PARTY TIME!

Posted by: WendyR

PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:00 PM

Greetings everyone.

The doors are open.

Welcome to the "welcome home, Possi" party! We're celebrating the happy return of Possi to the fold after her 13 minute absence.

Please join us for the next four hours of fun, music, jokes, laughter, good food and toasts! Drop in or stay for the duration. Hopefully, many of us will be on line at the same time, having fun together.

I've brought along devilled nuts and ginger macadamia mix for the NSDers. I have a glass of wine at the ready for the first toast.

Thank you to all the organizers and planners.

Have fun!
Posted by: sherri

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:03 PM

WOOO HOOOOO It's Party Time !!!!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:04 PM

To start off our music, here is a link to the best utube music video of the year. Speaks to Obama's success but also to the claim of all ASKickers - Yes We Can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY
Posted by: marshamm

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:05 PM

Welcome back--perhaps the 13 minutes will, eventually be compared to (but much more favorably than) the 18 minute gap in the Watergate tapes...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:06 PM

Hi Sherri - nice to see you. You look fanstastic!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:07 PM

Hi Marshamm - so glad you came to the party.
Posted by: Dow

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:08 PM

Hi Gang!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:09 PM

I'm here on a date with Dow
Posted by: sherri

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:10 PM

Hi Wendy.....and thankyou !!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:10 PM

Lucky you! Maybe I can borrow him for a dance later.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:11 PM

Hey that MarshaMM looks very familiar! In fact she is sitting in the same room as me! In fact I am married to her!! How did I get here!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:11 PM

Hey Dow - nice to see you. I see you've got your party shades on!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:12 PM

Absolutely!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:12 PM

Yes, that is my party look!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:14 PM

We need some more music

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_ty...%27s+get+this+p

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:17 PM

Where's the guest of honor? It's already been 16 minutes since the party started. I guess that means another party coming up!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:17 PM

A couple of jokes to get the humour started:

If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be?

Lewis bought two horses, and could never remember which was which. A neighbor suggested that he cut the tail of one horse and that worked great until the other horse got his tail caught in a bush. It tore just right and looked exactly like the other horse's tail and Lewis was stuck again.
The neighbor suggested he notch the ear of one horse. That worked fine until the other horse caught his ear on a barbed wire fence. Once again Lewis couldn't tell them apart.
The neighbor suggested he measure the horses for height. When he did, he was very pleased to find that the white horse was 2 inches taller than the black one.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:18 PM

Great choices! Heh Heh! Let's get this party started.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:19 PM

Still thinking about the math-related weather quiz

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:22 PM

Didn't say I had the answer!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:22 PM

2 times zero=that is definitely more than Less Than Zero, which was a pretty good book, but not as good Catcher in The Rye, so is the answer it will be colder than J.D. Salinger?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:26 PM

Now watching the Obama video again, great but could use more of a beat

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:28 PM

I agree but I love that video. Where's everyone else? Have they gone to top up their drinks?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:29 PM

Okay - time for some more humour. A longer joke this time and apologies to anyone who knows it already:

Bill Gates dies He finds himself in purgatory, being sized up by St. Peter.

"Well, Bill, I'm really confused on this call. I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you enormously helped society by putting a computer in almost every home in America, yet you also created that ghastly Windows '95. I'm going to do something I've never done before in your case: I'm going to let you decide where you want to go."

Bill replied, "What's the difference between the two?"

St. Peter said, "I'm willing to let you visit both places briefly, if it will help your decision."

"Fine, but where should I go first?"

"I'll leave that up to you."

"Okay then," said Bill, "Let's try Hell first."

So Bill went to Hell. It was a beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters and lots of bikini-clad women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking about. The sun was shining, the temperature perfect. He was very pleased.

"This is great!" he told St. Peter. "If this is hell, I REALLY want to see heaven!"

"Fine," said St. Peter, and off they went.

Heaven was a place high in the clouds, with angels drifting about, playing harps and singing. It was very nice, but not as enticing as Hell.

Bill thought for a quick minute, and rendered his decision. "Hmmm. I think I'd prefer Hell," he told St. Peter.

"Fine," retorted St. Peter, "as you desire." So Bill Gates went to Hell. Two weeks later, St. Peter decided to check on the late billionaire to see how he was doing in Hell. When he got there, he found Bill, shackled to a wall in a dark cave, screaming amongst hot flames, being burned and tortured by demons.

"How's everything going?" he asked Bill.

Bill responded, with his voice filled with anguish and disappointment, "This is awful! This is nothing like the Hell I visited two weeks ago! I can't believe this is happening! What happened to that other place, with the beautiful beaches, the scantily-clad women playing in the water?"

"That was a demo," replied St. Peter.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:31 PM

This goes out to the other teachers in the group...
HOW PROFESSORS GRADE THEIR EXAMS

DEPT OF STATISTICS:
All grades are plotted along the normal bell curve.

DEPT OF PSYCHOLOGY:
Students are asked to blot ink in their exam books, close them and turn them in. The professor opens the books and assigns the first grade that comes to mind.

DEPT OF HISTORY:
All students get the same grade they got last year.

DEPT OF RELIGION:
Grade is determined by God.

DEPT OF PHILOSOPHY:
What is a grade?

LAW SCHOOL:
Students are asked to defend their position of why they should receive an A.

DEPT OF MATHEMATICS:
Grades are variable.

DEPT OF LOGIC:
If and only if the student is present for the final and the student has accumulated a passing grade then the student will receive an A else the student will not receive an A.

DEPT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE:
Random number generator determines grade.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT:
Each student must figure out his grade by listening to the instructor play the corresponding note (+ and - would be sharp and flat respectively).

DEPT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
Everybody gets an A.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:34 PM

Yes, you are right, no one can improve on that video, maybe that's why I can't find a remix! But I did find this one where somebody added Lou Reed to the mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfu_icbaQQA

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:36 PM

I love any joke or story where Bill Gates ends up with pie in his face

When you have sons, you get to find out things like...

1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.
2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.
3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.
4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape.
It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.
5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.
6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.
7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.
8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.
9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36- year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.
10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.
11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.
12.) Super glue is forever.
13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.
14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.
15.) VCR 's do not eject 'PB & J' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.
16..) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.
17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.
18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.
19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.
20.) The fire department in Austin ! , TX has a 5-minute response time.
21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.
22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.
23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.
24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.
25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid

Just heard he is now the richest man again, since Warren Buffet took a tumble

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:38 PM

Patient: My stomach is getting awfully big, doctor.

Doctor: You should diet.

Patient: Really? What color?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:41 PM

Doctor: What seems to be the trouble?

Patient: Doctor, I keep getting the feeling that nobody can hear what I say.

Doctor: What seems to be the trouble?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:43 PM

Did you say something Marsha?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:43 PM

So the next piece of entertainment was filmed in the beautiful city of Victoria, south of me, on Vancouver Island. I think some other ASKickers may recognize it - Steve (tiredofpain) is one.

Here it is - enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9z2ELaBVJY

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:44 PM

Is that right? Hmm... I wonder if he'd like to share some.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:46 PM

Now watching gratitude Dance, really sounds good!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:48 PM

I'm now watching the Yes We Can remix - love it!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:49 PM

Just off to get myself another beverage. I'm hoping the party girl will arrive soon so we can have the first toast!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:51 PM

Are they dancing like that because they chilly? It looks really beautiful there. I laughed when that guy jumped off the pier
Posted by: Karen_the_Mouse

Hi everybody! It's so good to see you!

I hope Possi can make it too.

These cookies are great! Pour me some wine.

Let's all dance to "Dancing Queen" from Mama Mia.

Karen

I'm going to find that song and add it to my collection

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:53 PM

You got it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5w1_14o26A

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:54 PM

Marsha is dancing to the "Gratitude Song" and the dogs are barking now..

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:56 PM

In the background you can see the legislature buildings. They're built right next to the harbour that you see in other parts of the video. They're not cold. It's pretty barmy here.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:57 PM

Hi Karen - so good to see you. Welcome to the party. Hope the others arrive soon. Don't want to get drunk before we're all here.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:58 PM

Okay - I'm watching Mamma Mia now

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:59 PM

Now Marsha and the dogs are dancing a little too close to the clothes dryer which has bleach and brake fluid in it...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 04:59 PM

Now for some seriously political humour. Don't watch this if you're politically sensitive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcjLEwZqcQI&mode=related&search=

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:00 PM

uh Oh!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQU0JRq_mBY
Posted by: MollyC1i

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:04 PM

Evenin all - from France. Cheers guys - where's party queen?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:05 PM

Round Like A Shot

News article from Essex, UK:

Going to bed the other night, I noticed people in my shed stealing things.

I phoned the police but was told no one was in the area to help. They said they would send someone over as soon as possible.

I hung up. A minute later I rang again. "Hello," I said, "You don't have to hurry now because I've shot them."

Within minutes there were half a dozen police cars in the area plus helicopters and an armed response unit. They caught the burglers red-handed.

One of the officers said, "I thought you said you'd shot them."

To which I replied, "I thought you said no one was available."

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:05 PM

Got some dishes here - bites of finger food - and some salads - and some musac

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:07 PM

Hi Molly!

We're already drunk on YouTube videos and sugarless gum!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:07 PM

Yes, saw that one - Essex jokes are... haha
Posted by: kurumi

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:08 PM

Hey hey, party animals....

Just popped in to say gidday before I head off to hit the hay...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:09 PM

Am not too far behind man - just been listening to Rusalka with Marilyn Horn (N. York opera houe). Would have liked some visuals though. TG the houndette didn't join in - as she sometimes does...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:09 PM

Hi Molly - good to see you. Welcome to the party. Have you checked out all the music and the food? What did you bring? I'm just cooking up some spicy chicken balls because most of the other appetizers have gone.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:10 PM

Hi Karumi - stay for a bit. It's Saturday night. Party time, man!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:11 PM

Hiya Kurumi - good you could stop by.
Posted by: Megan

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:12 PM

Hiiii *gratitude dancing with Possi party hat*

lol I recognize Inner Harbour!!! I used to live in Victoria.

When does Possi get here? Think I'll make myself a cappuccino while I await her arrival.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:13 PM

Quote:

Am not too far behind man - just been listening to Rusalka with Marilyn Horn (N. York opera houe).

Is that like Elliot Spitzer's houe?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:13 PM

Way hey - it's Sunday already for me! I thought I'd be tucked up in bed long before this.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:14 PM

Hi Wendy. Yes, brought some finger food as promised - the spicy chicken pieces. There's a big dish of em over there on the green table. And my 'famous' Greek salad.

Yes, checked uot the music as I came alng by. Videos and music. Good selection - got a bit more delayed as I had to go dance some...like dancing on my own, then nobody to blame for stepping on toes!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:15 PM

Hey Megan! Another ex-BCer. Glad you've joined us. Are you having fun yet?

Hey Megan - good to see you!

Elliot Spitzer's houe?

Je ne connait pas man...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:17 PM

Hi Megan - too late for coffee, am into the bourbon at the moment...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:17 PM

Here is one for armchair travelling.

http://www.360cities.net/

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:19 PM

Oh, I make a joke, you see you spelled "house" like "houe", and that sounds like, well, there was this governor in New York that was caught with a.. oh nevermind...

Did I mention that I am impressed with your music sophistication?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:20 PM

Kurumi - fab photos. Just tried to find a Brittany one, but my web browser is out of date. They want to donwload/upgrade. Will leave for my PC expert...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:21 PM

Here's a lovely party piece for you all to enjoy. I can never see this enough times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8f8drk5Urw

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:22 PM

That's what I was trying to do Dow...haha But, managed to miss my fave area, hymn to the moon (or summat)

Heck this keyboard is crapped out me and orange.fr is playing silly b.....s, sticking all the time...BAH

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:23 PM

I love those 360 virtual reality things! If you don't go to bed for a minute, I'll dig up one I made in Grand Canyon..

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:26 PM

Wendy - that guy is terrif. Seen him before. Amazing. Great share

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:28 PM

Went to the Spondy assoc meeting today - interesting. Going to have a picnic in June - all invited. Heigh, you guys, coming over?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:29 PM

We need these computers, Molly, to join in this kind of party. Hope yours holds up.

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release
stating: If GM had developed technology like! Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. The airbag system would ask "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10. You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:30 PM

Here it is:

http://www.sinepostaudio.com/Sedona/GrandCanyon%20MMv3b%20DoubleTake.html

If you look, try clicking and dragging with your cursor, you should be able to go completely around (and see Marsha in there somewhere)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:31 PM

Can we do it on line?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:32 PM

And I've baked some pies in honor of the day...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:32 PM

That's awesome, Dow. Say hi to Marsha will ya?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:33 PM

Fantastic - just saw you in Dow's 360.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:33 PM

Oh sorry--I was off feeding the hounds and got out of place in the conversation. Hi Wendy!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:37 PM

Yes that's me in the foreground just past the group of three people looking over the edge. Hey...wait a minute. That guy in the khaki shorts looks a bit like Dick Cheney.

WOW terrif. Love that ancient knarled ole tree. Is that Marsha, with the reddish hair and sun glasses? (No, NOT confusing her with the tree...! 'LOL')

I think all ASKickers struggle with their doctor appointments. I thought this one would resonate:

I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.

The nurse starts with the basics.

"How much do you weigh?" she asks.
"135," I said.

The nurse puts me on the scale.
Turns out I'm 168.

The nurse asks, "What's your height?" "5 foot 8," I said.
The nurse checks and sees that I'm 5' 5".

She sits me down on the exam table and takes my blood pressure and tells me it's very high.
"Of course it's high !" I screamed. "When I came in here I was tall and thin, now I'm short and fat !"

I also love that (true) story about the time Bill Gates got a pie thrown at him from a protestor when he left the building after a speech. The next day he called the police to report it.

They said to him "Please step outside again now sir."

And he did so and returned to the phone.

And they said "Did the problem repeat itself?"

And he said "Of course not!"

And the police replied: "Well, sir, we seem to have fixed the problem. If you have any other problems, please do not hesitate to call us again, have a nice day!"

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:38 PM

As long as you don't confuse me with Dick Cheney...
Posted by: mtnmom

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:38 PM

Can I join the party?
Tina

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:39 PM

Gonna check that out in a mo, Dow.

Watched some Flight of the Conchords tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN0oDnoc3-c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_M1vlLdTo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iSlPoQm2XY&feature=related

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:40 PM

Just had about had that happen to me as well - darn nurse. Know I could NOT^ have lost that precious inch nor have put on those few lbs since weighing myself that morning. Definitely the scales were OUT - do you know, they WERE out. Too funny - I got em to check em...haha

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:42 PM

Hey, I think those guys copied those stellar dance moves from Matt of "Where the Hell is Matt":

Here's his outtakes video which is hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8jA_pps3o

Here's all his vids on his website
web page

*still dancing...*

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:42 PM

Yes, that's her, the beautiful redhead! (She's here in the room now, trying to avoid getting something thrown at me!)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:43 PM

Helloooo over there in Germany!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:43 PM

Hey Dow,

It is asking for bits to be plugged in. Will have a look another time, it is a bit beyond me tonight. I mean this morning. Have always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:45 PM

Just outta curiosity, before I stagger off to bed, what is the time for everyone?

12.46am for me...

Well said! I think I look a little wind-blown in the picture.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:46 PM

7:46 here in New York

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:46 PM

Hi Tina - welcome. Really glad you could join us. Lots to look at and laugh about so far.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:50 PM

Kurumi - kewl. The French one was a hoot. Tres beans gal...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:52 PM

Hi Tina,
Come on by and have some wine and Pi

Hey it is 3/14 --at least here in North America for a bit longer!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:52 PM

Sorry, it probably wants some Quicktime installer bits. But it's similar to the ones you linked to (although those are cooler, you can look up and down as well, haven't figured out how to do that!)

The Grand Canyon is amazing, and also pretty scary

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:54 PM

Kurumi - here in Brittany 12.55a.m. - so just on one in the morning. Not too cold out tonight.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:57 PM

Oh Hi Marsha - didn't know you ere there. Now, would I ever confuse you with Dick Cheney... The tree is more attractive than him...haha

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:57 PM

Anyone ready to play a party game? One that most of us AS'ers could not really play in real life?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:58 PM

4:58 pm here in BC, Canada

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 05:59 PM

Okay - what's the game?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:02 PM

Okay here it is:

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:02 PM

I talked to those lads once.... before they hit it big.

Anywhoooo..... time for bed.

Someone have some wine and chocolate for me, and give the guest of honour a hug when she gets here.

Party hard, have fun, don't drink 'n' drive, and remember - friends don't let friends drive naked.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:06 PM

Night Kurumi - will have another buorbon for you - and no, not driving tonight (musn't frighten the horses ya know...)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:06 PM

G'nite sleep well!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:09 PM

I trod on houndettes toes today when out for a walk - she is such a galumpning lump - growing like a weed. Just about chewed half way through the kitchen wall

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:10 PM

Nite Kurumi - hope you don't have a hang over tomorrow

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:12 PM

I got some piccies of houndette Dow - now to work out 'how' to post em to the group

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:12 PM

Sonar, one of our dogs pack is really clumsy, and starting to gain more than a few pounds, can't figure out a way to put him on a diet, since we feed them all together. May have to start walking him by himself!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:14 PM

How do you play the game Dow - rephrase (just in case there are several rules scheduled...) how is the game played?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:15 PM

That is great! Posting pictures is a little bit of a head-scratch. You have to put them on a server somewhere, and then make a link to them. If you want to email them to me, I'd post them here for you!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:19 PM

Get him a treadmill - that way, you get to recline, and he gets to walk... Or, one of bicycle thinggies, attached a 'walker' to the side and a hrness. Real neat. Would love ne ofr houndette, but, don't trust French dribers - `they spare NO-ONE, and, have NO respect for horse riders...stoopid. My friend's daughter around the corner here got thrown the other week just because some [**BLEEP**] of a lorry driver drove almost against her then sounded his horn... Idiot clonker. Then, had the temerity to wag his finger at her...sshhhssshhh

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:21 PM

Ooh Dow, terrif. Will e-mail em to you then. Mille gratz. pm me yr personal e-mail addie, and I'll send em over...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:23 PM

Here's another news article - this time from this side of the Atlantic:

Underwear Is Important. Always wear clean underwear in public, especially when working under your vehicle...
From the Northwest Florida Daily News comes this story of a Crestview couple who drove their car to Wal-Mart, only to have their car break down in the parking lot. The man told his wife to carry on with the shopping while he fixed the car in the lot. The wife returned later to see a small group of people near the car. On closer inspection, she saw a pair of male legs protruding from under the chassis. Although the man was in shorts, his lack of underpants turned his private parts into glaringly public ones. Unable to stand the embarrassment, she dutifully stepped forward, quickly put her hand up his shorts, and tucked everything back into place. On regaining her feet, she looked across the hood and found herself staring at her husband who was standing idly by. The mechanic, however, had to have three stitches in his forehead.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:23 PM

Well, it's this crazy American game from the '60's where there is this mat which you put on the floor with all these colored circles, and then you would spin the needle and it would give you a combination of a body part (foot or hand) and a colored circle. So it would always start pretty easy, with maybe putting your left foot on the blue square, but then the next person would come along and spin, but have to twist around you, and then when you go again, well, the game ends with somebody falling over...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:24 PM

We need some more music, guys. Anyone brought anything else?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:24 PM

Oh my, Sonar on a treadmill. He would end up breaking his other three legs. Dow's understating Sonar's clumsiness. Sonar will run for the stairs and crash headlong into them. I think a treadmill would likely fling him through the window!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:25 PM

Heigh, do you think Possi is OK? Apart from missing all the fun, am concerned.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:26 PM

I remember her saying something about not sure if she could make it, but would enjoy reading it later..

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:28 PM

Sounds like that game they invented two days ago for Red Nose Day over here. Dressed kiddies up in suits with velcroed patches all over em, start the music, stop and go stick yourself to someone...fun. It's going to be marketed. Ruby Wax invented the game. Mebbe we should ask her to come to the party...haha

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:29 PM

We're off to Starbucks (can't miss our fix!) Will check party progress on portable internet device (iPhone) when we get there!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:30 PM

Oh-Oh - not a good idea then. Walkies it is.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:32 PM

See you in a bit, Dow and Marsha. We'll be waiting.

For those who love hounds, you've probably seen this video but thought you'd like a look anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQzUsTFqtW0

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:33 PM

Didn't catch it. AOL here does not always advise of posts coming in, gets behind itself.

Enjoy yr Starbucks. Might have retired by the time you get yrselves fixed , now 1.35a.m. and have people coming over tomorrow and MUST clean up after this mucky houndette. 'Might' catch you, but...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:36 PM

This is my other favourite hound vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGUN-WCYxk

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:39 PM

Nite Molly - thanks for coming to the party.
Posted by: mig

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:43 PM

Wow - Hiiiiiiii guys!!! This is quite the party you have going on here!

Pretty sure I've never had this many YouTube tabs open all at once Love the The Original Gratitude dance silly canucks....!

Rats, I forgot to buy wine and can't stay long but just wanted to say hey. *HEY*

Ahhhhaaa so Dow and Marsha are hitched I see - gee, that's a fun scoop to be in on! Loved your wedding video btw!

errr... um... I am not a cook so only brought along a few dozen boxes of Timmy's donuts for the crowd. mmmm yum, but sorry are non-nsd treats so please be careful which plate you glomp from!

Oh and WELCOME back Possi (if you peek in) - you were missed for the full 13 mins - good to have you back.

lol

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:43 PM

Amazing - have seen before but always great to see again. Also watched the other dog, the terrier: looked like a Jack Russell or perhaps a Lucas Terrier. Beats that boring old ball game they show at Crufts... Wonder HOW n eart tey train em. Apart from natural aptitude. Suppose smalle size helps - houndette is long legged and rngy, got big feet though. But somehow don't see her skateboarding. (Not sure that I could show 'how' to do either!)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:47 PM

Hey Mig - good to see you. We've been partying for a couple of hours now. Great laugh. You should try the twisters game, Dow's been trying to get us to play.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:49 PM

Yes, are't they **amazing. All much better than fly-ball...

(Haven't retired yet Wendy - but should leave soonish. Sigh.)

Hi there Mig. Have some snacks. I brought over some finger food and Greek salad and Wendy has been cooking up a storm.

Hi Mig

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:52 PM

Did you bring any music, Mig? We're played everything else.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:56 PM

Fraid all my music is still packed up - one day WILL get around to finally UNpacking...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:58 PM

Quote:

You should try the twisters game, Dow's been trying to get us to play.

And not very sucessfully so far!

Now in Starbucks! May I suggest a toast of my extra- large coffee to Possi and this wonderful group?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 06:59 PM

Yeah! I've got a cup of chai my hubby just brought in to me. A toast to Possi and all the wonderful friends on KickAS.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:02 PM

Ok you guys. 2a.m. going to call it a day - well, it IS day now...haha Speak to ya'll again soon - gotta tell you about the Spondy Assoc meeting. Interesting.

Molly C (France)
Keeping on Keeping on

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:05 PM

Toast time - Welcome back Possi - cheers guys, bonne sante...........ALL

And to all a goodnight

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:15 PM

Twister??!! Has Dow gone mad then? I'm not imagining that is an AS-friendly activity...!

Hi Wendy, Hi Molly... hellloooooo all!

hmmm some tunes eh... ok... try this one, an upbeat fave of mine (Canadian too dontcha know) King of Spain

Yum, you people are making me hungry over here!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:20 PM

HAHAHAHA! Am loving the silly skateboarding hound!

Pup power!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:22 PM

Great song, Mig! Love it
Posted by: Michelle70605

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:28 PM

I just woke up, I hope I'm not too late to toast Possi.....here's to you Possi!! Woo-Hoo!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:30 PM

Well, since this is a "virtual" party, we can play any game we want! All right who is ready for the limbo contest?
Posted by: Michelle70605

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:37 PM

Wendy, I just read your top 25....."things you learn when you have boys".....I love it!!!! That is just too funny!!!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:38 PM

just listened to King Of Spain on YouTube thru iPhone while driving back from Starbucks, which is amazing in itself.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:52 PM

Hi Michelle, just was catching up on the other thread about your pneumonia, hope you will feel better soon

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:53 PM

Okay - I'm ready... Do you need a video clip of the results?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 07:54 PM

Hi Michelle - glad to see you. Are you feeling any better? Isn't it great to be able to go to a party even when you have pneumonia?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 08:21 PM

Okay, Left foot Blue!

Allright, maybe not, I've just been informed that our insurance won't cover possible misadventures resulting from participation in this activity..maybe just stick to tiddly-winks after all?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 08:22 PM

Are you and Marsha home again - or are you still partying at Starbucks?

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 08:25 PM

We're back again, dogs all walked, and getting ready to go downstairs to get back to work, ah Saturday night

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 08:46 PM

Thanks for being such a great host, Wendy!

One more party song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adcj7UwpuTY

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 08:51 PM

Thanks Dow! Great song.

Thanks everyone for such a fun party. Goodnight now! Try not to have a hangover in the morning.
Posted by: pianoplayer

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 09:18 PM

Sorry I missed the party! Looks like you all had fun.

Kim
Posted by: CiaraCeasg

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 09:34 PM

Cheers Possi! And hi to any one else still up! I was worried when I first jumped in, thought I went to the wrong party... there was math and JD Salinger essays... Hi Wendy, nice to meet you! Hi Sherri and Dow... Marsha Marsha Marsha, it's nice to meet you (lovely bride, crazy taste), hi Kurumi, I hope you feel ok this morning, and Megan, cheers sweetie! Ca va Molly? Hellooooo Mig!
Michelle....are you allowed to party? Does that mean you're better?
I'm toasted. Would love to say it was all for this very special event... so I will!
Posted by: Sue22

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:30 PM

well, i guess i'm fashionably late......sorry, i was at another party, and finally got away! good to see you all had such a great time! guess i'll have to dance with myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VNx78SAq8M

sue
Posted by: ilbcrzn

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:38 PM

Hi Sue

Just got back from a local concert of Irish music...young kids...traditional and non-traditional...very good. Hope no one saw us walk in together....people might talk

Hope everyone had a good time

Wendy what a great and innovative way to use this forum....you are really a trend setter!!
Posted by: Angelmom

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:42 PM

Well looks like it has been a great party!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:44 PM

i think they all left so i think our secret is safe

irish music you say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFXcHD0z3ZY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6FwEJwwYcQ

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:45 PM

oh, i think lisa saw us

hi lisa!

anybody got anything else to go with these deviled eggs?

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:49 PM

Oh man I LOVE deviled eggs...lol

I just went to the store and bought some tiramisu but I ate it already (sorry)

I think I have some cheese-it's...lol

Lisa

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:54 PM

Oh, Sue deviled eggs sound so good! Your making me hungery! My diet 7-up is not very filling.

Kim

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:57 PM

hi kim,

looks like round 2 of party time! wendy will be so proud that we've kept it going!

oh, diet 7 up all by itself won't do......here, have some creme brulee, i just carmelized the top!

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:57 PM

Hi Sue

Thanks for the Irish videos. The group we saw was called Rising Gael. They did do their own version of "Still Haven't Found what I'm Looking For" by U2.

Not trying to bum you out but I still have trouble listening to "Brown Eyed Girl" I usually turn it off when it comes on the radio. My brother in law used to call his daughter his little brown eyed girl. Back in 1996 her ex-boyfriend murdered her and her new boyfriend and then killed himself. She was 22 yrs old.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 10:59 PM

oh jeffrey, i'm so sorry. i guess there was no way to know.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:00 PM

Hi Kim...Hi Lisa

You both look great tonight!!!

Sue You look great too.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:05 PM

thanks jeffrey! you don't look so bad yourself. nice shirt
are you hungry? what can i get you to eat?
or something to drink perhaps?

sue

Hey Sue

Like I said not trying to bum anyone out and it really doesn't bum me out either. I have tried to listen to it as a celebration of her life... but it just hasn't worked for me. I do love Van Morrison though....have a bunch of his CDs... what a great artist.

Hi All! I'm sorry to be the party pooper, but I've got to head to bed. The flexoral kicked in and my eyes can barely stay open.

Don't party to hard you all!

Kim

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:07 PM

Thanks Sue

It's my House of Blues shirt I picked up in Florida

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:08 PM

Kim

Hope you sleep well....Have good night!!!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:09 PM

ah tiramisu! when i lived in richmond virginia, azzurro's had the best tiramisu. i haven't lived there since 2003, but i still haven't found one to come close.

http://azzurros.com/

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:10 PM

What type of music do you like to listen to??

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:12 PM

Quote:

Hey Sue

Like I said not trying to bum anyone out and it really doesn't bum me out either. I have tried to listen to it as a celebration of her life... but it just hasn't worked for me. I do love Van Morrison though....have a bunch of his CDs... what a great artist.

thanks for letting me know. i figured "oh great, great way to end a party." i was going to post moondance, with the dancing theme, but couldn't find van doing it.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:12 PM

I love Tiramisu...very rich but very good!!!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:13 PM

good night kim! i know that feeling. i have to time my zanaflex so i'm under the covers within 45 minutes or i'll be sleeping on top of the covers in my streetclothes if i dilly dally.

see you tomorrow,

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:15 PM

The best Tiramisu I think is at Olive Garden but that is just me..lol I dont get it very often so I was shocked tonight when we went to the opening of a new Target in our area and I saw it in the freezer section...I thought nah but it comes really close now I know where to go....yipee!!!

Lisa

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:17 PM

It was a sad time for all of our families....all so young....what a tragedy. Well now that I bummed every one out....any one know how to work the CD player??

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:17 PM

oh, i'm all over the map with my musical taste.....
lots of kinds of rock: blues rock, punk rock, new wave, alternative rock (when it really was alternative), folk rock, british folk rock....and blues, and jazz, and classical.

have you been to our desserted island? lots of good music there.
you can bring 10 favorite songs and 10 favorite albums.

to get there, just go to "kicking back in the ASylum".....

maybe you already did and i've forgotten.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:18 PM

here, i've turned it on, go ahead and put something in.
or request something and i'll see if i have it.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:20 PM

I guess I should stop over there sometime. I am feeling a little more up beat lately with Spring coming. Maybe I need to lighten up a bit. LOL

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:21 PM

hey, i like never go to the olive garden, though my stepfather loves the place, and if they have good tiramisu, then i'm there! one desert that definitely seems to be something to leave up to the experts. hubby makes a mean chocolate mouse cake though!

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:23 PM

How about Brian Eno "Love is the Drug" ??

James Blunt "1973"

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:25 PM

Olive Garden has the BEST salad of anyplace I know.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:27 PM

They have great breadsticks too!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:27 PM

hey, i've got the first one for sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aztub_hMXTc&feature=related

roxy music is one of my favoritest groups!

i'll dig through my music and see if i can find your second request.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:30 PM

here's your second request too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX4-pNMN084

wasn't sure if i had that one, don't listen to it very often.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:33 PM

I have the Cd-never saw the video

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:35 PM

here's some entertainment too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8DQGZZzd...from=PL&index=3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbjSjB9bm...laynext_from=PL

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:38 PM

you guys are making me hungry for a trip to Olive Garden!
mabye tomorrow.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:39 PM

Sue

The parrot and the blanket was cute the other vid was no longer available!!!

Thanks for the entertainment!!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:41 PM

Our closest Olive Garden is 40 miles away...

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:43 PM

Sue and Lisa

Thanks for the wonderful time.... I took a Lorazapam about an hour ago and am fighting it now even though I slept 16 hours last night.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:44 PM

looks like we lost lisa! i bet all this talk of food has her raiding the fridge.

funny, i can see both videos, oh well, its another parrot doing a sommersault.

we have a grey, but he's sleeping, funny, i'm the one who should be asleep.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:47 PM

Sue
have a good night.....we are supposed to have great weather tomorrow....hope you have good weather too.

See you here soon!!!!!!!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/14/09 11:48 PM

good night!

see you tomorrow!

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 12:57 AM

oooh tiramisu.... next time you'll have to share with me Lisa! I'll make cappuccino to go with it

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 12:59 AM

hi megan!

welcome back to the party!

can you believe lisa didn't save us any tiramisu!

oh well, guess i'll have to go raid the cupboards!

now, definitely hungry.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:00 AM

gnight Smartypants Sue!
(want to write a thesis for me? It's too late to be working but I have a tuesday deadline for my next chapter.... on pain, no less. lol)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:01 AM

good night! i really should go too!

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:03 AM

I've been popping in and out... as I'm sitting here writing... I've had a ball keeping up with the posts and tonight's party! Possi missed a good one!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:14 AM

yeh, i wish i had been able to get on sooner,
but the one thing i can count on with a world-wide forum family,
someone will be about, no matter what my crazy hours.

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 02:48 AM

Hi Sue:

I'm just walking through the wreckage on my way to the hot tub..

You and Jeffrey & Angelmom were certainly missed for the first party, I was starting to wonder if you had too much Vit D and slept all evening

See ya all later!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 03:46 AM

Back from hot tub ready to try and sleep...

I think maybe that snoring from under the sofa may be Dr. Ebringer, not sure-

One more short song to end the night: "Heaven Usually Sends Kisses" written by my friend Don Emilo, produced by me:

For anybody who might be hurting a bit tonight:

http://homepage.mac.com/edow/iMovieTheater11.html

G'nite!
Posted by: piper

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 03:51 AM

I missed a Possi Party?!
Posted by: tiredofpain

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 04:21 AM

Hey Gang...Hello?...hello...oh man, it must have been 3PM!

Sorry I missed y'all

Chris

(Standing in the dark with armloads of booze...oh well, shouldn't let this booze go to waste!)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 04:36 AM

> "If it's zero degrees outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be? "

-9 C ...!

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 04:39 AM

Clonker Chris. NOT 3a.m. That would be more like UK/EU time 'LOL' Anyways, don't stand there, come on in. Can always start 'another' party... Mind you,...errrrrmmmm. Still got half a glass of Bourbon left over on the table here. Hmmmm.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 04:44 AM

Oh Mig - aint ya gone to bed yet? Or perhaps y're waking up for the second party...

Morning hon. Sunny here today and houndette had the floor into a... (piscine/pis'scene!!)...this morning. Just what one wants after a nice party. Have threatened her with a nappy - or outside kennel with run. Norty hound.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 05:06 AM

I am just scooting off to bed now actually... yikes, and I have to be up early too well, I did have a half night's sleep earlier, so that counts for a bit!

Sounds like the adorable houndette needs a good few more lessons there Molly!!

Have fun in the sunshine - wow, it's suppose to get up to 11 C here today (52 F) yay!

Hugs

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 08:54 AM

Quote:

(Standing in the dark with armloads of booze...oh well, shouldn't let this booze go to waste!)

Hey, what's for breakfast! I'm off to work!
Posted by: fonzy

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 09:33 AM

Just waiting to have a dance with Possi.
Posted by: fonzy

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 09:40 AM

Going up to the bar for a rum and coke.

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 12:23 PM

Oh Megan you know it girl..if I could I would bring a whole cake of it we could eat it till it was running out of our ears and then some...lol

I hope you are feeling a bit better, will try to pm you tonight a ling one.

Love and BIG Hugs my girl,

Lisa

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 12:24 PM

Ptttttt if I had a hubby that made desserts I wouldn't be at Olive Garden either...lol

Lisa

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 12:52 PM

he just makes his chocolate mousse cake or chocolate gold cookies for parties, i think to use as bribery......around here he either makes chocolate chip cookies for himself (yeh, i know i'm strange, i don't really love choc chippers the way others do) or i make fruit crisps or custards (maple, pumpkin) or muffins (back when i ate more starch, but i still love a good blueberry muffin)......i think given a choice, i'm a big fruit desert fan, i like my chocolate unadulterated, just give me the chocoalate, plain dark chocolate....yum.....

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 12:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, what's for breakfast! I'm off to work!

i was going to go for the cold leftover pizza, that would bring me back to the good old days.....

but i think i'll eat the leftover chocolate cake from last night instead.....
chocolate cake is always good

sue
Posted by: Possi

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:16 PM

Hey! Late to my own party!!Sorry about that. We ended up at late service for church and I didn't feel like cooking so we went out for lunch and that was a long wait. Anyway, Here I am.

I have got a lot of reading and laughing to do so here goes

I love you all.
Possi

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:25 PM

hey, a few of us fell asleep here waiting for you, and here you are!
want some cake? there's still some left.....we've been saving it for you

nothing like a party that lasts all weekend....my kind of party!

sue

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 01:57 PM

look who i invited to the party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJTR2IdV_Y4&feature=related

sue
Posted by: tiredofpain

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/15/09 10:51 PM

LEFTOVER chocolate cake?

What is the matter with you people? LOL

I don't think I've ever heard of "leftover" chocolate cake before.

Chris

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/16/09 01:02 AM

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/16/09 03:48 AM

LOL

Nothin' the matter with me

Clearly Chris, you are the smarter than the average bear. (well, except when it comes to baby carrots - blech)

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/16/09 05:11 AM

I'll eat ALL the carrots and you guys can have the *revolting* chocolate cake, and ALL the chocolate in whatever form (yuck, blech, throw up...even the smell is disgusting, excepting in those nice flowers, whatever they are called; haha).
Posted by: alohaben

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/16/09 09:04 AM

there's no such thing as left over chocolate cake.

welcome possi
Posted by: alohaben

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/16/09 09:05 AM

you kids are a mad bunch...

van morrison 'wild children'

Re: PARTY TIME! - 03/16/09 12:29 PM

LOL.....Ben wish you could have been here with YOU making the chocolate cake.