Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Symptoms of AS but no Diagnosis by Robin_H @ 02/16/18 07:20 PM

Hi Auggie: I actually did mean do yoga every hour. I knew that would catch people's eye. I do about eight minutes of yoga every hour when at home for a whole day otherwise I would go insane from the discomfort in my body. When I am out for the da
Surgery
Jump to new posts Re: recent surgery problems by AnitaC @ 02/16/18 01:47 PM

Hi, I need advice. I had surgery January 3rd. It was laminectomy & dicectomy (sp?). My recovery went well at first. By the close of the month my incision site began to swell. Not hot, not seeming to be infected. I was going in for a follow up
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Psoriatic Arthritis by Robin_H @ 02/16/18 09:54 AM

Giving doctors the "big picture": most don't want to hear to avoid burnout -- "compassion fatigue" When I try to tell a GI doctor about the inflammation in the sacrum and the rest of the spine and skull she says to tell a rheumat
Anti TNF and other biological medications
Jump to new posts Re: How to get Anti TNF medication by Sue22 @ 02/16/18 07:23 AM

For me, finding a rheumatologist who could and would diagnose and treat me was the challenge...that took 12 years and several rheumies. Once I found one, then it was easy. He said I had to have failed at least 2 or 3 nsaids...I failed 10+.... He's
Sporting ASKickers
Jump to new posts Re: Posting Slacker Alert - SORRY!!! by Sue22 @ 02/16/18 07:13 AM

still walking.... good to see you here too <3
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Eye Pain, but not inflammatory uveitis by Sue22 @ 02/16/18 07:12 AM

Hello all, Every so often I get this really bad eye pain. Its not uveitis / iritis / inflammation; my ophthalmologist said he'd be able to see remnants of damage if I had that. And I do get dry eye (from the inflammatory process), but that feels
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Beginner questions by Robin_H @ 02/16/18 07:05 AM

CHOCOLATE: If a person has their symptoms driven by Leaky Gut, or has SIBO, or some pathogen then chocolate would be a problem because of the sugar. I ate lots today and feel horrible. I had one last Magnum ice cream bar too and am feeling even wor
#1 AS Web Support Group
vitamin C: 500-1000 mg daily, Ester C vitamin D: 10,000 IU daily, vitamin shoppe brand (and yes, that much, not a typo to keep my levels where they should be) LDN: low dose naltrexone...my rheumy prescribes both LDN and humira...as they affect the
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - which drug to take by Sue22 @ 02/16/18 06:58 AM

I've been on Humira for my spondy since june 2013 and have only had good results. The shot hurts, but that's it. It isn't perfect, sometimes my flares are stronger than the Humira, and then I take some Aleve (but that quickly causes gastritis and e
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Fringe foods by Robin_H @ 02/16/18 06:57 AM

Hello Josh: Pretty much every iffy food you just listed can hold you back for many reasons. I'm more strict than you and am suffering. My major obstacles are coffee, chocolate and nuts. We should eliminate them for at least a month and see what
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: NSAIDs and fertility by AlpineAg @ 02/14/18 03:51 AM

Hi Winter, I know that Humira is being used to assist with fertility in some programmes in Ireland - I'm not sure it's approved for use in those circumstances, but apparently good results have been had. Can I ask what biologic you were on during pre
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Diet success stories see a halt in progression? by DragonSlayer @ 02/13/18 06:41 PM

Hello, kimberlyjo: The author of our primary guide (The IBS Low-Starch Diet), Carol Sinclair, cannot even get an "official" AS diagnosis because even after many years her SIJs are fully intact. She is also B27+ of course but her diet ha
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Sinus problems by Winter @ 02/13/18 02:07 PM

So sorry, didn’t know you already had sinus surgery. If it were me, I think I would try oral antifungal treatment with very low sugar diet for six months. My doc at Mayo told me it can take six months on fluconazole to really kick out fungal infect
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: No/Low Starch Diet Success Stories by kimberlyjo @ 02/13/18 01:42 PM

I am a new diagnosed Anky ( hate this word right now) Although I am sure that I have had it for at least 20 years now in a milder form, has suddenly progressed to much worse. And if it weren't for a fluke, I wouldn't have been diagnosed last week
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Recently diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondilitis by mulehound @ 02/11/18 10:18 PM

Can relate to rib pain and fingers been there. Diet brought me out of it. Good luck figuring it out, everyone is different. ETTE Darrel
Who's Online
1 registered (Ako), 112 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Re: recent surgery problems
by AnitaC
02/16/18 01:47 PM
Psoriatic Arthritis
by Sue22
02/16/18 07:46 AM
Eye Pain, but not inflammatory uveitis
by Sue22
02/16/18 07:12 AM
Fringe foods
by Josh300788
02/14/18 05:42 AM
Diet success stories see a halt in progression?
by kimberlyjo
02/13/18 01:25 PM
Beginner questions
by PauloFreitas
02/12/18 11:28 AM
How to get Anti TNF medication
by GemStar
02/09/18 03:11 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
"FITNESS" TEAM! - All Physical Activity & Sports 36,678,273
hmmm 1,908,679
Has anyone had Pedicle subtraction Osteotomy ? 1,601,238