I've been an athlete my entire life and was diagnosed with AS. I was told I wouldn't be able to run again. It took me 2 years of indocin to get me back on track and I started exercising again. I would deal with flare ups here and there for the last 14 years I even went vegan for 5 years thinking that would help. I was doing pretty well and last year ran some half marathons and shorter distance races and felt good. I went on vacation late last year and over indulged on food and drink and have had a really bad spell of flare ups in my hips, feet and back for the last 7 months that I couldn't control. My doctor has now put me on Enbrel and it scares the crap out of me. I'm determined to get control of this and found this sight. I didn't know about the No Starch Diet. I've decided to try it. I'm reading "The IBS Low-Starch Diet" by Carol Sinclair and I'm hoping this will help me. My goals are to finally run a marathon and even do an ultra. Anyone have success with marathons or ultras with AS?

HLAB27 positive since 2001. Fighting AS to run.