Kickas.org
Posted By: Lon Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 05:05 PM
Gotta Share This
Thursday night after work, I met Lin at a café for a bite to eat.
It was a Chinese restaurant that was about half filled.
There were three fairly big guys sitting in a booth along with a little guy maybe six or so, 4 in total,.
3 of them looked like brothers, same hair, glasses, face was shaped the same. Then a kid about 20 or so.
When it came time to order. The older young guy ordered and then the waiter asked the six year old what he wanted. Well he said. I want a hamburger! “A hamburger?”, the biggest brother said. Then he yelled it out: “ a HAMBURGER!! You dummy you don’t eat hamburger at a Chinese Restaurant!. He went on an on. The little boy started to cry and they all started to laugh! He went on and on, making fun.
The rest of the restaurant was very quiet. My wife stands up, turns right into their booth and says:
“don’t be so hard on him, he can have a burger if he wants. He is just a kid…” I stopped eating mid bite. The sweet and sour pork was half way to my mouth! Though the brothers were young men, they were both much taller than my 5’6”. And the blond guy was at least 240#. I thought there she goes again!
I knew I could take two of them, but no way I could wrestle three guys to the ground! But merry Christmas, they just nodded their heads and I was saved again. Several times she has expected me to take over after she has “set some wayward man straight”.
I knew it would ruin a good meal, It would have been just like her to jump right in and throw the first punch! Ah, I love life. These kinds of grins make up for the stinking pain! She must not be listening when I preach about” peace on earth?”
Merry Christmas. How every you celebrate, I am glad that you are part of our family here at K.A.
Cause I love this place!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 05:36 PM
Typical woman Lon act first think later what would we do without them hahahahaha.
Kevin
Posted By: Inanna Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 07:23 PM
I call for a rousing cheer for Lin!!!! That poor little guy. I can imagine how he felt. Why do people make people cry for their own amusement. grrrrr. Tell Lin I'd've been right there beside her.

Glad Christmas came a little early, Lon, and you didn't have to become Super Lon over the sweet & sour pork!! smile

Agape,
Posted By: Inanna Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 07:24 PM
OY!! Are you vying with Alan for Clot of the year??!! wink3

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 07:41 PM
Who me frown1 frown1 frown1 frown1
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 08:40 PM
Kevin,
My wife would risk life and limb, to protect anyone anywhere.
If that is typical, I guess we men are surrounded by heros.
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 08:42 PM
Kat,
I expect you would be right there.
She reacts very quickly in public, while I on the other hand, want a bit more time. The biggest trouble maker, slide over so that I could not see him the rest of the meal.
Yep, you two girls would have got me into a doozy. I usually have something to say whenever I go to WalMart. ...
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 09:03 PM
tell lin i said good for her!
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 09:26 PM
Oy don't drag me into it. anyway thanks to Lin, I did get the Hamburger..................
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 10:05 PM
Alan,
I thought those tears kind of looked like yours, you know the time we were left to fend for ourselves when momma got run ovber by the reindeer and you....
It was you Alan?!
I thought that old ketchup on the side of yer mouth looked familiar!
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 10:13 PM
Sue,
Lin will be pleased at your responce, but she would have done it all be her ownself. I think she would challenge me to do something if I were against a dozen, if it was the right thing to do.
Have a merry christmas!
I hope you feel better each day!
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 10:52 PM
Oh Lon,

You have a prize there..someone who will not see injustice done to the poor, weak and young. She is my kind of woman, I have a feeling that her and I would get along well.

I to imagine Bill has longed for the cute little shy timid girl that he married but she is long gone and as long as I have breath I will not stand to see an injustice either.

I have done everything from threatened to kick a womans butt (that is the nice version) because as she put it I did not look handicapped enough for the handicapped parking space even though I have a ligitimate placecard to having had words with parents about calling the cops on them if they laid one more hand on their child BUT I also love to be a peacemaker, I can not tell you how many times there has been a sleepy, cranky, crying, screaming child and a tired exasperated parent who is moody and embarressed at their child that I will walk up to and say Mom/Dad I know they may be giving you fits but they sure are precious or how beautiful they are, or you know they will be grown before you know it..I cant tell you many times the child quietens and the parent smiles and many times has said thank you because I was so embarressed.

Yep, that Lin is a keeper..lol

Hugs,

Lisa
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 10:54 PM
Mmm Kevin Im going to let that one slide just because I like you...lol but it is a good thing we don't live in the same country..lol you used your 1 up now don't let this happen again or I will have to get Alan or Bruno involved..lol

Hugs,

Lisa
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 10:56 PM
DRAG YOU INTO IT!!! You are ALWAYS up to your ears in it my love..lol

Lisa
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 11:10 PM
Im sure your wife is a very good and brave lady Lon.And I have a lot of respect for both of you no offence was ment on my part
You are special friends. I wish all women were like her.
Merry Christmas to you.
Kevin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 11:12 PM
Thanks Lisa.
Did I only have one chance thats not fair bet Alan gets more than that.
Kevin
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 11:22 PM
Lisa,
You are right, a smile, or a wave, or a question often makes the difference when kids are fusing.
I best keep Lin aweay from some of you gals here.....
Several times I have said Lin: you may have to call the cops".
Children need protecting.
I ownder if Darrel will see this - and arreest me for impersonating someone who cares???
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 11:24 PM
Kevin,
At dinner tonight, I will tell her about our fun.
She will give me the look again. And I will remember that I married "up" and she too on the project.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Kevin!
Posted By: Sue22 Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 11:43 PM
well, i don't do it as often as i should, but am always proud of myself when i do. i remember this one time in high school, the big tough guys were picking on this one boy that got picked on a lot by others. i was so mad that without thinking i told those guys go pick on somebody your own size! i think they were so surprised they didn't give me any flack. i surprised myself as well! laugh2
Posted By: rumble Re: Gotta Share This - 12/21/09 11:49 PM
Good for Lin! I hate to see adults making fun of little kids and setting such a poor example of maturity.
Posted By: Possi Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 12:14 AM
Three Cheers for Lin! Give me an L. Give me an I. Give me an N!
LIN!! LIN!! LIN!!

If there is a child involved I am right there with her. I just hold up my Grandma card and play that one. :o)

Glad you didn't choke on your chicken.

Love you both.
Possi
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 12:45 AM
BLAH HA HA!
Posted By: Angelmom Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 12:49 AM
Ok, Kev I may give you one more..lol

No Alan started out with 0, zippo, nada, nothing..lol he might actually gain a point if he would do something for me like lift the restraining order, hmm send a video of his skills, ahh send an article of clothing for my fan collection...lol

Lisa
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 02:16 AM
Hey Lon,

Wonder if Matthew 7:7 "seek and you shall find" also refers to trouble grin2

Glad the gentlemen learned their lesson.

Tim
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 03:16 PM
Sue,
Good for you! We need some hero's in our society!
I woudl not be surprised to see you do such a thing!
Merry Christmas Sue. I hope you feel well..
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 03:18 PM
Rumble,
I think we have many "lins" here, don't you?
Merry Christmas!
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 03:21 PM
Possi,
Yep, there are many just like her in this group!
My hands are so sore, I don't think I could throw a very good punch any more, so I will have to work on my "treaty" measures if I am going to hang out wiht her! another 40 years.
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 03:23 PM
Timothy-
I was thinking of "a soft answer turns away wrath"!
The Lord asked for one sword before a journey, all I had was a fork and a forture cookie!
Merry Christmas Tim. You remrain a tremendous example; and a good brother!]
Merry Christmas.
Posted By: Inanna Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 04:55 PM
Well, you know, my dear, you have been cavorting with Alan a fair bit lately. I figured you were learning charm from him or summat!! grinwink2

I truly hope you didn't take me serously or anything. Heaven forfend!!

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Inanna Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 04:57 PM
My dear, sweet, unassuming Alan, we all know you are as pure as the newly driven snow ... in an oil patch!! wink

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 06:13 PM
I know kat he's a really bad influence I must stop listening to him. No I didnt take you serously If I did I would be crying.
sad frown1
Kevin
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 07:08 PM
Huh typical. me here merely walking past the door, whilst you all on here trying to 'borrow' Lin's hamburger and zooop!!! there I am dragged in, my reputation in tatters and if she had her way, Lisa would have my clothes in the same condition. And Kevin hads had loads and loads more chances than me, so there. Merely popped in did I to offer a consoling word, then attacked on all sides, now Kat likens me to an oil well...........well really..........huh!!!!
Posted By: Inanna Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 08:37 PM
Oh good. You had me worried for a mo.

You know, Kevin, it occurs to me that if we stop listening to Alan, well, he'll just wither away. Then we'll be left asking, "Whither, oh whither, has our friend Alan withered away to?"

Whether he withers, or whither he weathers, he'll weather and wither away, poor lad.

Warm hugs,
Posted By: Inanna Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 08:38 PM
Oh come now, Alan. I didn't compare you to an oil patch, just your purity!! angel3d

Warm hugs,
Posted By: ineptwill Re: Gotta Share This - 12/22/09 10:59 PM
Lookyou, the last time I ate purity was in a seafood restaurant in a little place called Niagara!! I met there with a straNGE COUPLE, THE NAVIGATORS THEY WERE CALLED i THINK, "WHERE ARE YOU kAT?" " OH ON A DIRT ROAD MIG" "OH WHICH DIRT ROAD KAT?" "BRIAN, WHERE ARE WE BRIAN....OH ERRR, WELL THERE'S A PARKING LOT AND ERRRR........WELL MIG, WE ARE ON THE DIRT ROAD BY THE LOT"........"CAN YOU SEE THE FALLS?".......(blamk look from Kat) the falls!! What falls Mig........oh yes and she compares me to an oil patch....
Posted By: Sassy Re: Gotta Share This - 12/24/09 12:33 AM
A feisty woman!

I think that Lin and I should go out for Chinese.....You will bail us both out, right? wink
Posted By: Lon Re: Gotta Share This - 12/24/09 03:27 PM
Lori,
Are you kidding me? You two would never get bail? If you were together they would, just laugh if I asked how much bail would be. I can see that in my mind, Lori. Wha tone of you didn't t5hink of, the other would! Those three guys would have been reduced to a shivering mass of flesh!
Ah, I love it here!
Posted By: Sassy Re: Gotta Share This - 12/30/09 04:32 PM
We may not get bail, but we would sit in the cell...side by side laughing about how much fun we had!!

Besides.....you could sweet talk the judge to let us out. I know you could!
Posted By: Dotyisle Re: Gotta Share This - 12/30/09 05:57 PM
Hey Lori,

Good to see you posting, love the pic with matching red Elmo shirts with grandkid. Hope all is well on your end.

PS - since you are posting, have to bring up the fact Wisconsin swept NH in college hockey this year smile

Tim
© Kickas.org