Moderators:
- Tim (Dotyisle)
- Chelsea (Kiwi)
- Megan (Megan)
- Wendy (WendyR)
- John (Cheerful)
- Chris (fyrfytr187)

QR Code
If you want to use this QR code (Quick Response code) just save the image and paste it where you want. You can even print it and use it that way. Coffee cups, T-Shirts etc would all be good for the QR code.
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Confused - AS by jay_bharat @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Hi everyone, I was doing hip strengthening exercises and underwent massage treatment as suggested by rheumy. I am having a little relief. I consulted him after 3 months. I took all my reports from 2003 and explained in detail about the difficul
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: LSD - Brazilian by Kellybells @ Yesterday at 10:20 PM

Hope you'll keep us posted on how you do with the protocol. I was interested to read about its modulating effect on inflammation - I wonder if it can lessen the effect of the autoimmune response? I'm less impressed by in vitro results....that's an as
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent surgery by AnitaC @ Yesterday at 09:47 PM

Thanks to all for your response. Frederick, I tend to lean towards your approach. Also, I have so much pain I’m almost willing to do anything. Numbness still creeping upwards. Then I totally hear what Smed is saying. It’s nothing to be cavalier
Surgery
Jump to new posts Re: AS and knee replacement surgery by Lon @ Yesterday at 07:58 PM

some yeas ago I had a DR. do the tests, he kept trying to turn my wrists so that he could look at them. It hurt every time he cranked on them! What an unprofessional he was. I think my wrists are much worse after carpel tunnel, in some ways. THe th
Surgery
Jump to new posts Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... by Lon @ Yesterday at 07:54 PM

I am wondering how you are feeling? sometimesit seems like our lives are filled with progress and pain and then more pain before the progress. You are a hero - I am so glad for you and for the kids and family! Keep us posted.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Visit in Las Vegas by Lon @ Yesterday at 07:48 PM

John- in a month or so, lets talk again. Maybe something will work out? I think of you both often! I hope you are well?
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent surgery by Lon @ Yesterday at 07:44 PM

Anita- of course be careful. But you can also ask for a copy of the radiologist report, now it is on a CD. Listen / look your self and can take a copy with you to another clinic. Many of us are living hae lived with bulging disks. In time everyone o
Surgery
Jump to new posts Re: I'm having surgery in 7 weeks..... by AJ_FUSED @ Yesterday at 02:47 PM

Hi Danose, Really sorry to hear your surgery had complications....I went into both of mine fully aware of the many things that could happen. I pushed my luck twice within 16wks & my outcome has been superb.....from the 1st surgery (chin on chest
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent surgery by Smed @ Yesterday at 01:20 PM

Check out the Doctors success rate- If it were me I would want a surgeon that performed this type of surgery on a frequent basis. Brother in Oregon has been in a wheel chair for a few years after having surgery for a ruptured disk.
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Urgent surgery by Frederick @ Yesterday at 05:33 AM

Seems like sound advice to me. Only ask for second opinion if they guarantee you will see someone very soon preferably this month. It is not something to delay as you could have an accident at any time. I had spinal surgery many years ago. It turned
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Urgent surgery by AnitaC @ 12/10/17 05:06 PM

Hi, I’m asking for kind advice; I recently found out I have a ruptured disk as well as all the AS stuff. I also have 2 significant spots with “spinal arthrsclerosis”. Anyway, the doctor told me that my only option is surgery. That I need to wea
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: LSD - Brazilian by Marcos_R @ 12/08/17 01:54 PM

The coimbra protocol is a method developed by a physician at the University of São Paulo used in autoimmune diseases. A protocol base is in high doses of vitamin D. It was first used in patients with multiple sclerosis and had obtained very relevant
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: LSD - Brazilian by Kellybells @ 12/08/17 09:54 AM

Hi Marcos, thanks for sharing your story. It's not an easy thing to totally change your diet like that. I have never heard of the coimbra protocol. Doesn't make much sense to me (why high doses of vitamin D? What does gluten have to do with anything
Technical Support
Jump to new posts Re: Searching posts more than 2 years by jay_bharat @ 12/08/17 07:54 AM

Hi mig, Thank you. It did try it earlier and again after your indication. It is not giving the details for more than 2 years. More so, it stops with 50 posts, even if it is less than 2 years. Anything admin can do on this. It will be useful for a
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by Robin_H @ 12/08/17 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By DragonSlayerHello, Robin_H: About 40% of AS patients do not have elevated ESR/CRP tracking disease activity. However, in the majority of cases, these are useful to determine disease activity. When I first started NSD, I was ab
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by Robin_H @ 12/08/17 05:05 AM

I too can not touch alcohol. I have been suspecting that eggs and coffee are an obstacle to remission, but I just wont quit!! Eggs have inflammatory properties and acidic coffee destroys the microvilli in the gut which reduces nutrient absorption,
NSD and diet-related;
Jump to new posts Re: Frustrating relapse - any advice? by Exacta @ 12/07/17 10:36 AM

Hey KickASers - I wanted to provide an update. I have had my share of ups and downs since July. I am in a good place right now, where I feel like I have continually increased my knowledge of what drives my inflammation. Here are some of the border
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Visit in Las Vegas by DragonSlayer @ 12/06/17 11:12 PM

Hey, Br'er LON! Regret we will still be in Philippines in March, so can't see You then but soon after, The Fates willing! HEALTH, John
#1 AS Web Support Group
Jump to new posts Re: Visit in Las Vegas by Lon @ 12/06/17 03:54 PM

Yes, we ARE TO GET 40 mph winds this aternoon. I am thankful for the Rec. C. Nice to see you!
Who's Online
1 registered (jay_bharat), 73 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Urgent surgery
by AnitaC
12/10/17 05:06 PM
LSD - Brazilian
by Marcos_R
12/03/17 07:37 AM
AS and knee replacement surgery
by Alrod
12/02/17 04:12 PM
AS and major surgery