Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: How frequent that we have to do MRI of spine ? by Frederick @ Today at 05:48 AM

I've had two MRI scans in the past 20 or so years. I'm also talking NHS here.
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: NSD vegetarian? by Frederick @ Today at 05:46 AM

Well if it works for you then go for it but personally I would expect problems in the future.
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: MSG causing flare ups by FormerFoodie @ Yesterday at 06:42 PM

I haven't run a perfectly controlled experiment to isolate MSG as the triggering factor, but I suspect that it triggers a NASTY reaction in me. Early in my days exploring diet (before I got strict with NSD and no-sugar) I had a crazy unsettling ex
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Fused/infused/flavored Olive Oil by FormerFoodie @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

I generally avoid fruits because I just feel better when I don't eat any sugar. However, I do use lemons and limes in my cooking. I enjoy high quality oils and find that they are a nice way to break up the monotony of 'vanilla' olive oil. Generall
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: NSD - Mood swings, irritability, short temper by FormerFoodie @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

Sorry to hear about your mood swings and irritability but congrats on starting to see some benefits. I started NSD in spring of 2009. When my progress plateaued, I took another step and went no-sugar. Like you, I was super cranky, had a short fuse
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: nsd started augest16 by bilko @ Yesterday at 02:03 PM

My last blood tests also showed high iron levels - ferritin etc - and so my GP had further tests to check whether I had haematomachrosis (various other spellings available). I didn't, but he thinks I am a carrier for the gene. He kept looking at me,
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Fasting and AS by Bronwyn @ 01/21/17 07:37 AM

I would drink only fresh squeezed juices. I used: apples, pineapples, greens, carrots, beets, ginger root, tumeric root, oranges, and grapefruits. I did not try to juice things that didn't taste great to me. I only used the juice to keep me from brea
Alternatives
Jump to new posts Re: Pamidronate and AS by Wisdom @ 01/20/17 09:47 PM

There is additional scientific rationale for the exploration of bisphosphonates is AS. These drugs, as sythetic analogs of pyrophosphates, may interfere with the process of calcification of entheses that occurs in AS.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Intermittent Back Pain by Boroboy @ 01/19/17 05:33 PM

I've suffered from constant pain from the age of 21. At different levels, dependent on my current treatment. Many a time I've sat up & walked forwards like a crab. Sitting on hard wooden chairs, probably the worst for me. I'm still waiting for it
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Rib pain (not at front) by Boroboy @ 01/19/17 05:29 PM

Yes I did, prior to my biologic days. The pain was that intense at times I had to freeze in the standing position. Couldn't move or breath for a few seconds, due to the pain felt at the rear ribcage area. I've also had it bad in the breast bone area,
Anti TNF and other biological medications
Jump to new posts Re: Enbrel? by Boroboy @ 01/19/17 05:15 PM

I've tried eradication diets in the past, found that they actually made me feel worse. For me a healthy balanced diet is the best option. Although I do realise some diets seem to work well for others. It's a case of matching the best treatment for th
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Started NSD and No Reduction of Pain by Rayd @ 01/19/17 02:38 PM

Cross contamination? What does this mean? Good luck to you too! I am on my way to reintroduce some food after a whole year in pain. Almond butter and some dairy, second day that I tried some molasses. Maybe it is too much but I cannot stand the diet
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Chaga Mushroom Tea! by Frederick @ 01/19/17 08:23 AM

May as well try witchcraft. See your local witchdoctor he may be able to help you.
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Chaga Nushroom Tea?? by Santosh @ 01/18/17 02:44 PM

Has anyone tried chaga mushroom tea?
Alternatives
Jump to new posts Re: Essential Supplements by gbash @ 01/16/17 06:14 PM

If you eat a well-balanced diet, then no supplements are "essential." If you don't eat much fish, then you might consider fish oil supplements. If you rarely get outside or live far north, then you might consider Vitamin D. --Greg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 114 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
NSD - Mood swings, irritability, short temper
by drone3
01/19/17 12:01 AM
Chaga Mushroom Tea!
by Santosh
01/18/17 02:48 PM
NSD vegetarian?
by Fozzybean11
01/16/17 11:56 PM
MSG causing flare ups