Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all by AS_Jim @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

The last 5 weeks I have basically eaten chicken, pork, beef, bacon, fish which is usually tuna or salmon from a can,eggs, broccoli lots of broccoli,tomatos,spinach avocados garlic, chili and jalapeños I have stoped sugar and dairy except for hard c
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all by AS_Jim @ Yesterday at 03:00 PM

Thanks john, so roughly in 2008 I was diagnosed with reactive arthritis hlba27 + placed on sulphasalazine, mobic, and prednisone. My whole body was affected toes knees fingers although my back and hips were the worst. After 3 months off work I was ab
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Hello all by DragonSlayer @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

WELCOME, AS_Jim: You are welcome to post Your story on this Main Forum. Good alternative is dropbox link in Your signature. Of course we like Success Stories posted on the NSD and Diet Forum. Glad to have You on board, HEALTH, John
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Hello all by AS_Jim @ Yesterday at 05:00 AM

Hi all 😊 been lurking the site for about 6 weeks now finally joined, wanting to give you all my life story lol along with a few questions to see if anyone can point me in the right direction? Is there a specific place to do so?
Alternatives
Jump to new posts Re: Fecal transplants by Ghost_gt @ 06/27/17 10:30 PM

I tried this in 2015. Went to Sydney from USA. Saw prof. Borody.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by Sue22 @ 06/26/17 06:45 AM

Before Humira, I treated my enthesitises just like anyone would treat tendon / ligament "injuries"....PT, ice, contrast baths, ultrasound (I now have a home unit), soft tissue work. I found that bracing of any kind only made the inflammati
#1 RA Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Perimenopausal RA--my wife's recent experiences by jay_bharat @ 06/26/17 01:45 AM

Hi John, Sorry to hear the problem. Happy to note that the problem being resolved. Thanks for replying my email despite problem faced by your wife. I have sent reply to your mail. You can reply when you find time. Jay
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Thanks for this site! 13 year old diagnosed. by Stormy @ 06/25/17 10:05 PM

Originally Posted By NickiHayes Our first rhuem visit will be on June 22nd, at the U of MN which i am very hopeful about. How did the rheumatology appointment go?
#1 RA Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Perimenopausal RA--my wife's recent experiences by mulehound @ 06/25/17 09:03 PM

Man o man tell her I am glad she is doing better. ETTE. Darrel
#1 RA Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Perimenopausal RA--my wife's recent experiences by DragonSlayer @ 06/25/17 04:10 PM

We returned from Philippines and Annie had severe pains that included probable plantar fasciitis, knee edema, wrist pains, shoulder and clavicle pains, and fatigue. It got so severe that she went for a pred taper. Two months from the pred has su
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by jay_bharat @ 06/24/17 02:34 AM

Hi John, Sent an email as suggested by you. Kindly check up. Regards. Jay
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Steroid by light @ 06/23/17 05:10 PM

Hi John, Thanks so much. I am going to ask for a gout test when I see the doctor in a week. However, it is not visibly swollen and the pain seems to move around too much to be gout. I will go to bed with the pain around my big toe and then wake
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Steroid by DragonSlayer @ 06/23/17 03:22 PM

Hello, light: Quote:How bad would that be for my overall health? I cannot walk at all at this point, even after resting it for a week. It depends upon how much You have used steroids in the past. Occasionally, I need a pred taper for my gout (and
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Steroid by light @ 06/23/17 10:31 AM

Hi everyone. I usually do great with NSD, unless I hurt myself. I have a minor injury in my foot, which is wigging out because of the spondy monster. I have spoken to my compounding pharmacist and he could make me predisone or possibly medrol w/o
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by jay_bharat @ 06/23/17 01:59 AM

Hi John, Thank you. I have done borage seed oil as you have suggested, 6 capsules a day, for a week and wheat grass juice in empty stomach. With the left out capsules, presently I am taking 2 capsules a day. I am taking EVOO 5 – 6 tsp every
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts boswellia by light @ 06/22/17 04:55 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried Boswellia or 5-loxin to help with inflammation with success? Thanks so much.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by DragonSlayer @ 06/22/17 01:55 PM

Hi, Jay: Regret strict NSD is not helping; this should obviate the need for any drugs. I can say, especially in retrospect, that I would take antibiotics over biologics any day. Have You gone on NSD and Diet Forum to troubleshoot diet? From past
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by jay_bharat @ 06/22/17 10:38 AM

Hi David, Thank you for your elaboration. But I am yet to get the insight. I will try to understand probably with a sketch of hip region and come back. I have developed antibodies to anti TNF. Hence, I was enquiring with my rheumy about Cose
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by DavidP @ 06/22/17 06:55 AM

Hi Jay, Yes, that's how I read it. Using a humanised anti-IL17 or Anti-IL23 (so called 'biologics') might not address existing points of inflammation. Perhaps a type of biologic might be added that could successfully knock down the inflammation asso
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by DavidP @ 06/22/17 06:49 AM

Hi Jay, I'm still a great advocate for the LSD / NSD. If you've got hip pain, then that's bad enough, but you don't want knee pain / synovitis as well; so adopting a No Starch Diet might prevent you developing further hot spots, and hopefully the h
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: enthesitis by jay_bharat @ 06/22/17 06:04 AM

Hi David, Quote: Once established, the nature of the inflammation at such points of enthesitis is different to the gut based inflammation, and this, at least to me, explains why diet is a great preventative, but is less successful in knocking down t
Who's Online
1 registered (AS_Jim), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Hello all
by AS_Jim
Yesterday at 05:00 AM
Perimenopausal RA--my wife's recent experiences
by DragonSlayer
06/25/17 04:10 PM
Steroid
by light
06/23/17 10:31 AM
boswellia
by light
06/22/17 04:55 PM
enthesitis
by light
06/20/17 09:01 PM
NSD not working due to hormonal changes?
by chpritz
06/19/17 03:45 PM
Lon, are you ok?
by rumble
06/17/17 11:35 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
"FITNESS" TEAM! - All Physical Activity & Sports 32,169,946
hmmm 1,622,807
Has anyone had Pedicle subtraction Osteotomy ? 1,394,249
What to do about healthcare? Can it be fixed? 896,154
User names revisited 793,965
Medicinal Marijuana 704,469