Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#510581 04/25/15 04:28 PM
L
Lon Offline OP
Very_Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
OP Offline
L
Beloved,
I went to the dentist for my cleaning, etc. Soon into the cleaning and X-rays, she stopped and said, "Lon you have a very strong tongue, please do not push against my hand or fingers as I am working, ok?" Well I have been told to quit pushing the tongue before. But never that it was strong. She said it pushed her hand clear out of my mouth!! I was a bit miffed that she did not say " I have strong biceps, or for my age I sure have huge forearms....or that my muscular legs were like tree trunks....no it was my tongue that was exceptionally strong....

I also have developed a rather large mass, tumor or ###### under my left lung. I had noticed some pain on that side as I leaned and as I tried to fall asleep. It extends from near my sternum, under my left lung to the short ribs. It does hurt to push on it, so of course I stopped pushing on it. cool hunh? I also have two wee thing under my right arm.

I am still working 16 hours a week driving felons. I had a near altercation a few weeks ago. A young man would not move over in the van for a female to sit. After repeated requests, he started F####ing me right in my face and would not stop. I did touch him on the knee, which I am not supposed to do. I kicked him off the bus. I am glad he got out, cause he is a big weight lifter, and I would have had to make the first punch a very good one!!! Not really, I enjoy helping those who are in a recovery mode; Very rewarding!

How is it with you?
I weigh what I did twelve years ago, but have lost some arm muscle, I still walk some, cut and split wood for the fire, and play with the grandkids. I would wish this stinking disease on all those men who kidnap and rape women and children, I would wish this disease on those who want to harm this wonderful country by spending our children's money, and those who would bomb the innocent.

But I know if I had the chance I would help anyone who was sincere in wanting to know how to enjoy being Free In the US of A.

I love this place thanks for reading! Encouragement is a post away!

I keep the New Covenant,
when I fail....I am pulled
back into place by HIM.
Lon #510585 04/25/15 09:34 PM
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Addicted_to_AS_Kickin
Hi Lon,

I am glad to hear from you but not so glad to hear of your new problems. I will be praying for you.

Your strong tongue gave me a laugh. I am sure that is the strongest part of both of us. smile I know it is nothing else in our bodies that move. I think we both struggle to not make a noise when we stand up or do things. smile Actually, I think my husband's pain is bothering him more than mine is. Maybe I have just had it so long that it is normal and he hasn't.

I have had a lot of weird things going on and spending way too much time with the drs. My bp is gradually going down so I may get it back to normal. I see the cardiologist again next week and the rheumatologist. So far, only 2 dr. appts. for next week!!

I know you have said but I have forgotten. Do you drive the van for a Halfway House? My husband could certainly share tales with you about working with felons. Not all certainly. He met some very nice guys who have gotten their lives straightened out.

Hope Lynn and the rest of your family are well.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend. We are sunny and in the 80's. I hope you are having nice weather.

Agape,

[Linked Image]

Possi

RUN WHEN YOU CAN,
WALK IF YOU HAVE TO,
CRAWL IF YOU MUST,
JUST NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

"A FRIEND HEARS THE SONG IN YOUR HEART AND SINGS IT TO YOU WHEN YOU CAN'T REMEMBER THE WORDS."

"A FRIEND LOOKS THROUGH YOUR BROKEN FENCE TO ADMIRE YOUR FLOWERS."

Lon #510595 04/26/15 01:09 AM
M
Decorated_AS_Kicker
Decorated_AS_Kicker
M
I Have been told I have sharp tongue before. Not a strong one though. I will for sure keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I have looked at four bear this year,caught a big one yesterday. Looked at some little Cubs in their den earlier this year the were the size of volley balls cute as can be. Been doing it alone and enjoying it. You look to your health don't mess around,get it looked at asap. If not I will give you a good tongue lashing.
ETTE.
Darrel
P.S. Tell your sweet wife hello from Darrel and Jayme.

Possi #510602 04/26/15 02:58 PM
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Possi- I am glad that you are having nice weather!

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
mulehound #510603 04/26/15 03:03 PM
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Darrel-
Hi there. I have not been that close to small bear.
I have watched them walk right by me and of course taken a sharp bead on a big one, until I saw the cubs a few minutes later.
I have an appointment with a urologist next month, I have some problems there also.

Is your lovely wife still with you? shocking...just shocking...
I remember our visit as if it were oh, a few years ago..

Your the man!

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
Lon #510606 04/26/15 03:31 PM
Hello Lon,

I would bet that my wife and son also have strong tongues... they exercise their tongue a lot talking.

Me... I am more of a listener, my tongue probably is not on par with the 3 of you. Maybe I have strong ear drums.

The world needs the listeners for all the talkers out there smile

I had a Friday Bible study on the book of Job. Brought back memories of when I first had AS, I read the book of Job a few times when AS came to stay way back.

Best to you Lon, we all love this place.

Tim

AS may win some battles, but I will win the war.

KONK - Keep ON Kicking
Lon #510618 04/26/15 09:26 PM
Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
At the dentist my tong has to checkout every thing the dentist is doing. You could say I have no control over it

Lon #510619 04/27/15 03:29 AM
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Supreme_AS_Kicker
Hey Lon,
Same as you, tongue has to meander about the mouth just as hygienist is trying to do her job....LOL. Hardest is keeping the mouth open wide for her--always get a big cramp in jaw about then and need a rest. Like the others, telling you to make sure you get the lung-area thing taken care of. Lots more people need to experience you in person. wink Glad you didn't get into a situation more serious than language with that guy. Be safe. Gentle hugs.

DX: Psoriatic Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis
Meds: MTX since Oct 2009, 15mg/week. Cimzia-restarted after 2 yrs away.
Epidural Steroid Injections x8; Lumbar Radiofreq Ablation x2
SIJ Steroid Injection x3; Bilateral Radiofreq Ablation SIJ x9
Dotyisle #510629 04/27/15 02:55 PM
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Tim-Thanks for some personal insight....
""Job 31:34
34 because I so feared the crowd
and so dreaded the contempt of the clans
that I kept silent and would not go outside

Keep listening to your loved ones. You will not regret being someone with whom your wife can share her thoughts and feelings.

I wish I would have made a commitment as chapter 31 Job....when I was younger. But for a long time I have been a blood bought child of the King.

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
Smed #510630 04/27/15 02:56 PM
L
Lon Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Smed- MORE SNOW TODAY!!!!
It is like our tongue has a mind of it's own!

I keep the New Covenant,
back into place by HIM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 46 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Its been a long, long time
by Richard - 02/27/24 10:49 AM
AS questions from a newbie