Kickas.org
Posted By: AnitaC Urgent surgery - 12/10/17 11:06 PM
Hi, I’m asking for kind advice; I recently found out I have a ruptured disk as well as all the AS stuff. I also have 2 significant spots with “spinal arthrsclerosis”. Anyway, the doctor told me that my only option is surgery. That I need to wear a medical corset immediately, surgery urgent etc. He says no repetitive bending, no lifting and if if I fall or get hit I could be in danger of being paralyzed.

Do I take his medical advice, or do I risk time and get another opinion?? Thank you in advance! Anita
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Urgent surgery - 12/11/17 11:33 AM
Seems like sound advice to me. Only ask for second opinion if they guarantee you will see someone very soon preferably this month. It is not something to delay as you could have an accident at any time. I had spinal surgery many years ago. It turned out to be the best thing they ever did for me.
Posted By: Smed Re: Urgent surgery - 12/11/17 07:20 PM
Check out the Doctors success rate- If it were me I would want a surgeon that performed this type of surgery on a frequent basis. Brother in Oregon has been in a wheel chair for a few years after having surgery for a ruptured disk.
Posted By: Lon Re: Urgent surgery - 12/12/17 01:44 AM
Anita- of course be careful.
But you can also ask for a copy of the radiologist report, now it is on a CD. Listen / look your self and can take a copy with you to another clinic.

Many of us are living hae lived with bulging disks. In time everyone of my disks were bad, painful. Some got a little better. You afre the only one that knows how much you can take.
Posted By: AnitaC Re: Urgent surgery - 12/12/17 03:47 AM
Thanks to all for your response. Frederick, I tend to lean towards your approach. Also, I have so much pain I’m almost willing to do anything. Numbness still creeping upwards. Then I totally hear what Smed is saying. It’s nothing to be cavalier about. I’m hoping to make it to Christmas break so I can possibly use that time for surgery. Maybe. I work in a school, so that is my hope at least. I’m so grateful to have someone to talk to. Thanks
© Kickas.org