Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#510959 05/15/15 10:19 PM
M
miniowl Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
I found this so interesting and wanted to share. Looking forward to reading "Gut and Physiology Syndrome" when it comes out.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/05/12/dr-campbell-mcbride-on-gaps.aspx

A
A
I agree with that article. After suffering with AS pain for 19 yrs, I started introducing lots of probiotics into my diet (as well as some other diet changes). I made my own water & milk kefir, sauerkraut, kombucha, yogurt and drank lots of raw milk from grass fed cows. It didn't take long and all the symptoms (stiff back, extreme joint pain, iritis, etc) all disappeared. I've had no pain or symptoms for just over 3 yrs now.

D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Good article thanks.

In the last few weeks I've just started fermenting my own Sauerkraut and my wife has been making Coconut Yogurt. I'm eating the stuff every day now. Hmm, might do a fermented foods only fast. Technically I guess its not a fast but more a fermented foods only day. There have been some improvements already but time will tell.

I'm not game enough to try raw milk yet, but what the hell, maybe in a few weeks I will.

Diagnosed AS year 2000 age 26; First onset of major symptoms came with severe food poisoning leaving me in chronic pain hardly able to walk/sleep/sit - never been the same since; HLA-B27 positive; bouts of iritis; no biologics ever, controlling with NSAID's and diet but trying to get off NSAID's through various "biohacking" experimentations; Live in Auckland, New Zealand
A
A
It's funny how the world has changed. I remember when I was young, older people saying they are not game to try coke and much of the processed rubbish that was appearing in the shops. Today people are not game to try natural and healthy products (ie. raw milk).

Add bone broths from grass fed animals to your diet, it will greatly speed up healing leaky gut.

P
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
P
I started making milk keifer about 2 months ago, i make a quart every 36hrs. For the first month I noticed no changes, during the second month my gut started to improve. I'm not getting constipated as often and when I do i find it much easier to get things moving. Of all the things i used to settle my gut keifer holds the most promise. I use raw milk when i can get it and whole organic milk when i can't. I'm sure it will take a long time to fix my gut so I plan to continue making and drinking keifer for at least a year. Mike

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time for that's the stuff life is made of Benjamin Franklin
M
miniowl Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
I'm glad you guys have seen some success! I've only really gotten into sauerkraut (and one batch of natto) but just got some kefir grains and will be trying that soon too.

If you can advise me on a couple things about kefir, I'd really appreciate it. Do either of you guys have a dairy intolerance? I seem to have developed a dairy intolerance so at first I didn't consider making kefir but I've heard so many good things about it I've decided to try to make it with cream. (Lower casein) I'm not sure if it will work but I'm in the process of transitioning the grains from milk, which they were consuming, to cream. Right now they're in about 2/3s half and half, 1/3 cream and in a couple days they should be on full cream. Any ideas if the grains will survive in cream? Also, my "grains" look more like cottage cheese than the pics I see of grains on the internet. Is this at all normal or bad sign? Do you allow each batch to ferment long enough for all of the lactose to get consumed?

Last edited by miniowl; 08/28/15 01:00 AM.
P
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
P
If cream has lactose the keifer grains will work and my grains look like cottage cheese also.I brew my keifer for 36hrs. I read it takes 48hrs. for the graines too consume all the latose in milk. I made one batch for 48hrs. and it was very sour now i stick with 36. Mike

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time for that's the stuff life is made of Benjamin Franklin
M
miniowl Offline OP
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Journeyman_AS_Kicker
M
Mike, Thank you for the info!

L
L33 Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
L
I agree completely with this article....

Thanks for sharing

Last edited by L33; 09/02/15 12:23 AM.

HLA B27+
Have AS since the age of 13.
Diagnosed in 2005 at the age of 22

A
A
If you can't tolerate milk kefir, try water/sugar kefir. You can make some awesome tasting soft drinks. Also kombucha is very nice also.

Moderated by  Megan, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!