Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Mayo Clinic by jackson @ Yesterday at 05:01 PM

I searched but did not see this discussed. I was wondering if any of you have had an appointment at the Mayo Clinic. I inquired about a getting second opinion from there and was granted a slot in June. I was surprised to see that it's a 5-7 day ord
Sporting ASKickers
Jump to new posts Garden Yoga!!! by EricaK @ 05/21/17 11:20 PM

Hey!!! I've been gardening, walking, swimming, and playing with grandkids. NOT all on the same day! My dream Reality Gooooo TEAM!!!
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Stop Remicade and manage with just NSAID's ? by jackson @ 05/21/17 09:31 AM

AsX, I can totally relate to your experience and your perspective on meds. Keep in mind, I am not a dietician or a doctor. Diet talk can be as polarizing as religion or politics so I try to tread lightly here. Modifying diet is an effective way t
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Stop Remicade and manage with just NSAID's ? by Frederick @ 05/21/17 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By AsX Hence, I was wondering if the AS is mild or gone into remission and if it still makes sense for me to continue with Remicade or can I discontinue it and manage with just NSAID's. The general rule I think is to always
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Best NSAID? by rumble @ 05/21/17 01:33 AM

The only one that worked well for me, Mobic, was d/c'd last year because my creatinine went higher than the rheumy liked (1.22 at the highest level). Other ones I tried bothered my stomach or didn't work. I'll take OTC stuff on occasion, but nothin
#1 AS Web Support Group
Hi all, I'm new to this forum so let me begin by expressing my gratitude to all the people who made this forum possible and to those who take the time to answer questions and support each other. Thanks all! I've been suffering from AS for the pa
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Niacin by jay_bharat @ 05/20/17 12:54 AM

Hi all, Whether anybody is taking Niacin for AS. How effective it is for AS while on diet. What dosage is being taken and how long. Thanks. Jay
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Supplements by Josh300788 @ 05/19/17 07:06 PM

Thanks guys Can someone please explain the benefits of taking olive oil throughout the day? Also for candida treatment i hear coconut oil is very good. Cheers
Sporting ASKickers
Jump to new posts Re: Elm Seeds EVERYWHERE!!! by Lon @ 05/19/17 02:35 PM

Wling Lola May, 5-6 days a week at the park being the monster for the grandkids mow the yard, work on the boat some walking in Wal-mart The pain below and in my right knee is just about more than I can stand, but life goes on. Love you all go tea
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: NSD - Clarification by jay_bharat @ 05/19/17 10:46 AM

Hi kellybells, Thank you. Are you taking 400 ml of coconut milk per meal. Is that undiluted. How many kernels of coconut will it be?. I am curious. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Slightly more hopeful today. I saw my rheum doc and he agreed to give me 3-4 rounds of both cipro and omnicef. With 11 days per round but only one round per month of one of them. My plan is to not take either of them until I wake up with that feeling
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: NSD - Clarification by Kellybells @ 05/18/17 11:24 AM

I made a beet kvass early on in the NSD to get more probiotics in my diet. Although beets are starchy, and I reacted when I ate them steamed, I thought kvass might be different because you only consume the liquid. My hope was that most of the starch
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: NSD - Clarification by jay_bharat @ 05/18/17 02:14 AM

Hi Kellybells, Thank you for the details provided by you. I would like to try beet kvaas, but was bit reluctant since beetroot has a little starch (1.7 gm/ 100 gm). Your comments are encouraging. I will study the details of preparation
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by jay_bharat @ 05/18/17 01:14 AM

Hi Exacta, Curious to know about your supplement regimen for the benefit of the members, including me. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone have chronic palpitations? by stevec @ 05/17/17 09:34 PM

I do and am absolutely certain they are biomechanical and caused by the affect AS has had on my spine causing vagus nerve irritation When my heart starts to race I always first feel a triggering tightness or pressure on my neck If you google vagus
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: NSD - Clarification by Kellybells @ 05/17/17 02:31 PM

Legumes are very high in starch, and I personally have not done well with nuts and seeds (including blanched almonds and almond milk) although I have been ok with hazelnut milk. Dairy is completely out of the question for me. Of your list, the only
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by Kellybells @ 05/17/17 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By ExactaWell, I am now back to feeling great for the past 3 days. This time feels less 'random' and more like I have been making actual progress. I think my supplement regimen might really be helping to control the Kleb. I will k
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Best NSAID? by jay_bharat @ 05/17/17 10:14 AM

Hi Sue, You are on Humira and also take LDN. Do you take methotrexate. Can one take LDN & MTX concurrently. Regards. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Best NSAID? by Frederick @ 05/17/17 05:17 AM

NSAIDs. are notorious for causing stomach problems. There are however various medications you can take to alleviate such problems. I take Lansoprazole and it seems to have solved the stomach problems I used to get. Other such drugs are available such
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by DragonSlayer @ 05/16/17 03:25 PM

Hello, jackson: Because ESR should peak at age 40 then decrease, I would not expect the divide by 2 idea to be very realistic. I know for a fact that if my ESR were >32.5, I would be in excruciating PAIN! Fortunately, it has been 9 or below fo
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by jackson @ 05/16/17 01:59 PM

Going back to the sed rate referenced on page 3, I was curious. Is a "normal" non-inflammation number your age divided by 2?
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by Exacta @ 05/16/17 01:30 PM

Well, I am now back to feeling great for the past 3 days. This time feels less 'random' and more like I have been making actual progress. I think my supplement regimen might really be helping to control the Kleb. I will keep track, and if I make co
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: No/Low Starch Diet Success/Failure Stories Ratio by jay_bharat @ 05/16/17 11:10 AM

Hi DavidP, Thanks for your detailed reply. I received a copy of the book "A Doctor's Proven New Home Cure for Arthritis" a couple of days back. I am yet to go through it. Many people suggest fasting. I am bit reluctant to do no food fas
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by Kellybells @ 05/16/17 11:09 AM

Sorry to hear it Exacta. I'm feeling pretty frustrated myself. After a glorious week and a half of pain at the 0-1 level (my best stretch since I started NSD 4 months ago!) I clearly ate something to set me off. Was it the blanched almonds? The okr
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Best NSAID? by Sue22 @ 05/16/17 09:43 AM

I think everyone is different. Here is a summary of how the various NSAIDs affect me: Cox2 Inhibitors (Vioxx, Bextra) (2000-2002, effective, gastritis, edema) Cox2 Inhibitors (Celebrex) (2000, made me loopy in the head) NSAIDs (ibuprofen, naproxen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Mayo Clinic
by jackson
05/22/17 05:01 PM
Stop Remicade and manage with just NSAID's ?
by AsX
05/20/17 08:55 AM
Niacin
by jay_bharat
05/20/17 12:54 AM
NSD - Clarification
by jay_bharat
05/15/17 05:30 AM
Candida albicans
by Rayd
05/14/17 08:08 AM
No/Low Starch Diet Success/Failure Stories Ratio