Can the WebCam broadcast from there...

so many questions... so little time...

Tim
Posted by: Tamara

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 05:15 PM

I prefer firm beds but mu must is a heated mattress pad.. It is a must to ease stiffness in the mornings all winter long..

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 06:00 PM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 11:30 PM

LOL, I walk like that! Its an angry mass of as's chasin the shed.
Run Alan run!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 11:31 PM

Sorry I'm just slightly nuts!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/08/10 11:37 PM

Those are some big penguins....almost as big as the shed. Hope the drivers on those wheels/skids are quick. And too much heat will probably make the shed sink. Mig would be unhappy if she had to go to Antarctica to get her shed back. Probably wouldn't rescue the purloiner, either, so he better be careful!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/09/10 12:09 AM

Nothing to fear from a few well-dressed penguins!

(my mom actually took that picture, unlike me, who has never even been to Europe, she was quite the world traveller!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/09/10 06:18 AM

Dow/Mig/Alan,

Does one require a special license to be able to drive a shed, such as a "commerical driver license" in the States for truck drivers.

Just curious....

Love penguins... thanks for making the stop on the cold continent Alan/DOW

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/09/10 10:20 AM

Well, let's see, I think that my Great Great Grandfather's icehouse would have actually been built prior to the invention (and certainly mass production) of the gasoline powered automobile -- thus, it never required a license! Mind you, it was never intended to be motorized.

Another reason that it should be returned to the farm immediately!!

Alan, don't you know how to work the GPS??? crazy2 Right does not mean left!! tongue2 lol

And don't tell the penguins that it's really an icehouse -- they may want to steal it!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 05:28 AM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 07:49 AM

errrrr..............is errrrrrr.... that behind me....is it....the island?????

Or am I just.............lost!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 10:37 AM

I'm howling here... so now the shed is a "convertible", Alan's stripped off (top half anyway) and there's a seagull about to poop on his head.

Lisa is going to love this...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 11:22 AM

Perhaps it is Gilligan's island...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 03:24 PM

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 03:45 PM

Looks like he's on his way north again - heading back to Canada but he's on the wrong side of the continent. When's he going to head east?

Is this thread about beds or sheds? - 11/13/10 06:07 PM

Is it still about beds? I'm confused. confused2 If not, I would like a working blueprint of an authentic Finnish sauna but with a pellet burning stove. Anyone have one?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/13/10 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Dotyisle
Perhaps it is Gilligan's island...

Nope, must have been Catalina Island. Look, he's in Hollywood, now. LOL.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:12 AM

You do realise that I haven't eaten since this journey began!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 02:17 AM

Better stop for a quick refreshing drink at Old Faithful, then!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 02:55 AM

And before heading back up to Canada, no visit to the United States could ever be considered complete without seeing THIS:

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:07 PM

Lost are you! laugh2 Alan, cripes, more stripping?!

lol... you need to eat!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:09 PM

floor Right, where is that big ball of twine anyway Dow? Are we even getting close yet?

I want my shed back...!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:12 PM

Cawker City, Kansas!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:14 PM

Oh - that's the biggest (Kansas) but a slightly smaller one is in Darwin, Minnesota, built by Frances Johnson, so I guess that's the one Alan's visiting right now!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:15 PM

Hubby did this research and keeps feeding me new information so don't trust what I've written here.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:16 PM

Ahhh... there appears to be a twine mystery. Two separate balls and never the twine shall meet!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:16 PM

He keeps saying, oh hang on there's more....

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:20 PM

The sign in the picture appears to belong to the wrong ball of twine... How did that happen? The sign is from Darwin, the picture of the ball is from Cawker City.

How did Alan manage that???

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:20 PM

Breaking news... the Cawker City ball of twine is starting to ROT...

Better get out of there, Alan, before the city blames you for the loss of their twine...

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 01:58 PM

Leave it to Wendy to challenge the veracity of a twine ball!
(I want her as my lawyer, with her on this thread, we surely Won't Get Spooled Again!)

This video that Alan's travel agent showed him when they were planning the trip (which got him sew excited!) may help unravel the mystery:

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 02:02 PM

floor Love it! laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 02:02 PM

All the talk about the ball of twine reminded me of:

weird al twine song

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 06:09 PM

Quote:
Hubby did this research and keeps feeding me new information so don't trust what I've written here.

floor Haha Wendy, those series of posts were a howl!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 08:10 PM

Are we even getting close yet?

I want my shed back...!!

Getting close!!!

Looks like he has now crossed the border back into Canada!!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
The above is for amoosement purposes only and any mooses that appear in it are not guaranteed or implied to be actual residents of Canada. All similarities or resemblance between the mooses in this photograph and the actual moose Bullwinkle are entirely unintended and coincidental. No actual endorsement of ineptwill by any mooses appearing forthwith shall be implied or infurred. (despite Mr. Alan's significant moosical abilities on the accordion)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 08:36 PM

How amoosing! laugh2

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 09:48 PM

Dow, we were apparently posting at the same time. My hat is off to you for your imbedding skills. All I could manage was the link.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/14/10 11:13 PM

Yes! yes

Weird Al fan from way back, in fact that song was where I heard about the big ball of twine! Someday...

Originally Posted By: Weird Al
"If you could go anywhere in this great big world, now
Where'd you like to go to?"
They said, "Dad...
We wanna see the biggest ball of twine in Minnesota!"

(imbedding YouTubes is a snap thanks to the newer KA software, just click on the button with the blue TV box, select "YouTube" from the pop-up, and paste the same link you copied. When you preview your post, you should see the video embedded)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/15/10 10:26 AM

Cool! Disregard the rest of this post.....LOL

(imbedding YouTubes is a snap thanks to the newer KA software, just click on the button with the blue TV box, select "YouTube" from the pop-up, and paste the same link you copied. When you preview your post, you should see the video embedded) [/quote]

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 03:45 AM

Closer!!!

(Alan and the Shedmobile are now all the way back to Toronto!)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 03:53 AM

Even closer!

(as long as he is in the city, time for a quick stop to visit Kat...)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 04:14 AM

what a wonderfully alive mind you have Dow. I think this last series certainly confirms you as Thread hi-jacker supreme champion 2010.

Well Bagobones....I hope you have learned your lesson! Fancy making a post about beds when Dow is in the vicinity...lol!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 04:37 AM

Yay!! I am so excited that you are back in T.O. finally, Alan!! cheerleader

Not sure that the plot of Kat's play requires an icehouse on stage though. laugh2 Rather a kunky obstacle for the actors to work around.

Now -- it's north to the farm (aka cottage), I hope!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 12:10 PM

REALLY, really, close now....

(Will Alan and the icehouse Shedmobile make it all the way back without more mishaps????)

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 01:39 PM

clap clap clap clap clap Yippeeeeeee!

LOL and I see there is a small white pooch floating on our river, coming for a visit too! Bonus!!! smile

Err, wait a minute, who shrunk my ice-house...! Could barely fit a few cubes in there now...lol.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 04:22 PM

Optical illusion Mig, not a case of 'drink me' or disenchantment! The shedmobile is in the distance, whereas the white pooch in poochmobile is much closer to the viewer. No, the crane is in correct perspective as well, just a case of distances...

Think Alan might have difficulty in mounting that water course, it is almost white water flowing downstream while he is trying to beat upstream against that fall of water. I dunno! Still, as he has survived many adventures, with the shedmobile intact, then perhaps he'll win out this final obstacle - don't want him down in the Davy now, do we?

Happily, in case OF a mishap, white pooch is there to the rescue! Hmmmmmm. Coastguard?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Dow
REALLY, really, close now....

(Will Alan and the icehouse Shedmobile make it all the way back without more mishaps????)

Pessimistic, maybe, but I think there is probably ONE more mishap to get into. It can't end peacefully, imo. tongue3

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 06:31 PM

This is an official complaint to the Administration to rename this thread AS & SHEDS, What do you find best? This thread in its present state is false advertising...we are led to believe the thread contains good advice about purchasing a bed, then have to wade through pages about a troll in a shed! False advertising, pain and suffering to light sensitive eyes, accepting donations for AS support (not sheds)...the charges are racking up...if this thread is not corrected, I respectfully request a full refund of my KickAS Country Club membership dues (USD$ please).

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: snowshoe
This is an official complaint to the Administration to rename this thread AS & SHEDS, What do you find best? This thread in its present state is false advertising...we are led to believe the thread contains good advice about purchasing a bed, then have to wade through pages about a troll in a shed! False advertising, pain and suffering to light sensitive eyes, accepting donations for AS support (not sheds)...the charges are racking up...if this thread is not corrected, I respectfully request a full refund of my KickAS Country Club membership dues (USD$ please).

floor

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 07:44 PM

He made it!!!

With that we put the shed to bed,
Our fearless wanderer shall now be fed.
Arctic cold and jungle not
Souvenirs from far-off spots
He's seen the world from east to west
Will new-found friends just make a mess?

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 08:10 PM

clap 1cup

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/16/10 09:37 PM

2nd picture with the snow looks more like it... the first picture with all the green in Canada does not look right for this time of the year.

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/17/10 02:23 AM

Well of course I blame Bagobones......lol what a great thread and what great people all. You are a bit of an international glee club. Makes me glad I have AS! Well to know you all is sort of compensation for AS.

Cup goes to Dow and his remarkable mind..............And now I am home safe.......well...........is a small issue there. The icehouse is Canadian, I am English and live close to Sherwood Forest in Nottingham......I shouldn't be in the frozen wasteland of Mig's farm......I wonder if Dow can get me back home...................dare we all risk another 'Dowessian'journey

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/17/10 06:15 AM

Seconded - clap 1cup cheerleader snowflake1 santa reindeer holly

As for Alan being marooned in a shed in the middle of Canadian winter, hmmmmmm. Might find you a hairyplane Alan, but as Dow will be piloting the aircraft... Any adventures may befall!! roll

Re: O/T - AS and shed adventures - 11/17/10 04:24 PM

floor floor floor Yay - it's returned and intact even - thank you Dow and Alan!

Oh look at that, he's brought back an entire zoo with him! The penguin is going to LOVE the farm! I'll be happy to look after the roo but am afraid she is in for some grim temperatures ahead. I could cut a hole in the roof of the icehouse for the giraffe but he is going to get snow on his head.

But those stickers, egad, eye pollution. There is no advertising permitted at the farm... they have got to go..!

It better not be snowing up at the farm yet.... arrrrgh, it might be.

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/17/10 05:07 PM

My dear friend Alan, surely you know you are welcome to stay at the farm any time! What is the big rush to get back to Nottingham?

My farm is not a wasteland! Frozen maybe... but looks as though you are already making your way about the frosty woods quite well. Heron is happy to have you back and not surprisingly, is following you around like a puppy. Just like you to have made fast friends with the birds already!

Oh-uh, all your tramping about seems to have stirred someone from hibernation. Err, what's his name again? Bill!

(ps. sorry about the hat!) lol

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/18/10 12:22 AM

thankyouverymuch, Sir Al, Wendy & Molly!

Can't imagine any alternate form of transportation that could possibly be as comfortable as the luxurious shed, but might be able to rig up something, hmm, to Sherwood Forest, you say?

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/18/10 12:24 AM

ha ha, nicely done Ms. Migster smile

I bearly even noticed that bluejay on Alan's arm there! laugh2

(Just hope that Kat doesn't notice that you weren't entranced by her play announcement and the other treasured global souvenirs!)

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/18/10 06:36 AM

Now look here you. You are a whizzo on photoshop (even better than Dow) so at least you could have got rid of the hat!!!! Urghhhh......and a head of darkish hair would be nice?

Is (on a serious note) a delight and I am a little smug to know that in real life (rather than Dow-world) that I have met the ice house, seen the bears and the heron and the blue jays, the maple foreast and even dined with you at and in the farm. And was forced into then ghooshed off my snow shoes........wow

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/18/10 11:44 AM

Thanks Dow, I am but a novice compared to your talented self, was just feeling guilty that I wasn't helping out more... and I have yet to explore the art and tricks of creating animated gifs. That snow falling is fantastic!! yes

Ahhh but it was the wee chickadee on his collar that I thought you'd miss. And am trusting that Kat feels the same; is no point of a play announcement hidden out in the deep dark woods of muskoka - besides, most of ours are illiterate bears! smirk2

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/18/10 12:07 PM

But Alan, the hat is cool! This hat is totally *in* right now! There is no comprehending fashion trends but trust me - next thing you know, Es will be wanting to permanently 'borrow' it from you. Honest!! (Besides, I did not have a pic of your hair at the appropriate angle..lol)

I did NOT ghoosh you off your snowshoes..! laugh2 I was ahead of you and breaking trail (apparently not well)- so not my fault! I blame the snowdrift. That scared the living daylights out of me, but turns out you are 'tUff'. You did get the rare good fortune of seeing 2 black bears in the wild... not many Englishmen can say that, I bet! smile It was a delight having you visit - you should come back! Supposed to be nice and snowy this winter? help! lol.

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/18/10 12:23 PM

Oh dear, Snowy, most sincere apologies from admin blush for having allowed this most serious of all forum infractions!!
Gee, and I almost missed your 'official complaint'! Was not obvious enough perhaps! floor

Right, have re-titled the last few posts, marking them clearly as O/T as they should rightfully be marked - just for you and any other serious readers who may wish to pass them by. We can't have bunnies wasting any more precious time reading through useless silly non-AS related but merely kicker-related posts. Hope and trust this action restores your faith.

Um btw, did I mention that mine is a particularly cosy pillow-top mattress?

sincerely,
mig

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 11/18/10 03:44 PM

I submit to the court, that our little poem, which clearly made a reference to the subject of beds, therefore the whole shed adventure has been totally on topic!

(okay, maybe a somewhat slightly roundabout way to get there...)

and although bears may have reading disabilities, do not underestimate the exposure of the worldwide satellite-feed on the shed! I totally expect that Kat will soon be experiencing sell-out crowds, thanks to this invaluable publicity!

(just hope that the theater won't be deluged by Alan's many fans demanding to catch a glimpse of him driving the shed on the stage without his shirt for the finale of every show!)

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/18/10 04:06 PM

I see the chickadee now! yes

Wow, you have REAL bears on the farm, was the Mr. Bear part of the picture actually from a photo by you?

Here's where I learned how to do the animated snowflakes I found that link accidentally when I was looking for a way to add Alan's footsteps in the snow. Sure enough, I found someone who posted a photoshop brush to do exactly that! (drawing that by hand way beyond my actual abilities, for sure)

Re: A.S and SHEDS, What do you find best? - 11/18/10 06:11 PM

laugh2 Hey no worries, if anyone is really looking for advice on beds and makes it all the way to this post, you may want to try the "Search" feature at the top of the page. There have been many posts on BEDS, but this was probably the first on SHEDS.

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 11/19/10 03:00 PM

is this a record breaking thread (for the number of posts)yet? If not, what is the record?
Posted by: Prost007

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/20/12 01:33 PM

If you need a cheap alternative... Try picking up one of those memory foam mattress toppers, and put it directly onto the floor. I have been using it for about a year now and its been WAY better than a bed has been to me. I used to just layer blankets on the floor as my bed, but that was still way too firm. The memory foam topper directly on the floor is the perfect combination of firmness and softness. It allows me to rotate to a comfortable position all night as need be.

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 01/21/12 05:53 AM

This is a classic thread for sure smile but not record-breaking. We had an off-topic thread called 'concept association' that reached 8069! replies and 2088119 views, (which has since been retired).

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 01/21/12 07:01 AM

This is a classic thread for sure smile

oh lest we forget to link from here to the tongue3 FINAL EPIC ADVENTURE tongue3

tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof tongue3 woof
Posted by: Adzy

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/21/12 09:02 AM

Hi,
The one thing i found out is that when you go to the shop to buy a bed and you lay down to test them , 99% of the beds feel comfy.
But the problem is that what feels comfy when you lay on it for a few min most likely wont feel comfy after a few hours and for most of us AS suffers aganising pain. The only way i found out what type of bed i needed was through staying over at family and friends places and testing out the different ones they had.

I find a firm mattress with a egg carton topper works best for me.
Good luck&#128522;

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 01/21/12 12:17 PM

Ah-Ha! Dow!! I thought you'd spot this lickity-split, and sure enough, here you are! smile

Definitely these two threads needed to be linked for posterity, re-read and viewed again. yes 1cup

Re: O/T AS and shed adventures - 01/22/12 02:56 AM

tongue2
Posted by: rick_10

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 05/15/12 10:45 AM

My husband finds his waterbed the best. It contours to his body and the heat helps reduce swelling.
Posted by: kushagra9120

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 06/08/12 11:51 AM

a firm mattress with pillow between my legs.... rocks for me..

and Strictly away from air-conditioner...
Posted by: Eddy

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 10/12/13 12:47 PM

You sound like me. Love my tempurpedic as even though it is considered firm, it does not cause the pressure point pain that a conventional firm mattress causes. Looking to purchase another tempurpedic need a king size, not that the wife and i are large, i weigh less now (157) than i did when i got married. By the way i am 65 and have had my tempurpedic for 10 years now.
So, go with the tempurpedic if you can afford it.
Posted by: matt1986

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 02/21/15 12:16 AM

Just bought a firm coiless sealy mattress and put a 2 in. Foam topper on it and love it...takes off hip pressure points and still firm enough to straighten out my spine!
Posted by: xroxer

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 02/21/15 11:40 PM

Spent 1K on a firm mattress, and 500$ on the 3" tempupedic memory foam topper.

The firm matress was just ok for my AS back

The topper is great by itself on the floor.

The combination is just terrible. Way too soft. So both are being returned and am going to try a full tempurpedic.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 02/22/15 07:31 AM

Sorry to here that.

I have issues with beds as well.. cannot be too soft or too hard. Both will cause issues for me.

In States I had a Select Comfort bed... I also really liked the inflatable beds and put foam on top, I still use that when I go back to States and stay at my mothers place for several weeks.

Good luck on finding a bed that works.

Tim
Posted by: Possi

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 02/23/15 11:10 AM

Lately my best bed is the Lazy Boy recliner!:)
Posted by: elmerfudd

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 02/28/15 01:29 PM

My doctor prescibed an electric hospital bed, it has changed my life overnight.
I can now sleep and wake up with a good nights sleep behind me.
Posted by: Sashi

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 03/22/15 07:14 PM

We bought a Ttempurpedic and it's a little firm for me if flailed, but otherwise good. I think long term the support is good.
Posted by: KellyAnn

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/20/15 11:53 PM

I wish I could afford a decent bed. I would buy a temperpedic but I have heard good things about 2 inches of foam, egg crates, etc.
I guess I wonder if it could be considered a health need and a prescription for a good bed. I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor then this neighbor died who had just bought a cheap twin bed (He didn't die in the bed, he had a car accident) with a "pillow top" but it is not a comfortable bed and hurts my body. Maybe writing letters to the manafactors of the beds to see if they would take my insurance. IDK My Ma who is 92 (How does she do it?) has a slighter case of AS and she totally has given up on the bed when Daddy went into a nursing home, and prefurs to sleep in a lazy boy chair in the living room. Sez she can't sleep in a bed. I don't know if it is because of psychological distress over losing her husband of 73 years or the freedom of never having to climb into a bed with another human being again. I don't know. I know I'm the opposite. I can't sleep in a chair, I can hardly sit up in a chair. I sit up about 4 hours a day and that's it. The rest is laying down and watching TV or sleeping and I sleep on my side until the pain in my shoulder hurts too bad then I turn over.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/22/15 08:55 AM

hope you all read this thread in its entirety!!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/22/15 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By ineptwill
hope you all read this thread in its entirety!!!!!

I challenge you to read the "Concept Association" thread in its entirety grin

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/23/15 02:45 AM

Morning Tim. You now owe me 5 Pounds cos I just read the whole thing....easy....!!!!

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/23/15 06:42 PM

Please summarize the contents of this thread for those who are too busy to read all of them beginning in 2010.
Thank you kindly sir.

P.S.-I sleep on a bed of nails
Posted by: Lon

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/23/15 06:48 PM

snow- does that mean you are tougher than nails? is that a16 penny galvanized????
I suspect that you are a finish nail of sorts,,,

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/24/15 01:52 PM

Summary of Thrad:

Someone asked about a bed. I said I have a shed. Dow took the shed round the world. Thus the bed thread was dead.....

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/26/15 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By ineptwill
Morning Tim. You now owe me 5 Pounds cos I just read the whole thing....easy....!!!!

I have no Pounds on me, can I send you some Argentine Pesos (ARS)?

If I sent you $5 ARS, that would be equivalent to $.38 Pounds more or less.

I can give you a "Hip, hip, hooray" as well.

Tim

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/26/15 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By Lon
snow- does that mean you are tougher than nails? is that a16 penny galvanized????
I suspect that you are a finish nail of sorts,,,

Maybe she incorrectly put the "s" at the end of the word and meant she sleeps "on a bed of snail".

We have some giant snails here. Much softer IMO.

Tim
Posted by: AchingRN

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/27/15 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By WendyR
The book I was referring to is The Arthritis Helpbook by Lorig and Fries, pp 245-246.

They say ... care should be taken not to maintain this position continuously. If you have knee problems, check with your doctor before using a pillow under your knees, even for a short period, as it can cause knee contractures.

When I read this, I stopped the pillow under my knees because my RA has affected my knees.

Contractures are a problem of immobility. For anyone who is still ambulatory, the pillow thing isn't a problem for sleeping.
Posted by: Possi

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/27/15 11:00 AM

I love this place! to quote friend Lon!
Posted by: amazonwomanrm

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 04/30/15 08:56 PM

I have a temperpedic adjustable bed and have had it for years. You have to get the expensive one now if you want it to be firm enough. Back in 2005 when I bought my first one, they were solid temperpedic, now the cheaper ones have it in layers and they don't seem to work as well. But the best thing is the adjustable as I can accommodate whatever pain is highest and then switch if I need to do so.
Amazonwomanrm

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 05/27/15 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By Dow

I remember this thread, which has little to do with a bed, but is all about a theft of a shed. It's an unfortunate example of what's known as a thread highjack which is frowned upon but generated lots of laughs. The thief was incarcerated and may still be serving time. And his choice of where to place a mattress, as in photo above, is not healthy for people with AS though it may be more comfy than the prison bed! Now let's be serious about beds and get this thread back on topic! Beds...yes they are important.................

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 05/28/15 02:18 PM

Well is odd you should say that because I have just acquired a new shed and 5hought to facilitate my twitching activity at night by putting a bed in the shed. The shed was grossly brown which rather unnerved the twitchers close at hand so I have painted it a nice shade off....................
Posted by: mooman

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/19/20 06:54 PM

thermarest - mondo king

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/19/20 07:52 PM

Hate beds - They are rarely 'right'. Gave up on em, use my couch and three pillows. Works well. Well supported in the spine, held in comfortable position, knees against back of couch. Very nice indeed.
Hospital beds are pretty good. Otherwise the bed I slept in whilst visiting friends. Had a great really thick, well sprung mattress with an overlay of a tempurpedic 4" mattress. Now that was a treat. Best bed ever.
Posted by: thriver

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/21/20 11:12 AM

I have read on this site many times, but never posted. I've had AS for over 16 years and nights were always the hardest. My husband was diagnosed with osteosarcoma cancer in his pelvis and had a major surgery. We were given a Temperpedic bed. Tempur Flex Highbrid are words printed on my mattress and I remember being told that it was on the firmer scale.
It has all the whistles (vibration, elevates head and feet), but I rarely use them. It's just the mattress that has made all the difference. I often thank God for it when I say my prayers at night. It has literally changed my life. I am often in pain, but sleep wonderfully at night. I sleep all night long most of the time and it is only when I get out of bed that I notice pain again. I went 15 years waking up 2-3 times most nights in horrendous pain. I use to have many tearful nights. This has been a miracle and a game changer for me. I wish every AS sufferer could afford a bed like mine. I bought a new bed hoping it would help multiple times, but this is the only bed that actually did.

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/24/20 07:16 AM

Hello Thriver,

I have a lot of issues with firm beds, my father liked them (he also had AS). Beds are very individualistic for AS sufferers.

Best

Tim
Posted by: mooman

Re: A.S and beds, What do you find best? - 01/24/20 03:23 PM

I have seen these, not down a good test. Nearly got one a few years back, probably would have if the biologics didnt kick in, thanks for the reminder.