Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Spondylitis and CRP by Frederick @ Yesterday at 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By MollyC1i The big reliance on blood test results are rather out the window, like the HA-B27 test, and that old hoary one 'Women don't get AS'! <LOL> I was at my rheumatology clinic yesterday. Just a routine thing so not
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Help sudden severe new symptoms by Magician @ 07/18/18 01:43 PM

Three weeks ago out of the blue severe pain and I could not shift to the right or left. Extreme pain. Went to my doctor and he smiles and says 'it is your AS'. I have been noticing tiny symptoms of it over the past few months. Quite frankly it suck
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Spondylitis and CRP by MollyC1i @ 07/18/18 05:13 AM

Correct Frederick. Has little bearing. When inflammation can be picked up by MRI but they then find that the blood test shows nothing out of the ordinary ! The big reliance on blood test results are rather out the window, like the HA-B27 test, and
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Spondylitis and CRP by Frederick @ 07/18/18 05:04 AM

I think much the same applies to the E.S.R. blood test for inflammation. They don't seem to give as much emphasis to these tests as they used to
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Family member diagnosed by MollyC1i @ 07/17/18 05:59 PM

Yes. The links work. How about that, from 2006 no less. Knew it was a longish time ago - help. I've gotten older !! <LOL> I shall print them out - thanks again Manatee (Cindy) - and thanks Mig for archiving. http://www.kickas.org/ubbthrea
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Family member diagnosed by MollyC1i @ 07/17/18 05:40 PM

Here ya go - http://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=317499&page=1 Manatee - Exercises - Nov 2008 'Exercises manatee' returned 7 results Forums : AS web support group and Helpful Tips Re: Questions about back b
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Spondylitis and CRP by MollyC1i @ 07/17/18 05:23 PM

Yes. Correct. Mine does not go up either, this in spite of inflammation - in the past, quite severe inflammation. My excellent rheumatologist, Dr Millicent Stone, covered this fact in her / my report. CRP is not always heightened in AS.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Family member diagnosed by Ann1965 @ 07/17/18 01:36 PM

I looked, but couldn't find them either.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Family member diagnosed by pspondylitis @ 07/17/18 12:50 PM

can anyone find (link) those physio exercises ? Thank you.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Spondylitis and CRP by pspondylitis @ 07/17/18 12:25 PM

Over the last 17 years, I have had quite a few CRP blood tests. Once it was slightly high ( 25), but on all other situations, it has been normal. Once I had severe back pain, and even then it was normal. My rheumatologist said that this is a common f
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Help sudden severe new symptoms by MollyC1i @ 07/16/18 04:27 PM

Frederick : Quote : "Yes I have had such pains over the years. With a bit of luck they will go as mysteriously as they came. Sorry to say but that is just the way of it with A.S." Can but agree. Out of nowhere the stabbing pain arrives,
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: One year of NSD by Kellybells @ 07/16/18 11:49 AM

In keeping with the rest of my update, thought I would share the NSD survival strategies that have helped me get here: 1. Hardboiled eggs - My biggest and best discovery. I boil a dozen at a time to eat as breakfast, snacks or lunch. They are extrem
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Both AS and Hereditary Hemochromatosis? by pspondylitis @ 07/15/18 03:39 PM

hello hlab27. I think ferritin can go up for a lot of reasons inclusing haemochromotosis. they need to do other tests, such as iron saturation.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Have you had a DNA profile done? More AS Genes! by pspondylitis @ 07/15/18 03:22 PM

Hi David, I am a bit confused. You say : I am diagnosed with uSpA (no axial spine involvement but rather peripheral joint involvement) But i thought to call something spondylo arthropathy, even if it is undifferentiated, it has to include the axial
Alternatives
Jump to new posts Re: Drinking diluted bleach eliminated symptoms by pspondylitis @ 07/15/18 01:42 PM

Please please please be really careful with bleach. I have seen children who have swallowed tiny amounts and their whole oesophagus (gullet) destroyed. There was one case where the child filled an empty bottle of bleach and drank from it, and that wa
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Psoriatic Arthritis by pspondylitis @ 07/15/18 01:35 PM

Psoriatic arthritis can present in a variety of ways. One such way is that it affects the spine, pretty much like it affects people with AS. From a treatment point of view, it probably makes little difference whether you have AS or psoriatic arthriti
Sporting ASKickers
Jump to new posts Soooooooo LAZY!!! by EricaK @ 07/15/18 08:58 AM

Hello Everyone! So, here's a weird thing. I was diagnosed with osteopenia in my hips and have been lazing around for the 3 months since. What's up with that? Today I'm getting back on my swim/walk schedule and also cleaning my house. My goal is to
Helpful Tips
Jump to new posts Re: Radon Health Mine Therapy in Boulder MT by jroc @ 07/15/18 06:55 AM

I went there in 2011. I can't say for sure whether it made a difference or not. This paper has info about the controlled studies that have been done on AS and radon therapy: Radon therapy for the treatment of rheum...linical trials. Full text av
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Help sudden severe new symptoms by Frederick @ 07/15/18 03:39 AM

Yes I have had such pains over the years. With a bit of luck they will go as mysteriously as they came. Sorry to say but that is just the way of it with A.S.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Help sudden severe new symptoms by lulu12 @ 07/14/18 09:11 PM

Suddenly last night I began having severe pain down both my sides along the ribs and obliques . I am unable to twist to either side without severe pain. Has anyone had this ?
Helpful Tips
Jump to new posts Radon Health Mine Therapy in Boulder MT by Ann1965 @ 07/14/18 06:56 PM

I had someone recommend Radon Health Mine as an excellent suggestion for AS. I looked it up, and there are several excellent reviews on their website. Has anyone tried this or known anyone that had gone there?
Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Spondylitis and CRP
by pspondylitis
07/17/18 12:25 PM
Help sudden severe new symptoms
by lulu12
07/14/18 09:11 PM
Radon Health Mine Therapy in Boulder MT
by Ann1965
07/14/18 06:56 PM
Carnitine