Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261808 07/14/07 01:59 AM
L
Lon Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
L
2,000 years ago, if a man were to curse and swear, spit so that the grass died, hit the ground repeatedly with a stick:
men called it witch craft.
But some of my friends call it golf!

I have some friends that even pay to curse, spit and hit the ground with a stick, go figure!

Tho the grass be neatly cut and some folk finely dressed; I would much rather hurrel 180 grains of lead at a bull elk in rut, 300 yards away, at 2850 fps.

When I curse, I look up at the one I think should be taking better care of me. (maybe it is because I can't play golf)
Ah, I love this place!

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Lon #261809 07/14/07 04:16 PM
Gold AS Kicker
Gold AS Kicker
Quote:

I would much rather hurrel 180 grains of lead at a bull elk in rut, 300 yards away, at 2850 fps.

Tell you what, you try to hit that elk by striking a little white ball with a golf club and I'll try hitting the hole with your 180 grains of lead ...bet you a dollar I come closer

Pete

[color:"green"] "Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"[/color]

- Lt. Frank Drebin

L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So you call me out, ay?
You know I am just a mear man, while you being the things of which legends are made of, I regret to inform you that I have been led by God, not to answer any challenges that might lead to altercations, or strong desires to shrug it off and drink coke and rum. IUnless it is an accident or a miracle, I usually come in last.
But I do believe in miracles.

Dog gone it, now I got to buy a used club and some golf balls for my elk hunt this fall- "lord willin".

Ah, I love it here, almost by myself lately...

Last edited by Lon; 07/14/07 07:35 PM.

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
Lon #261811 07/14/07 09:10 PM
Gold AS Kicker
Gold AS Kicker
Quote:

Ah, I love it here, almost by myself lately...

With almost 5,000 members how could you possibaly feel by yourself?

Pete

[color:"green"] "Maybe the problems of two people don't amount to a hill of beans But this is our hill. And these are our beans!"[/color]

- Lt. Frank Drebin

Lon #261812 07/16/07 11:04 PM
You guys are such a hoot!!!!

I just can't see what is so wonderful about hitting a little ball around with a club and trying to get it in that little hole...lol

To me shopping or heck just washing my hair sounds more interesting than that, but for some strange reason this curse has also caused my husband to give into its demands.

Lisa

Oh and I forgot to tell you that my husband said even supposedly refined...(he he) pillars of the community change when they step on that green...I will never forget the first time Bill came home and told me who he had played golf with and told me they were all "Farting" on the golf course..lol because they couldnt in front of their wives..lol I said where could I get a husband like that?...lol

Last edited by Angelmom; 07/16/07 11:06 PM.

Speak kindly, Live simply, Care deeply, Love generously, and BLAH, HA, HA, LOUDLY! every chance you get.

Lon #261813 07/17/07 10:56 PM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Its not the game of golf that's problematic its simply that you have not been inrtoduced to the correct adjectives.

There is no ground beating.

Just graceful mighty swings cutting through space like the pendulum on a family heirloom of a grandfather clock. The silent leap of the ball at the bottom of the pendulum and then its majestic flight through warm blue skies until it lands gently on a freshly cut dewy green.

That is followed by a stroll with friends to the green. Good banter about only the least important things anyone can surmise and the debate over the preferred beverage at the turn.

THe greatest thing is any fool can do it and I am proof. I am going to send Bruno your way. He has your fondeness for a good "target" shooting, but he also knows how much success a well swung four iron can bring even if you aren't on a golf course.

As for me this Thursday I have been recruited to play in a Ryder cup type match between the best 16 lawyers in the boroughof Staten Island NYC and the best 16 in Brooklyn NYC. Since they couldn't find the best 16 they recruited me. Golf in NYC is a little different and more your speed. It involves shattered windows, dodging taxis during shotmaking and tee shots that roll from Broadway to Wall Street. Or so I am told. I let you know if that's the case or if the public courses of this fine city are a little safer than that. Bruno is of course caddying and coming armed. Now that's fun

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Good golly,
You had me for a minute. with the lush grasses, the beautiful swing and all that, then you ruint the pictha with Bruno! I wud do the walk with ya. I wud carri yur clubs, but only thing I wud swing would be clubbs frum the second hand store down on fifth.
You are a great pictue painter. but tell Bruno, last week of October, bring the pack because I am throwing the lead!

How is the fam?

PS if there was no ground beating, what were those guys playing that day?

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
Lon #261815 07/30/07 01:52 PM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
My family is great. Nothing better than hugging my little ones or scolding them. Either way they're pretty funny and getting big. So I don't tell them I call them my little ones.

THe lovely Diane is a spitfire tilting away at the windmills of the world and every now and then enlisting my assistance such that it is.

I hope you are well and sorry about ruining the good visual with a mention of Bruno. He just pouts if I don't give him a little press every now and then. And he's scary even when he pouts.

L-R: Julianna, Jamie, Diane and Tonimarie

stevec-they also serve who stand and wait
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hey, Steve,
Let me know if Bruno, gives you too much trouble. I have been beat up by smaller guys than him, whats one more,eh?
YOu made golfing sound os good, I may have to gimp a game.

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
Lon #261817 08/02/07 11:13 PM
Don't fall for that beautiful dewey morning and polite banter between friends stuff Lon. He's trying to "hook" you!!!

I have been an addict to this simple genteman's game.. While on a few very rare ocasions I have experienced the picture that our great barister paints. It is much more often that I have seen shots hit by the finest of pendulums that would make the Great J.C. Himself swear.

Clubs slammed into the dewey grass, or flung far into the air, as that lovely flight of the tiny white ball makes a hard right turn in mid flight into the woods, or its flight is aborted completely as it skitters across the grass only to splash down into the nearest pond to cool its burning skin.

It is a game that causes the strongest of men to accept whatever beverage that will give them the courage to face another 50 acres of the green "Hades". And alot of it.

By the time you walk off that last soft dewey green, dragging your bag across the ground, the few remaining bent clubs hanging in all directions, hair and clothes disheveled, eyes wild with rage, kicking turf, and muttering and mumbling things that even the Man Himself hasn't heard.

That is the beautiful game known as Golf.. It is so relaxing...

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Keep Kickin'AS
Chris

Moderated by  fyrfytr187, WendyR 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (haydenk), 62 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:02 PM
What now?
by PhilD50 - 04/08/24 01:31 PM