Kickas.org
Posted By: MikeGinnyMD Has anyone here had C. diff? - 07/17/17 02:10 PM
So I'm now on my third relapse of C. dificile colitis. I actually busted through oral vancomycin and had to add Flagyl to it. The diarrhea finally stopped (maybe?) this morning. I'm getting a fecal transplant a week from today and I'm so excited I could shi...

...er... wink

I'm off my ENBREL right now. The nice thing about that drug is that the short half life allows you to regain normal immune function in about 10-14 days. I'm going to try to stay off until a week after the transplant, longer if I can.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this. It *sucks.*
Posted By: DragonSlayer Re: Has anyone here had C. diff? - 07/19/17 04:29 PM
Hello, MikeGinnyMD:

I did not have a confirmed case of C. diff colitis, but I suspected it was. I had been using several antibiotics and wound up with a terrible colitis that I treated by fasting for a couple of days, Flagyl after this, then 2 day apples. This was immediately before a function I had to attend, so a quick fix was necessary. Might have staved off something severe; C. diff can be deadly and wrecks havoc on the lower tract that can increase AS activity.

Good Luck with it!

HEALTH,
John
Posted By: Lon Re: Has anyone here had C. diff? - 07/21/17 09:42 PM
After a lengthy stay in the hospital, I went home and 3 days later was very sick once again.

I had been on major dose of antibiotics for 10 days, before getting the C-diff..
Posted By: rumble Re: Has anyone here had C. diff? - 07/22/17 04:44 AM
Looks like this coming Monday is your big day. Enjoy! smile I've never had it and never knew anyone that had it, though I've worked in a lab for years, plus dealt with the samples that would become the target for a C-diff test. (If ever there was a sample that made you want to use your personal protective equipment....this would be it!)

Good luck with the transplant. Hope it does the trick for you.
Posted By: IamGrateful Re: Has anyone here had C. diff? - 09/14/17 06:15 PM
I Just got diagnosed with c diff. How did your FMT go?
© Kickas.org