Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JamesB Offline OP
Presidential_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Presidential_AS_Kicker
Hi Friends.

A friend of mine originally from Pakistan, now living in Saudi Arabia, is trying hard to find people in his area that he can communicate with and get support from, make friends etc. Unfortunately he can not find many people near him who have AS and understand his health problems. He would come to KA for help more often but he feels like he is still alone in this, because of the language and culture barriers. Our time difference makes it difficult for me and him to chat so I want to do something that can help him out.

So is there anybody from his area that could make him feel more welcome at KA and not feel alone all the way over there? He's just looking for people to talk to... someone to relate to.

Thanks,
I appreciate this.
Take care,
James.

HLA-B27+, JRA diagnosis in 1981, re-diagnosed as AS in 1988. Also iritis, colitis, and psoriasis. NSD + low carb helps me. My health makes it hard for me to post in a timely way.
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Well..lol

I am obviously not from Saudia Arabia BUT I hope your friend will still come here, we can at least offer support until he finds some friends and then some.

Im not sure how many AS'ers we would have in that vicinity, hopefully some.

Lisa

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

JamesB Offline OP
Presidential_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Presidential_AS_Kicker
Hi Lisa,
I hope he comes more often too. When he's here he's a pleasure to have around. Ive been chatting to him for a while now, but not recently because of how bad I have been feeling. I think my chat days are about over. :-( So I hope this message will help him find some people to relate to on the forum. You know culture-wise and maybe even speak Arabic together so he can have a better understanding of the disease.

Take care,
James.

HLA-B27+, JRA diagnosis in 1981, re-diagnosed as AS in 1988. Also iritis, colitis, and psoriasis. NSD + low carb helps me. My health makes it hard for me to post in a timely way.
Lurker
Lurker
hey james, you probably already checked the KickAs World Map, and it looks like we have quite a few ASkickers in India, one in Iran, and one in China. Maybe your friend could locate them directly through their profile in the user list. I noticed Amol is there, as well as Rajat, and hansroux---their posts have been limited, so maybe they need someone to talk to as well. Rivalries to be set aside, only to battle AS united--I hope. Warmest Wishes, Teresa

JamesB Offline OP
Presidential_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
Presidential_AS_Kicker
Hi Teresa,
I didn't know the world map had personal entries. I just found this out, thanks for metioning the world map. He's lurking around now I think, so I think he's checking out the map too. I'm expecting a PM from him any minute now. The longer I know him the more I see he he would like to meet people that could relate to his culture and treatments. It would really make his day.
Thanks,
Take Care,
James.

New_Member
New_Member
I was raised in Saudi Arabia but I now live in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. I have AS. I'm 27 years old.

L
Lon Offline
L
I would just like to hear about your daily life?
Out of friendship and curiosity.

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
New_Member
New_Member
Hey! Nice to hear from you, Lon.

In my good days, I actively swim, cycle and play badminton. I walk for as many hours as I can. I don’t jog and trek anymore now.

MY effected areas are right left heel, right knee, pelvic region (both), back of course, neck (everywhere), shoulders, chest and TMJ. In my bad days, I use a cane to walk. Heck, I can’t even turn in bed. It’s hard to execute basic necessities like eating and breathing. My work involves a lot of reading and comprehension of mathematical material but because of the pain, I can't focus nor sit for long hours. I can't manage basic chores. It's hard enough for me to stretch and reach out for food on the table. Once, I fell down from a sofa because of the pain when I stretched my hand, standing on a sofa, to reach a wall clock in order to change its battery. I am expecting to become a father coming January. Because of the incident, I was seriously disturbed by the fact that I might not even be able to pick, comfort or play with my child.

How about you?

L
Lon Offline
L
I am very slow. I can walk stairs if I take my time and getting my shoes and socks on has been quite a big deal for some. But I do dishes and vacum and such things. I can change car tires and things if I am not rushed.
Every things is a major deal. I hope that you are able to enjoy and help care for your child.
It is amazing how much stronger my daughter is, haing carried this baby around for months. My arms have gotten weak.
It is winter here. But very nice weather.
I will drive to Wyoming next week. I always get so very sore while riding in the car. Nice to chat!

Your friend,
Lon

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
New_Member
New_Member
Everything is a struggle when our disease is full blown. I can understand.

I hope you can continue to stay productive, even with your pain and weakness.

I used to love winters but not anymore, because of the pain they bring.

I hope you have a safe journey! Remember to keep stopping after half hour or a complete hour to stretch your back and legs.

Nice to hear from you, too!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kiwi, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie
by Karma_Coconut - 02/09/24 02:25 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
3,361,692 hmmm
1,319,572 OMG!!!!
709,183 PARTY TIME!