Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
i've just discovered a strange connection between my habit of drinking dry red wine and small flares.

i usually drink one bottle of red wine per day. half on lunch, the other half at dinner.

never had any problems with it. i mostly drink our local romanian wines. but in November i've had the chance to make a big stock of Bordeaux red wines (DOC). Bought about 200 bottles from a Lidl store here in Romania. let's say i was just a happy boy who made himself an early Christmas present ...

but small problems seemed to appear: small flares mostly in my lower thoracic area (it's my most sensitive area, flares always start from there).

until January never made a connection between Bordeaux wine and my condition. but i've received a new lot of local wine and started ... using it smile. The small flares were gone. Since my diet is pretty strict and easy to control, it was easy to see where the difference was... french wine - flare, romanian wine - a happy man.

then i've started to read about the winification process in France. there's a lot of processed/industrial products that go into that process like white egg protein, bentonite, chemical yeast and others...

so that happend to you people?!

34. Some rheumys say AS stage 1-2 some others say USpA
Also UC - rectocolitis.

UC curently in remission since feb 2011.
AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

Modified NSD/SCD. Cook your own !

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
D
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
Second_Degree_AS_Kicker
D
Not related to what you were asking but that seems like a lot of wine! (and I'm French, I should know)

Doesn't 1 bottle of red wine per day affect your UC? I can't even get through 1 glass usually without it flaring up mine.

Also, I've read in various places that alcohol of all forms increases gut permeability, and hence makes autoimmune problems worse. Yet I've noticed a number of folks on KickAS who drink. I guess the jury is still out on alcohol pros and cons when you have autoimmune conditions?

Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
I only drink dry red wine. The drier, the better. And strange, but it settles my UC.

About qtty, yep. possibly, probably... That was not the point here though.

Also UC - rectocolitis.

AS/USpA remission march-aug 2011. Flare - sept-nov 2011 (antibiotics). Remission now...

And the list of my medication has become verry short after some years on this diet smile
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
High Alinus - Oooohhhh-eeerrrr Well, reckon that in most viniculture all kinds of 'stuff'' is used. Just saw an article where a guy was hauled up for NOT using *pesticides on his vines...! Sure is a crazy world.

I drink red wine, but, am finding it is causing me horrible throat pain and GERD. Whisky OK. Not Scotch, but whisky. Armognac is also OK. Can't get owt but French wine where I live (not even at Lidl). IF I find any red that is not French, then will give it a try. Used to drink Romanian in the UK, and never had a problem with it. Can drink white - got to be dry white though. Generally make a spritzer with it - add sparkling water. Refreshing.

Anyway - Cheers mate - roll

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
hm, i get GERD on whisky&scotch both. dry white wine, same reaction. i'm not talking bout sweet wines cause i've never tried them, i don't like them.

Cogniac is ok (never tried armognac, too expensive), i drink mostly romanian or moldavian brands (cheaper than french, you can get XO for half a price compared to a french VSOP theyre called vinars (wich means burned wine) or divin (wich means by wine).

yep, different people, different reactions smile

Cheers !

Also UC - rectocolitis.

Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
double post.

Last edited by Alinus; 02/24/14 10:24 AM.
Here's the French story : 6 months jail and 30,000E. fine...

http://www.lepoint.fr/vin/dijon-un-vigne...php#xtor=EPR-6-[Newsletter-Matinale]-20140224

You can auto translate -

Not suprised you get reactions - you and I both.

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Alinus Offline OP
Ninja_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Ninja_AS_Kicker
No need for translation smile i'm good at reading francais smile

Also UC - rectocolitis.

G
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
Black_Belt_AS_Kicker
G
I was surprised when idly reading the label on a Hardys bottle (not French) of wine that was given to us that it contains eggs and milk now I know sulphites are used but hadn't really joined the dots with egg however milk!!!!!! Is that in the finishing process so those that cant take milk are affected. I know I didn't sleep at all well after I drank it and the same thing when I had another bottle of that brand that was given to us.

NSD almost all the way
No dairy hard cheeses occasionally and homemade ghee
Still trying to work out what makes me tick and what makes me drop

'Chew your drinks and drink your foods'
'Let your knife & fork do the work of your teeth and let your teeth do the work of your stomach'
Mahatma Gandhi
Grumpally -

Wine ingredients including fish and charcoal should be listed ...
www.telegraph.co.uk › Home › News › UK News
- Similar to Wine ingredients including fish and charcoal should be listed ...
21 Mar 2009 ... The Australian winemaker Hardys adds yeast to its merlot and also uses egg, milk and gelatin to 'fine' the wine – making it less cloudy. Jacob's ...
Why does my wine contain milk products? - Winemakers Choice ...
winemakerschoicewinedoctor.blogspot.com/.../why-does-my-wine-co... - Similar to Why does my wine contain milk products? - Winemakers Choice ...
1 Oct 2008 ... Some products used by winemakers include several foods (listed above) which are recognised as common allergens, including milk, eggs and ...
ON THE GRAPEVINE: Fish, Milk, Eggs and Nuts in Wine?
onthegrapevine.blogspot.com/2011/.../fish-mil-and-eggs-in-wine.... - Similar to ON THE GRAPEVINE: Fish, Milk, Eggs and Nuts in Wine?
2 Apr 2011 ... For fining red wine we use egg white which is carefully mixed into a solution ... Other wineries in the area use milk to clarify their white wines.
Wine that contains milk / dairy - a list of producers | what ...
whatallergy.com › Home › Alcohol
29 Apr 2013 ... We all know that wine producers should now be labelling their wine to ... Hardys; Kumala – Contains: Eggs, Milk, Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites ...

We don't have Hardys here in France. One time at our supermarket, there was a right rucus due to its selling 'italian wine ! It had to be removed from the shelves

MollyC1i - Riding OutAS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dotyisle, Kiwi, Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 64 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM