Moderators:
· Tim (Dotyisle)
· Chelsea (Kiwi)
· Megan (Megan)
· Wendy (WendyR)
· John (Cheerful)
· Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.

KickAS QR Code
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
T
Just looking to see if anyone has experienced this with their AS symptoms.

I am currently experiencing burning pain in the front of my chest right where my pectoralis minor inserts into my ribs on my left side. It is in response to an injury I acquired while doing dip exercises at the gym. I can't seem to find anything online related to this unique type of injury. It isn't quite at the location of the sternum so I don't think it is chostochondritis but I could be wrong. I also get pain down the upper part of my left tricep muscle.

I know sites of injury are often catalysts for my AS flares which leads me to wonder if that is what is going on. The big thing is it seems to be worse when I sleep and flares up the most right at 3 to 4 AM, just like good ol' AS used to do to other locations like the SI joints. Prior to this injury my AS symptoms have been pretty well controlled with physical activity.

I have been to a few doctors but they have dismissed it as a simple muscle injury. It has not improved at all in 3 months though. Since the location is over my heart, they saw me right away to rule out any heart issues.

Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
My pain in this area was ribs fussing-

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
A.S. is such an erratic condition that is is difficult to tell if your current problems are just the A.S. finding a new way to torment you. It is all too easy for us and the doctors we see to just blame everything on our A.S. The symptoms you describe are much the same as some I have myself experienced over the years. I am glad that you have seen a doctor about it. At least now you know it is not anything serious. The chances are that given time it will get better but just how much time I can't tell. Three months is not all that long to wait for a muscle injury to improve.

T
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
OP Offline
First_Degree_AS_Kicker
T
If it is related to fusing should it show up on an MRI of my chest? That is my next step. I am hoping an MRI will show something. I have no stiffness in the area at the moment and my chest is very flexible right now. It used to be stiff, not expanding as much when I breathed, but weight lifting has kept it flexible.

F
Frederick
Unregistered
Frederick
Unregistered
F
Originally Posted By The_Inflammator
If it is related to fusing should it show up on an MRI of my chest?

You will certainly see more on an MRI than you would on any X Ray.

Superior_AS_Kicker
Superior_AS_Kicker
May not show up to begin with. Connective tissues at ribs becomes inflamed at the start of fussing. When total fused it will show up. Took mine about 20 years. I was 26 and though I was having a heart attack. Did not show up until age 53. I did not have chest xray between those years.

R
Lurker
Lurker
R
Hi there.

Yes, I also experience pain in that region, sometimes whilst sleeping, sometimes random intense pain that does not react to movement at all.

Not sure what it is, but will ask my Rheumatologist when I see her next.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Dietician
by Christichka - 04/19/24 01:07 AM
Meat and Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:47 PM
Green tea and more Klebsiella
by 604 - 04/09/24 09:22 PM
Trehalose