Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: New to AS by Wis_Dave @ Today at 01:59 PM

I was diagnosed in my mid-20's and was also pretty active. In my case my spine fused top to bottom so I lost mobility and ability to do a lot of things. Good news is that 35 years later I'm getting ready to retire, have two sons, play golf decently (
Anti TNF and other biological medications
Jump to new posts Anti-TNF medication and HPV/molluscum contagiosum by GeorgiT @ Yesterday at 05:22 PM

Hello guys, I am new to the forum and this is my first post here. I have been recently diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis and put on Humira approximately 5 months ago. It has definitely helped in reducing (almost eradicating) the pain; however, m
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: New issues by DragonSlayer @ Yesterday at 01:43 PM

Hello, Gman: Regret antibiotics, unless they are combined with NSD and specific to Klebsiella pneumoniae, can make things much worse. I don't know if allopurinol can have any effect against AS, but Your symptoms are more similar to AS than gout. I
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: User names revisited by DragonSlayer @ Yesterday at 01:24 PM

WELCOME, Young_Steve: We loved Your dad; he was a great man and wonderful friend to us here at KickAS. Certainly You already have much respect and good will! HEALTH, John
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by jay_bharat @ 08/21/17 11:58 PM

Hi Magician, Sorry to note that you have MS and suspecting AS?. It is very difficult if the diagnosis does not reveal clearly. With diseases like auto immune problem, if the diagnosis is not clear, it is really agony. I have to wait for 3 m
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Various questions, and about Candida by Kellybells @ 08/21/17 08:37 PM

Hi kj, A good place to start is looking for possible trigger foods. For me at least, blanched almonds are out. I avoid all seeds and nuts except hazelnuts and chia. I avoid even low starch veg like carrots and I'm careful about fruits (apples, grape
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: User names revisited by Young_Steve @ 08/21/17 04:18 PM

Well... My Dad was known here as "OldGeorge". Just made sense, but I don't feel very "young" anymore!
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: New issues by Smed @ 08/21/17 06:40 AM

I have had those symptoms while trying to find out what was causing them. Note Dr at the time diagnosed condition as gout. 10 years later discovered I had AS. Good luck Note symptoms did not last for a long time and it has been years since I have
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts New issues by Gman1970 @ 08/20/17 11:17 PM

I've had a few strange new issues. Started out with a sore toe that became swollen and real painful. To the point it was hard to walk. Had to keep off my feet and no shoes for a few days. Doc originally put me through 2 courses of antibiotics. D
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by Magician @ 08/20/17 04:28 PM

Jay I can certainly understand your need to know what exactly your mystery illness is. I am diagnosed with MS this I do believe but feel I also have AS because I am HLA B27 positive. My rheumatologist added this finding to my medical file. I know thi
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Mayo clinic by jay_bharat @ 08/20/17 09:19 AM

Hi Kickingbird, Thanks for your sharing. I will keep the points in mind. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by jay_bharat @ 08/20/17 09:18 AM

Hi John, I am HLA B27 negative. This is also a reason for him say not AS. I have to wait for some more time. I am digging my old reports and checking for abnormalities other than bone issues and for muscle related. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by jay_bharat @ 08/20/17 09:15 AM

The doctor has something in his mind, but has not revealed anything. He mentioned it as muscle weakness. He asked me to continue present medication including biologics for AS, suggested hip strengthening exercises and said mobility will improve. He a
Anti TNF and other biological medications
Jump to new posts Re: Tuberculosis test by Wotan @ 08/20/17 06:45 AM

I maybe should have updated this thread: I had the Quantiferon Gold test done and it came back negative. Another doctor looked at my X-Rays and has a different conclusion. That and the fact that the test is negative means I did not had latent TB, so
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Mayo clinic by KickingBird @ 08/19/17 06:30 PM

Hey Jay, Quality Doctors, in general, dislike online consults. I begged myself into Mayo around 2012, with conflicting Dx's, multiple Dx's, and physical therapy C3 central spinal cord rehab hospital issues. Mayo accepted by fax, piles of medic
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by DragonSlayer @ 08/19/17 01:57 PM

Hello, Jay: I don't know the answers, but curious whether You have been tested for HLA B-27 antigen? Of course, if it is not AS or RA, the NSD would have no therapeutic value. But AS is very specific to SIJ erosion, and so many other symptoms indi
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by Frederick @ 08/19/17 04:38 AM

Like most people my problems were before diagnoses for A.S. when no one knew what I was suffering from. The fist consultant I saw was a orthopedic surgeon. He immediately said I had a T.B. spine but this was latter disproved. It was some 6 years latt
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice for 11 year old son by Jingabee16 @ 08/18/17 06:47 PM

We also used unsweetened coconut and coconut milk, savory leaves, basil leaves, tarragon and bay leaves
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Need advice for 11 year old son by Jingabee16 @ 08/18/17 06:44 PM

We have about 10 days to complete our 30 day diet. I don't think it's helping so far. Last week I was super strict and was down to just Beef, Chicken, shrimp, homemade chicken broth, cucumbers, spinach, olive oil, lemon, salt, honeydew, cantaloupe, w
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Confused - AS by jay_bharat @ 08/18/17 03:45 AM

Hi everyone, I was hospitalized for vomiting 10 days back. Rheumy (not my regular doctor) visited. I told him that I have been on biologics for AS for almost 10 years and explained about my limited mobility (15 m at a stretch) though fairly
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Mayo clinic by jay_bharat @ 08/18/17 03:44 AM

Hi Lon, Do they provide online consultation. Or any hospital with good track record provide online consultation. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Mayo clinic by jay_bharat @ 08/18/17 03:42 AM

I am confused about AS itself after 10 years. I am posting in a new thread, that is why I require expert's views. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Mayo clinic by Lon @ 08/17/17 04:57 PM

Jay- many of those hospitals require a referral from your doctor. before they will take you as a patient.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Mayo clinic by Frederick @ 08/17/17 07:04 AM

You should be able to get the details you need from the internet.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Mayo clinic by jay_bharat @ 08/17/17 05:48 AM

Hi all, I would like to send my health details to Mayo clinic to get their advice. Any idea, whether they will respond to emails. Can anyone provide me the email contact details. Thanks Jay
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Anti-TNF medication and HPV/molluscum contagiosum
by GeorgiT
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
New issues
by Gman1970
08/20/17 11:17 PM
Confused - AS
by jay_bharat
08/18/17 03:45 AM
Mayo clinic